Kids meals at the food courts

I’m not a big breakfast eater. In the past when we went with kids I felt comfortable sneaking in a kids meal for myself. Now that it’s just my wife and I can I still order a kids breakfast? What is the protocol here? We’re staying at AKL.

I see nothing wrong with it, I do know that at many of the restaurants they have such big portions that we would spilt a kids meal between 2 kids too and just order an extra beverage. I am sure there will be many differing opinions on this question just like so many others.

Differing opinions? With 10,000 members. Surely you jest. JK:laugh:

I expect there to be strict policies at TS restaurants but I wasn’t sure about the QS places. Thanks for your opinion.

I get the kids meals all the time. You are paying for it and the portions are much smaller so I don’t see why not? I do think the signs say “for guests 9 and under” but my 6 year old eats ADULT portions all the time, and that is never questioned.

Funny story, last trip my Dad wanted a Kids meal (we’d had had a huge breakfast buffet) - he ordered a kids burger and a beer, no questions were asked! :laugh:

Last February, I was at WDW with the band. My group stopped at Pizzafari to get lunch. We were being cheapskates because we had to pay for the Garden Grill ($30) that night with our meal money, as well. So we were going to order kids’ meals.

Well, we were split up and at different registers. I had no problem ordering a kids’ meal, and my sister and another girl got away with it as well. But we had a twelve year old boy with us. The CM working the register he was at said, “Kids’ meals are for kids nine and under. You’ll have to order something else.” (They let 18-year-old me get a kids’ meal, but not this 12-year-old boy??) He got out of line and went to McDonald’s in Dinoland where they let him order a kids’ meal.

It just depends on who you get. If I was the boy, I would’ve told the CM that I was getting the kids’ meal. (If that’s all you want to eat, that’s all you should have to purchase.) Pretend like you’re ordering it for your kid. That’s what I’d do.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1037211]Last February, I was at WDW with the band. My group stopped at Pizzafari to get lunch. We were being cheapskates because we had to pay for the Garden Grill ($30) that night with our meal money, as well. So we were going to order kids’ meals.

Well, we were split up and at different registers. I had no problem ordering a kids’ meal, and my sister and another girl got away with it as well. But we had a twelve year old boy with us. The CM working the register he was at said, “Kids’ meals are for kids nine and under. You’ll have to order something else.” (They let 18-year-old me get a kids’ meal, but not this 12-year-old boy??) He got out of line and went to McDonald’s in Dinoland where they let him order a kids’ meal.

It just depends on who you get. If I was the boy, I would’ve told the CM that I was getting the kids’ meal. (If that’s all you want to eat, that’s all you should have to purchase.) Pretend like you’re ordering it for your kid. That’s what I’d do.[/QUOTE]
Oh my!!! Such dishonesty…:laugh:

Yeah, I’m such a rotten person. It’s all because my dad carried me onto the plane as a lap baby up until I was three years old. :cool:

They could care less if you get an adult meal or a kids meal, just so long as your money is green and features pictures of dead presidents.

It’s not like you’re trying to reuse your mug from the last trip while you’re pool hopping.

I guess it does help if you order an adult and a kid’s instead of two kid’s meals.

[QUOTE=disney1;1037189]Differing opinions? With 10,000 members. Surely you jest. JK:laugh:

I expect there to be strict policies at TS restaurants but I wasn’t sure about the QS places. Thanks for your opinion.[/QUOTE]

If you are not on the DDP then there is NO PROBLEM ordering a kids meal for an adult at CS or TS. My mom did it a lot this past trip when the server at the Plaza said that there is no rule aginst it! Except with the DDP. We then tried it out at the Sci-Fi and the Pop! food court and again, no problems!

Lisa

I’ve done a kids meal if we had a big breakfast late in the morning or to tide us over if we had a late ADR. Soundgod hit it on the head with “They could care less if you get an adult meal or a kids meal, just so long as your money is green and features pictures of dead presidents.”
Order away.