Kim Possible WS Adventure

Has anyone done the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure?

I said something about it in passing this afternoon and both my son and husband said it sounded like fun. I know nothing about Kim Possible, would it still be fun?

Yes! It’s a lot of fun. Better to do during low crowds, since you “bump” into others working on the same mission. My DDs love it! I think I posted about it in one of my TRs. I think others have tried it too.

Do you think we need to be Kim P fans to know what’s going on?

Well you need to know a little of the back story. Kim is a “regular” high school girl (popular/cheerleader, etc) but under all that she is a secret agent (think Wonder Women but younger! :laugh:)

You are give a kimmunicator like she has, and this is how she talks to central control. (It’s a verizon cell phone) The phone gives you prompts, like in England "Go to the tea garden and follow the path until you see the beautiful butterflies, when you get there press 3 - when you do these things, there is another message waiting for you, etc. etc.

I think it’s GREAT, because it takes you to places inside Epcot you might not get too. You do it all at your OWN pace so there is no rushing around. The phone will send you to another country when you are done, but if it’s all the way across “the world” there are kiosks set up that you can go to to be reset to the country of your choosing!

Kids love it. My girls know Kim and the names of all her peeps and villans, but I didn’t and I caught on quickly. My Dad did too. Since we visit often we only do one or two missions at a time and save the rest for next visit.

Last time we were there, Canada was the only country that did not have a mission. That might have changed now?

It’s fun, it that campy Disney way! OH, and you can go to the Disney site and there is a Kim Possible section if you wanna check her out. :happy:

Here is the link: Kim Possible - Disney Channel

You’ll love it and you don’t really have to know a lot about Kim Possible to play. Our kids are just starting to get into Kim Possible, so we don’t know a lot about her, but we found the game a lot of fun. Even us adults enjoyed it. It reminded us of the Amazing Race.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;979134]Well you need to know a little of the back story. Kim is a “regular” high school girl (popular/cheerleader, etc) but under all that she is a secret agent (think Wonder Women but younger! :laugh:)

You are give a kimmunicator like she has, and this is how she talks to central control. (It’s a verizon cell phone) The phone gives you prompts, like in England "Go to the tea garden and follow the path until you see the beautiful butterflies, when you get there press 3 - when you do these things, there is another message waiting for you, etc. etc.

I think it’s GREAT, because it takes you to places inside Epcot you might not get too. You do it all at your OWN pace so there is no rushing around. The phone will send you to another country when you are done, but if it’s all the way across “the world” there are kiosks set up that you can go to to be reset to the country of your choosing!

Kids love it. My girls know Kim and the names of all her peeps and villans, but I didn’t and I caught on quickly. My Dad did too. Since we visit often we only do one or two missions at a time and save the rest for next visit.

Last time we were there, Canada was the only country that did not have a mission. That might have changed now?

It’s fun, it that campy Disney way! OH, and you can go to the Disney site and there is a Kim Possible section if you wanna check her out. :happy:

Here is the link: Kim Possible - Disney Channel[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link and all the information. :heart:

Ok, I love the Amazing Race, never miss it so I think we’ll give this a try.

I’ve got 6 days to Tivo a little Kim Possible.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;979140]Ok, I love the Amazing Race, never miss it so I think we’ll give this a try.

I’ve got 6 days to Tivo a little Kim Possible.[/QUOTE]

You’re going to Hilton Head in 6 days or Disney?

:laugh: We’re going to WDW in 6 days. It’s a surprise trip for our son so my countdown is wrong. I changed the date so I would know when I hit 90 days out and didn’t delete it. Nate reads over my shoulder so I didn’t want a WDW countdown, if he noticed this I could play it off as a mistake since we already went to Hilton Head this summer.

My DD wanted to do the Kim possible thing as well but Im not too sure if we would be into it. I think it could be a tad confusing. Im eager to hear your review on it DT

WOW! So cool! Have a blast at Hilton Head! :wink:

:wink: We will.

I have been trying to decide if this is something my kids would enjoy. About how long does it take to complete it?

It took us about an hour to do. My boys 12 and 9 LOVED it and my husband did too. Me, well I sipped a frozen layered magarita under a tree and I loved that too!:laugh:

Each mission is about 15 minutes. Each country has their own mission.

I think England and Japan are the best ones, so try either of them first if you are only going to try it. You can ask at the kiosk for a particular country and they’ll set you up.

We did it four times when we were there in April. Had minimal knowledge of Kim Possible and it didn’t matter at all. The mission will take as long as you want it to. We did France, China, Norway, and Mexico. They were all fun in there own way, but I think Norway was the most fun. Our fastest one was the first one because we thought we had to move from clue to clue but learned that it’s not the case. You can stop and browse or get a bite to eat between clues so it’s really flexible. We had a blast!! Hope you do, too!

I had never considered trying the Kim Possible Adventure, but after reading about all the fun everyone had, I think we’ll have to try it out! Thanks everyone!

We hadn’t either but when I said something in passing both my guys really got interested in hearing more about it. I was really surprised because we don’t watch the show. My son has seen it a few times and has an idea of what it’s about so he’ll be able to help us figure it out.

Hmmmm . . . I am looking forward to my margarita when we hit WS! I wonder what the chances are that DH would take our kiddos and give me a moment to enjoy alone . . .:laugh:Nah-I can’t be still that long!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;979255]Each mission is about 15 minutes. Each country has their own mission.

I think England and Japan are the best ones, so try either of them first if you are only going to try it. You can ask at the kiosk for a particular country and they’ll set you up.[/QUOTE]

Very good information. I’m going to make a note on our itinerary and if the kids are only mildly interested, we can test it out this way. Thanks!