Kali River Rapids

So DD9 is finally ready to go out of her “comfort zone” and step it up a notch and try new rides . . . she wants to start with this one (Kali Rapids) :eek:

The only thing I know about this ride is you get WET! :blink:

Soooo anything else you can tell me would be greatly appreciated AND is it OK for DD4 (she’ll be 5 by the time we ride) to go on? The height says 38" and she is 42"?

Thanks!

I think if your DD 4 can do Soarin she can do this the only thing that might be questionable to make her scared would be the big drop near end

I don’t think there’s any scary parts. My son loved it at 5 years old so it’s pretty tame because he’s not a thrill ride kind of guy.

OH so there are BIG DROPS . . . hmmmmm maybe I won’t tell DD9 that? I’m really not worried about DD4 she is more daring, but some of the rides, even though she is at the height requirement make me nervous.

Like Goofy’s Barnstormer . . . I thought she was going to fly right out of the seat! :eek:

So how big is the “big” drop?

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;925298]OH so there are BIG DROPS . . . hmmmmm maybe I won’t tell DD9 that? I’m really not worried about DD4 she is more daring, but some of the rides, even though she is at the height requirement make me nervous.

Like Goofy’s Barnstormer . . . I thought she was going to fly right out of the seat! :eek:

So how big is the “big” drop?[/QUOTE]

it is one 30 foot drop everything else is just rapids moving you along.

Well the good news is - it’s short!! :laugh:

So if DD isn’t too happy with it, at least it will be over fast. The “big drops” aren’t too big. Plus since you kind of spin down them instead of just plunging straight over them, it doesn’t give you the impression that you’re going to “fall out” like a lot of roller coasters do.

Overall, it’s a very mild ride and I think your DD will love it! :happy:

If you want a eek of Kali do a search on You Tube, there’s some video of it on there. It will give you an idea of what it’s like.

I consider Kali a very mild ride. I won’t even call the drop a “drop”, its more of small hill that you slide down and not very fast at that. I think she’ll love it.

It’s not a scary ride at all. You “swirl” around in the big raft. Everyone is strapped in, the scary part is getting wet, really wet on a not so warm day :wink:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;925290]Soooo anything else you can tell me would be greatly appreciated AND is it OK for DD4 (she’ll be 5 by the time we ride) to go on? The height says 38" and she is 42"?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Kali should definitely be ok for DD4. My niece (turned 5 a few days after riding) loved it! She rode 6 times, twice after I had to give in and be let off the raft.

It really is very gentle. Great fun if you don’t mind a little splash!

we have never managed to get on this… im hoping to do so in april im hoping think it will be warm enough.

When we rode it in 07 and got to the final drop it didn’t really look too bad until we got to the bottom. My DS (16) and DD (7) went down with their backs to the bottom and when we got there a wall of water about ten feet tall went straight up and came right down on the two of them! They were soaked!! We had ridden it a few times before and everyone just got a little wet so we were quite shocked.

That was me a couple of years ago. I’m not a big fan of walking around wet all day so I usually skip it.

I agree…after that experience I decided to ride Expedition Everest a little more and skip the rapids.

Sorry, some of these posts have me doing this: :eek::eek::eek:

Some this: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Overall, I’m just glad DD9 wants to try SOMETHING DIFFERENT! We watched the ride from the bridge for about 15 minutes when we were there in December. She was begging me to go on even though each person that got off was wetter then the next! :laugh:

I figure I’ll bring a change of clothes with us. We have ADRs at Tusker House for breakfast on the 31st . . . sooooo I’ll fastpass it before hand and we’ll see. Sometimes she wimps out. :blink:

When she was little she would go on everything . . .at least once . . . now, not so much! :frown: I’ll let you know how we fair . . . thanks for the feedback!

When we visited Animal Kingdom in November 08, there was a 4 year old girl in our ‘group’ to take the ride… she hated it and cried for the whole ride. She got scared when she got totally soaked, and then she didn’t like the part with the fire and burned up tree trunks and burning cars … sort of morbid for a 4 year old… so I can say I actually saw a 4 year old girl totally hate it.

:happy:I love kali river rapids, its the best! My favorite part of the ride it getting wet, and man do you get wet! I got drenched in November and it was so cold but, man was it awesome!

Jen-- There are lots of videos on you tube with the whole ride on it.

The only time I’ve been on it was by myself and I thought it was pretty calm too. And you do get SOAKED!!

All my kids have loved this ride since the youngest was only 5 or 6. You do get so soaked. I was grateful my daughter had a pair of oversized shorts I could wear as I was the one that go totally soaked. I have seen plenty of people wear ponchos to stay dry and I will probably do that as I don’t want to change my clothes again.

The ride is fine for her…

BEWARE – those silly little trunks in teh middle of the boat that are supposed to keep your gear dry, well they DON’T. Whatever you put in the trunk will be soaking. We always take those cheap $1 ponchos from KMart and wear them on KRR and Splahs, then we give them to people who are about to get on.