Kids menus

I was looking at the menus on allears for kids at the CS restaurants in MK and I am floored at the very limited options they have. There are items that I love on the adult menus but when I look at what my kids get to choose from there is about 2 choices. I really wish Disney would add about 4 choices to the kids menus at their CS to offer children. Some of the choices they off are not what my kids would typical eat. They do on occasion at home but I just feel they need more options. Anyone else have this issue?

My kids started to refuse to eat kid meals when they turned about 10. They all prefer “real” meals.

when we went my kids were happy with whatever. everywhere we went, there was always something they would eat. most places atleast had chicken and fries or some type of sandwich and to go with it they always had fruit or something healthy. we never had an issue.

I agree with you, the options are so limited for kids at CS locations. Are you going to be on the dining plan? This is one of (the several) drawbacks to the dining plan for us. The portions are fine, but the variety is not so great. Since we don’t usually get the dining plan, my DD10 will sometimes order a bowl of soup or something a la carte if she doesn’t like what’s on the kids’ menu, or we’ll split an adult entree.

I agree… there are only so many days that you can eat chicken fingers on a 7 day vacation…

Try and book a buffet if you have a big eater. When our oldest was at that age we found that by booking a buffet he could eat whatever he wanted and was always full.

Yes, I agree about the CS meals. We would end up sharing our meals with DD. She had about had it with grapes and applesauce as sides too. She’ll be 10 for our upcoming trip and she is beyond excited to order off the adult menu.

My kids will eat it, but I do know that I’ll have extra grapes in my back pack. I plan on getting an app or carrying something else in my pack as an option. Usually my kids are just too excited to be there that they don’t even taste their food lol. :laugh:

Oh, and a trick we did last time. We didn’t feed them ANY of the standard Disney Kid Menu fair about 2-3 wks before we left so then it had been awhile since they had fries, etc. I’m about a week away from banning fries, grapes, chicken tenders, etc.

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;1031108]

Oh, and a trick we did last time. We didn’t feed them ANY of the standard Disney Kid Menu fair about 2-3 wks before we left so then it had been awhile since they had fries, etc. I’m about a week away from banning fries, grapes, chicken tenders, etc.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Years and years ago when all every CS had was a choice of hamburgers or hamburgers, we were sooooo sick of hamburgers by the end of the week.:laugh:

My DS is the worlds pickest eater, I always have problems trying to find places where he will eat, the buffets usually work the best and his favorite meal is breakfast, so I usually get him to eat a lot for breakfast, and then we find some pizza later

the kids options are very limited…to limited for them to have enough variety over a long vacation. GF is bringing her 6year old with us in August, but they will only be there for 5 days…he should be ok.

I was there this weekend and I noticed some changes. Like a chicken wrap & salads were added. At pizza plant there was no pepperoni pizza for kids, just cheese. I asked can I add it? They said “SURE, you just have to wait for us to make it!” 7 minutes later DD had her pepperoni pizza. Same goes for adding cheese to the hamburger meal, if they can do it they will - just ask.

Also, your cs meals (if on the meal plan) are all inclusive. So for my DDs and I, I’ll order an Adult meal and one kids meal and then we make our own meals out of all the food. It mixes it up a bit.

OH, I also noticed applesauce wasn’t listed on the menu, but when I asked they still had it available. They also have jello and chocolate chip cookies now as side options. Makes sense the kids can get dessert too. :laugh:

I think has been a persistent problem for Disney… my DH & I try to order our adult meals with the idea of sharing in mind. Of course, it helps that my DD12 eats like a bird so she eats DS6 kids meal & he happily eats her “adult” meal- he already eats like a teenage boy!! We also keep a stash of snacks~ fruit, crackers, etc.

We swap stuff or let the kids sample etc. We’ve ordered an app to split or etc. For CS though, I don’t expect too much of an issue though. The kids are getting banned starting next week from the ‘normal’ fare they will be eating at Disney in June.

Btw…where was this kids chicken wrap??? Anyone???