Just returned- hotel report

Well to start I am from New York, about an hour north of the NYC. My daughter and I took the Autotrain (Lorton VA to Sanford FL.) arriving on August 21st. First half of trip was one of the new studios (DVC) at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Arrived at hotel at 11:30am but was not able to get into room until approx 5:30pm.
POSITIVE
The room is nicely decorated, the LCD TV is big for the room, the kitcenette area suffuces. The views are unbelievable BOMA is incredible food.
NEGATIVE
The room is small, not much room to put clothing away (and we only had 1 adult and 1 child) As you do not get daily maid service they do not give enough towels. The A?C does not suffice for the room. Because of the construction there are no soda/snack/ice machines on the floor (which made no sense as the room for this is by the elevator and they could just as easily have blocked the two hallways to the "under construction areas), there is a constant smell of polyurethane throughout the floor. No free laundry as there is at other DVC resorts for studios. And as at all Disney resorts I have stayed at they cannot seem to keep the dryers working properly. The fast service area is way too small for this resort. On a rainy night waited approx 1.5hrs for service.

Switched to POP CENTURY on 8/26 (free dining plan), room was nice but way too few towels in room as there are no towels by the pool (although they have towel return bins??) Food court and store are great and of proper size. Grounds get a little dirty at times. Lifeguards seem disinterested in their jobs. Although left a decent tip everyday ($3 for 2 people) never received a "towel character). Overall nice and I guess you get what you pay for. Departed on 9/1 to the auto train.

Overall we had a great trip.

Sorry to hear that you had problems… :pinch:

What was the auto train like?

This was my fourth time on the auto train. This time we got a 2 person roomette. It does not save on time from driving but you are more restedat the end!!!. A little hard to sleep. The food is pretty good and free snacks throughout. Daughter liked the movie. As I do not drive I believe it is well worth it.