Kind of disappointing

I’ve spend a few hours looking at all the DVC studios on youtube and I have to say, I feel disappointed. The studios seem to be smaller than the moderate resort rooms, dark and dingy.
I don’t ever cook on vacation, so I am not interested in the “kitchen” arrangement but I must say, to only supply paper plates and plastic utensils is totally cheesy :huh:

Not that we spend a lot of time in the rooms, but it should be a little appealing. Going back to the refurbished rooms at POR…I think :blink:

Do what you think will make your trip better. I tend to go with what I know more often than not.

I’m not sure size wise to other resorts but part of the draw for us is location, location, location. We just love being able to walk to several parks and not worry about Disney transportation. Our last trip, we stay at BLT for several days and only went to MK and then moved to BCV and stayed another 5 days to go to Epcot and HS. (We had skipped AK, because we were mostly going for the Christmas stuff)

Before we had DVC, we stayed at the values, so it was buses, buses, and more buses. Once My DH left MK to go back to POP, I stayed to watch the parade which wasn’t starting for another 20 mins or so. So 40 mins later, I head to the bus stop and my DH is still waiting for a bus. Granted he was about 300 people ahead of me, but that’s unbelievable.

I’m thinking the same thing about a studio. We’re trying one out this April by renting points at VWL. Always been curious about DVC and figured we’d stay at one to see what it’s all about. There are only 3 of us so a studio is big enough, but technically there’s only 1 bed and the other is a pull-out couch. So that’s defiantely smaller than deluxe rooms that we typically stay at. We do have breakfast in the room each morning so having a toaster & microwave is definately a plus for us.

Our room at BLT did seemed tiny compared to the room my DD had at the poly. But still like the fact we can walk. Of course it’s mostly just my DH and I. This spring my DD and DGDs are coming so we are getting a one bedroom. Either way, they get the couch. But since we are paying the bill, we get the big bed. :laugh:

I wish that more of the DVC studios had 2 beds like at OKW. I appreciate the idea of the pullout sofa but for parties of more than 2 people, an extra bed is better. I often wish DVC would create a new category of studios with 2 beds. They could keep the sofa bed option and just have 2 different booking categories.

Also, one of ONLY things I dislike about having DVC is that I almost never stay at POR, one of my very favorite resorts anymore so I say you should go for the renovated room at POR!

I was looking at studios until I saw that they don’t have King beds. What’s the point if I can’t be as comfortable as I would be at POR? (I love me some POR!)

The studios at OKW are the best as they do have 2 beds and are a little larger. The biggest plus for us also was the toaster and microwave but we chose not to rent points for June at Kidani and booked a regular savannah room at Jambo (actually not regular we got the bunk bed room).

I can feel Dana’s exasperation with my post, lol. Sorry Dana.

I am surprised at a lot of things concerning DVC. Like I stated above, what’s with the paper plates and plastic cutlery?
Of course it’s not a deal breaker for me to rent points, but I would have to put my 2 cents in if I were in the market to buy into DVC.

Also, why do the rooms seem smaller than a moderate resort room? Not very luxurious.
At the same time, I have to admit that the larger DVC rooms look really nice.

I suppose what I am doing here is telling myself how it makes no sense for me to get a DVC membership because I would have to complain about such piddly, little things
:laugh:

This is not a flame post, just a “can we discuss this and tell Dopey where she’s going wrong?” thread

exactly. this is what I have been working on. Actually I wanted at least 2 beds. If not a king size. And the only resort that fits this criteria is the OKW.
Of course the boat to DTD is important, very important because we end up there every evening either for dinner or for an adult end to the day.

I just put in a request for OKW. Let’s see if they can find something for us. If not, guess where we’ll be staying…

What a silly thread. Doesn’t Disney let everyone stay at the Castle like we do?

One of the reasons we like DVC is not having two beds. My DH doesn’t like sitting on a bed for longer than putting on shoes. But again it’s just the two of us.

On one of our trips, our DD and DDIL spent one night with us (an early flight was cheaper) at AKV in a studio. It was rather cozy. We had the luggage stacked in the bathroom sink area. There was just no place to put 7 suitcases.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1099768]I can feel Dana’s exasperation with my post, lol. Sorry Dana.

I am surprised at a lot of things concerning DVC. Like I stated above, what’s with the paper plates and plastic cutlery?
Of course it’s not a deal breaker for me to rent points, but I would have to put my 2 cents in if I were in the market to buy into DVC.

Also, why do the rooms seem smaller than a moderate resort room? Not very luxurious.
At the same time, I have to admit that the larger DVC rooms look really nice.

I suppose what I am doing here is telling myself how it makes no sense for me to get a DVC membership because I would have to complain about such piddly, little things
:laugh:

This is not a flame post, just a “can we discuss this and tell Dopey where she’s going wrong?” thread[/QUOTE]

I’m guessing the paper plates has to do with no dishwasher, and I guess Disney figures who wants to wash dishes on vacation.

It sounds like you would be just fine at the resorts and once in awhile rent points when you want a bigger villa.

Silly boy - we know you like to go to WDW and strut around in your robe and crown up there in one of the turrets. We only want beds and silverware. :tongue:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1099775]

It sounds like you would be just fine at the resorts and once in awhile rent points when you want a bigger villa.[/QUOTE]

yes, you are correct. I am rather spoiled. don’t drink my orange juice out of coffee cups, don’t drink anything out of plastic, if I can help it and I won’t eat off paper and plastic ware, excluding the parks. I just can’t do it :laugh:

Then you would have REALLY loved the studios a few yrs ago. For a short time, disney took the real coffee mugs and glasses and replaced them with styrofoam and plastic. There was such an uproar, they went back to the mugs and glasses.

I can state, categorically, that the DVC studios are neither dark nor dingy …but they are still, basically, a hotel room. If I didn’t own DVC, I don’t think I would rent points for a studio…I’d probably rather spend the money on a room at one of the Deluxe resorts. A bedroom suite, however, is a different matter.

Someone finally crawled out from under his rock. Where ya been Boss?

If it’s just DH and myself going a studio is fine. I don’t really care about the paper and plastic because we get the DDP. If I’m going with three or four I try and get OKW. If the whole family is going we get a two bedroom or the treehouses. But even then we never use the kitchenfor anything more than making coffee and keeping drinks cold because we take the DDP.