Just stayed at BWV

Our home resort is BWV, which is our favorite of all time. We just had Christmas there, and it was super. I am thinking about next trip, and we will either try HHI or Vero Beach – or go for a nice 2br at BCV or WLV.

My question is, if I am working with a 7-month window, will there be any 2-bedrooms left at WLV or BCV?

Also, is the customary procedure to book a room at your home resort at 11 months and then if you can grab a room somewhere else at 7 months, you cancel your original room?

Well I booked a 2br at WLV at the 7 month mark with no problem. I had to change it to a studio at 4 months when my mom couldn’t come anymore. I also had no problem with that.
Are you wanting to book for Christmas at 7 months?

I think it’s the time of the year that you want to book which is key. We always go the first week of Dec. Last year I waited until May (7 month window)to try and book at WLV and to my dismay everything even our home resort of BCV was all booked for the first two weeks of Dec. We were waitlisted for every DVC. After seeing on their travel website that they offered DVC accomodations to the public (but we were waitlisted), I was quite upset. I emailed DVC my frustrations of the waitlist/public offering and received a phone call from a DVC rep who tried to rectify the situation. She was only able to aquire accomodations for us at Saratoga Springs and she suggested that for the future to book at our home resort (11 months out) and then switch the reservation if were able to book at another resort at the seventh month window. I thought that the first week of Dec (value season) was the best time to go because of low crowds. I guess the secret is out of how great it is at the world during the holidays!

DVC has different ‘seasons’ then regular resorts, what’s value at the resorts can be very busy at DVC resorts. Fall and December is a very busy time at DVC resorts, food and wine and the lower points fill the resorts.

We have friends who own at SSR and we/they always book there at 11 months then change to BCV at 7 months. We’ve never not gotten BCV at 7 months in the summer. This year I booked a 2 bedroom at BCV around 11 months and changed to a 2 bedroom at HHI with no trouble.

If you book at your home resort at 11 months you know you at least have that to fall back on if what you want isn’t available at 7 months.

For our upcoming trip, we made reservations at our home resort (SSR) in the 11-month window. That way, we were assured we had a room SOMEWHERE, even though my DW and I were in agreement we would try and get a room at another DVC property (since we want to sample them all eventually!). We were able to get in at BWV at the 7-month point. They did have to cancel our SSR reservation & then book the BWV reservation. The CM did “read the script” to tell me that once the SSR reservation was cancelled, it may not be available to change back to AND that the BWV room he just looked up might have been ‘taken’ in the 60 seconds it took to work all the keystrokes. They are just trying to cover the bases since it “could” happen.

We always try to book at the 11 month mark. Usually we aren’t too fussy about where we stay - we know that the accomodations will be nice no matter what resort it is - but it does make me angry to think of being “waitlisted” while Disney is offering DVC accomodations to the public. This will probably get me into a whole lot of trouble here - but I think that as DVC members we should have a few more perks - and “first in line” opportunities for resorts and accomodations should be one of them. We’ve paid enough for the privilege.:glare:

Actually, DVC members do get to book the room first. It’s just that a member used their points to book a Disney hotel, cruise, or Adventures by Disney tour, so the room was rented out to pay for the cruise/hotel/tour.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;919155]Our home resort is BWV, which is our favorite of all time. We just had Christmas there, and it was super. I am thinking about next trip, and we will either try HHI or Vero Beach – or go for a nice 2br at BCV or WLV.

My question is, if I am working with a 7-month window, will there be any 2-bedrooms left at WLV or BCV?

Also, is the customary procedure to book a room at your home resort at 11 months and then if you can grab a room somewhere else at 7 months, you cancel your original room?[/QUOTE]

I just stayed at HHI 2 weeks ago on the way down to SSR and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I didnt want to leave and go to WDW… Once I get my pics I will load them up. Im waiting for WDW to mail me my camera card that was left behind:pinch:

That’s my next goal - I want to stay at Hilton Head - and I’ll get Bella to take me all over.:laugh: