Kilimanjaro Safaris need strategy advice

Is this a popular attraction?
Is it a Fast Pass attraction.
Is it like Soarin’ at Epcot and Toy Story @ DHS where you need to hustle to get on before noon??
Just plotting my day.
I haven’t dont AK in a long while, so I’m not up on AK strategy.
Thanks.
Frank

It is a Fastpass attraction, although I don’t know if we have ever used FP for it. If you arrive at rope drop and make it your first ride, will have no problems getting on it in a quick manner. I’m told mornings are the best to go as the animals are more lively and moving around. Not sure if it’s true, but that’s usually when we go.

The reason to ride KS first thing in the morning has more to do with the animals than the crowds. Early morning is when the animals are the most active. The hotter the day gets, the less active the animals get. Many disappear to sleep in the shade. Of course, the lions sleep approximately 23 and a half hours a day anyway. As Beth said - it is fastpass, but it loads very quickly and you rarely need one except at the busiest times of the year. What we do is race to Everest, grab a fastpass there and then come back and do the Safari.

>> will have no problems getting on it in a quick manner<<
Where is it located?? As in which “land” in AK??
I’ll have to find a Guide Map on the web and check it out.
Thx.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1087517]>> will have no problems getting on it in a quick manner<<
Where is it located?? As in which “land” in AK??
I’ll have to find a Guide Map on the web and check it out.
Thx.
Frank[/QUOTE]

It’s located right at the back of Africa. Over the bridge, straight through Africa to the back.

I would definitely get there in the morning. The longest we’ve waited is 20 minutes and it wasn’t right at opening but it was our first attraction. We sent someone to FP EE for the family and then headed to Kilamanjaro Safaris.

I used to drive Safaris (and I miss it :frown:)! As others have said, morning tends to be best for seeing the animals closer and more active. When it gets hotter in the middle of the day, they tend to seek the shade. Later in the day/evening, they start heading off the Reserve for the night.

This is DAK’s signature attraction, so it does have Fastpass. But chances are you probably won’t need it unless, like llama said, you’ll be there during a peak period.

My DAK strategy: I go to Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing and get a Fastpass, no matter how long the standby wait is. Then I jump in the standby line for a morning ride and use my Fastpass later in the day. I like to ride it at least twice because no two safaris are ever the same - the animals make sure of that! :wink:

Ok here is my strategy for AK…Go counter clockwise over to the EE and get FP. Then hustle over to KS. KS is usually a 20 to 40 minute wait (unless you are in a busy season). Once off KS work your way back to EE. Hit any attraction as you head back then walk on EE. If you time everything right you should be able get FP of KRR on the way back to EE if it is busy and then hit it after EE.

If you are going in a down season you can do most all of the AK in about 4 hours without FP.

I was able to walk straight on when I went during the parade. And the best part is that I got back to my family before the parade even ended in time to see Mickey and the gang a few other floats.

Our AK strategy is be there early for rope drop, head straight to the Safari. We have always been on either the first or second jeep going out. Then go to EE walk on probably and then over to Dinoland where it is usually still pretty empty for a walk on ride of Dinosaur. 3 walk on rides in under an hour! Now if it is summer you won’t get that lucky but that is the only time we’ve ever not had it work for us.

[QUOTE=tigger;1087525]Ok here is my strategy for AK…Go counter clockwise over to the EE and get FP. Then hustle over to KS. KS is usually a 20 to 40 minute wait (unless you are in a busy season). Once off KS work your way back to EE. Hit any attraction as you head back then walk on EE. If you time everything right you should be able get FP of KRR on the way back to EE if it is busy and then hit it after EE.

If you are going in a down season you can do most all of the AK in about 4 hours without FP.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I do, too. If I’m there during EMH or right at rope drop, I’ll walk to EE first and FP, then ride, then I’ll go to KS.

You are BRILLIANT!

:mickey: