Kids and the Car

Does anyone know what the FL rules are regarding a 4-year-old child in a vehicle? We’re using ME to get to and from the airport, buses once we get there, and I haven’t decided yet how we are getting to and from SeaWorld. Should I bring a booster seat, or is a seatbelt sufficient? TIA

I would bring the booster.

I believe it is up to 80lbs. should be in a booster.

You can’t use any kind of car seat on ME as there are no seat belts. If you decided on a car service I would as them if they could provide a booster so you don’t have to bring yours.

I really thought most states had gone to 8 years or 80 pounds but I guess not:

All children 5 years of age or younger must be properly restrained no matter where they are sitting in the vehicle. Children through age 3 must be secured in a separate carrier or a vehicle manufacturer’s integrated child safety seat. For children aged 4 through 5 years, a separate carrier, an integrated child safety seat, or a safety belt may be used.

I believe taxis and other forms of public transportation are excluded from this.

Child Car Seat Requirements

Thanks for the link DT.

I would see if you can borrow one or rent one so you don’t have to drag yours around

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;920054]I really thought most states had gone to 8 years or 80 pounds but I guess not:

All children 5 years of age or younger must be properly restrained no matter where they are sitting in the vehicle. Children through age 3 must be secured in a separate carrier or a vehicle manufacturer’s integrated child safety seat. For children aged 4 through 5 years, a separate carrier, an integrated child safety seat, or a safety belt may be used.

I believe taxis and other forms of public transportation are excluded from this.

Child Car Seat Requirements[/QUOTE]

it’s not required by law for kids over 4yo.
seeing as how ME doesn’t have seat belts…it’s really not possible…it would be like dragging your booster onto a disney transportation bus…to & from the parks.

Thanks for the info and advice.