Kidani Village at AKL Villas

Hi everyone! Will be staying at the Kidani Village 12/06 - 12/12 and would like to know if anyone has stayed in the new villas and can provide any info. on transportation/bus stops…parents (69 yrs old) will be traveling with us and curious about distance from bus stops to villas. Any other tips would be great too.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Welcome to MB!!
You will be sharing buses with AKL. Kidani gets picked up/dropped off first for the park buses. With the DTD bus they go to AKL first. I don’t know where at Kidani you a staying… we were right near a side door that lead to the buses. We never had a problem with the buses.

That helps thanks! Several of the other sites had comments about the buses but couldn’t find much about Kidani.

p.s. love the Forks location comment!

Jeni

yeah we went to boma and the bus stop seemed right there! but in my last few trips it just seems like AKL busses in general take longer than other resorts. we waited 40 minutes for one to take us from HS to AKL. My parents stayed there and said they had issues when there were there.

[QUOTE=mmforme2009;994910]Hi everyone! Will be staying at the Kidani Village 12/06 - 12/12 and would like to know if anyone has stayed in the new villas and can provide any info. on transportation/bus stops…parents (69 yrs old) will be traveling with us and curious about distance from bus stops to villas. Any other tips would be great too.

Thanks! :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Check out this trip report from a fellow mousebuzzer. She has some awesome pictures and other information about the resort… http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/51133-wishy-s-i-3-kidani-village-trip-report.html

I am looking forward to staying there in December as well.

Kidani is pretty intimate and small. If you are traveling with someone who might be more comfortable closer to all the major amenities in the resort put a request on your reservation to be placed close to the lobby. They can’t guarantee to honor this request BUT they are usually pretty accomodating.

The bus stop for Kidani is right outside the lobby and there are wooden benches in that area, only one of the stops is covered by an overhang and there are two benches under it so if it’s raining there is a tendency for people to huddle under that one until their bus comes.

The only problems we experienced with the bus service at Kidani were with the Studios buses. It was SO strange, they took forever and came very infrequently. Not sure if that was a fluke or not.

Otherwise, you should be ok. The hallways aren’t THAT long and it’s pretty easy to navigate.

When I my mom and I visited Kidani in mid-September, they were doing construction to the right of the entrance along the walking path to the Lodge that I believe was for bus stops. I think the current stop directly in front of the lobby doors is only temporary and the stops will eventually be very similar to the covered stops at the Lodge itself.

We just stayed there and loved it… Like wish said it is a very intimate & small. We only used bus transportation once and that was to the MK and we only waited 3-5 mins.
And yes Karen is correct the ones in the front of the resort are temp, we saw the ones that are under construction also and spoke with a CM and he said that the new bus tops should be done by the end of Oct. No worries you will love Kidani Village…

We stayed there in August (btw, loved loved loved it). The buses seem to run pretty regularly and the walk to the bus stop from the lobby is a small one.