Keys to the kingdom

Anyone on here ever taken the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? Kinda maybe sorta halfway thinking about it - I have always wanted to see those tunnels! Is the tour worth the $75 a person? Is there a meal included in that? Geez, that’s a lot to show people where you work…

Great question! That was my birthday present from my DGF last week and our tour is scheduled for 06/25/11. It should be awesome!

I think she mentioned that there is a meal involved at the Columbia Harbour House and the tour lasts 5 hours. But I am not 100% positive.

The tour is totally worthit. Our tour guide was fantastic, I wish I could remember his name, he answered every question and was a wealth of knowledge. The tour is quite long, so make sure you have on good walking shoes. Enjoy!!

If you enjoy going backstage and seeing things that are hidden, you’ll enjoy it.
I will warn you, when I took the tour, by the time we were down in the Utilador late in the tour, I was starting to zone out.

Lunch is provided at Columbia Harbour House and you also get an exclusive Keys to the Kingdom pin.

I think the tour is totally worth the price. The lunch, I found was really nothing to write home about but it was included.

Unfortunately, we were not happy with the tour. In fact, it’s the only time we have ever requested our money back from Disney - I suppose if you are really detailed oriented you’d enjoy it…but standing in the blazing sun watching (and smelling) huge tubes of garbage shooting past isn’t my idea of fun. The mysterious “corridors” were just that; corridors - we didn’t see anything but lockers and bulletin boards and spent the time dodging golf carts - if one more had beeped at me I would have lost it. I can see the wire that Tinkerbell flies down from anyplace in the park - I don’t have to stand in a broiling parking lot staring at it for a half-hour. The Haunted Mansion was down when we were there - so we stood outside the attraction while our guide “explained” the ride to us. We were just about to get on Pirates of the Caribbean when it went down - of course this can happen - but there was no contingency plan. We just stood outside it while the guide “explained” the ride to us. It was long, hot and (to us) boring. The only upside was lunch where I had Columbia Harbor House’s tuna sandwich for the first time. Sorry to be such a downer - I hate people who kvetch - but there was not one magical moment on this tour and I really hated that we wasted the time.

DGF and I did this tour on Saturday and it was outstanding! There wasn’t a second of the tour that bored us (considering that I have “ADD”) and it ran a little over 5 hours. Now I’m not as much of a Disney expert as some of you are (here on MB) but I do know my fair share of Disney facts… And while I knew about 70% of what our tour guide advised us of, 30% of it was new information. The Keys to the Kingdom tour included “backstage” areas, lunch at the Columbia, VIP rides on the JC, POTC and the HM and of course, the underground areas. Our guide Caroline was fantastic! She was very knowledgeable, funny, friendly and she kept us all engaged throughout the entire tour.

I highly recommend this tour for anyone who is very interested in the background as to how the MK came about in Orlando, “Disney” information, “Easter Eggs” embedded in the various attractions & lands as well as how the amusement park functions and operates. And by no means did the tour “ruin” the magic. In fact it enhanced it for the two of us.

I would definitely do the tour again in the future…

Anyways, that’s just my 2 cents…

We did the Keys to the Kingdom last winter.
Total fun from start to finish.
Frank

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1076965]If you enjoy going backstage and seeing things that are hidden, you’ll enjoy it.
I will warn you, when I took the tour, by the time we were down in the Utilador late in the tour, I was starting to zone out.

Lunch is provided at Columbia Harbour House and you also get an exclusive Keys to the Kingdom pin.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Have to admit we didn’t see anything too magical. A lot of detail…so…much…detail…:sleeping:

On the upside - the tuna sandwich at CHH is very good.