Just what do you think is the Disney Magic?

Understanding that everything is relative we look at it from a perspective that reflects our own personal experience.
We raised 4 of our own children then 2 grand children and now we are just the two of us. We are no longer living in the ‘competitive’ world. Having been retired for over 11 years we can now go to WDW any time we please. We truly enjoy each other so my wife and I go there at least 2 times a year just by ourselves.
In our view, the most obvious part of the ‘magic’ we perceive is that no one is going to work. Except for the Cast Members every one you see is on a holiday. Any bus, any boat or on the monorail or at the resort are all filled with happy folks on holiday. There are many other subtle reasons we believe create the 'magic but if you don’t believe in it you will never feel it.
That just doesn’t happen ‘off site’.
Have fun.
Joe

Bump :smile:

I have been going to disney since 1973 (I was 5 then). I think the magic is the anticipation of riding the monorail to the park with my kids now… Everything about our time on property is magical… I love going to our ADR’s, riding the transportation, walking the grounds… ALL Disney really… I am certain that I feel this way because, as was stated at the beginning or this thread, everyone there is on holiday!

[QUOTE=subvetss;975901]Understanding that everything is relative we look at it from a perspective that reflects our own personal experience.
We raised 4 of our own children then 2 grand children and now we are just the two of us. We are no longer living in the ‘competitive’ world. Having been retired for over 11 years we can now go to WDW any time we please. We truly enjoy each other so my wife and I go there at least 2 times a year just by ourselves.
In our view, the most obvious part of the ‘magic’ we perceive is that no one is going to work. Except for the Cast Members every one you see is on a holiday. Any bus, any boat or on the monorail or at the resort are all filled with happy folks on holiday. There are many other subtle reasons we believe create the 'magic but if you don’t believe in it you will never feel it.
That just doesn’t happen ‘off site’.
Have fun.
Joe[/QUOTE]

Joe -

you post just gave me a big grin…thanks! Love the picture of you and your wife and love even more that you two go to WDW twice a year. Proves that you don’t need to be a kid or have them with you to enjoy the magic.:heart:

I think part of the magic is just the fact that you can’t really explain what the magic is. When we go there, we’re just so happy the whole time. The atmosphere, surroundings, characters, and just seeing all the other happy families makes Disney magical. I’ve joked that it’s the only place you can go, open your wallet, and spend, spend, spend- smiling the whole time! :wink:

I noticed that was really missing at Universal Orlando. Both parks were very nice, clean, and had a great atmosphere. The big difference was the fact that the ‘magic’ just wasn’t there.

I love to watch the castle change colors at night from our balcony at the Contemporary!

I believe the magic is in the fact that there is a place where a 99 year old can have just as much fun as a 9 year old. It’s in every detail and in every cast members attitude. It’s knowing that every once in while there will be a bump in the road, but year after year we all know it’s the best vacation we can ever take.

I think the magic for us is that we leave “home” behind and get lost in Walt’s philosophies (sp?) of anything is possible, dreams do come true, magic is real. It’s the lump in my throat when I see the castle, the squeal from my husband when he hears the train whistle and how we can just be silly. It’s truly so many things, really hard to put into words.:heart:

This is so subjective and also at such a subconscious level that I can’t really put my finger on it, beyond saying it’s something in the air (not literally). It’s kind of a sixth sense thing.

Ever have a room with your bed on the south wall so that you can look at the MK from bed?

We have made 52 trips there. We go twice a year by ourselves but two more time with other family. Four times a year is our thing.
Joe

Naturally, the Disney Magic is a cruise ship!LOL Seriously, though, what makes the Disney “magic” is the immersive experience they create there, the theming of the entire resort. In addition, the cleanliness of the resort, and the courtousy and helpfulness of the cast members provide a thoroughly enjoyable retreat unlike any other vacation experience.

I love this thread, Joe. I also love that you and your wife love each other’s company. My mom and dad are like that and so are my DILs. DH and I love being with each other, and I hope that once we’re done raising our kids are retired we still love being together just like you and your wife.:heart:

I have quote in my signature about how you have to look for magic in your life and those who don’t look for it will never find it. I really believe that. I also think that those of us who love Disney and going to WDW have an easier time finding magic because there’s so much there. :happy:

For me it is that both my DD5 and I are completely awed and entertained equally. Age makes no difference! People are always asking me why we go back annually and my response is it is the best vacation my DD5 and I can possibly have together - the easiest for me and the most entertaining for us both! The look in her eyes when she sees the castle and the characters the first time each trip make me cry every time! Not to mention my excitement when I see Mickey for the first time!!

I guess somebody was bound to post this.:glare: I’m not sure if I’m angry that I was beaten to the punch, or glad I had the restraint to avoid it altogether.:cool:

My definiton of “The Disney Magic” … I guess it would better suited to give an explanation of how I feel. “Happiness” … To see my daughters face light up when she sees her favorite princess, “Young” … Knowing that walking down Main Street USA today was the same as when I did it almost 30 years ago. “Suprised” … also knowing that there is always something new to see when we visit WDW.

I love the fact that my daughter is so caught up in all things Disney, It’s a family tradition that me and the Mrs. passed down to her. We know there’s nothing like this in the world!

That in a brief explanation is what I would consider the “Magic”

We’ve been going since the early 80’s for the kids. Now, the last few times we have gone alone and enjoyed it very much. For us it’s the friendly attitudes, the cleanliness, the great food , the respect most people have for one another, the quality in other words. I think it removes us from the world we have to live in and puts us in a world we WISHED we lived in. Thanks WDW!

bravo!!!

I’ve been going since the early 80’s (first trip in 1983) and DW and I since 1991. We don’t have any children so it’s just the two of us. We typically go 2-3 times per year. It isn’t just one single thing that brings us back time after time.

It’s each and every attraction has a story (thanks imagineers!) so you don’t feel like you are simply waiting in a line for an amusement park ride. It’s where you can let your imagination go with these stories (Haunted Mansion). It’s being able to leave your cares behind and let somebody else take care of you (excellent job cast members!). It’s the great interaction with the characters (another great job cast members!). It’s the fact that the guests are placed number one and although other companies may say that, Disney is the only place that comes through with that promise (thanks Walt!).