Ko Olina

The construction has begun on Ko Olina, and it looks like it will be fabulous. I do have one concern, however, which is that as a 100% complete NON-fan of Lilo & Stitch, I am wondering how integral they will be to the theming.

I would be a little aggravated by seeing Stitch everywhere. That’s all.

Lilo too.

(I have never stayed at Poly, so I don’t know if the place is completely tied into Stitch.)

Anyone heard how “Stichified” Ko Olina will be?

Good question. I HATE Stitch, I hope there’s very little of him there because it will be a real turn off o me.

On a happier note, I’m really looking forward to this resort. I see a wonderful trip in our future.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;945729]Good question. I HATE Stitch, I hope there’s very little of him there because it will be a real turn off o me.
[/QUOTE]

LOL… you read my mind.

I am just so excited to try this resort. There are three man-made protected coves that will allow anyone to enjoy the marine life without being tossed around in open ocean. I think kids are especially going to enjoy that.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;945734]LOL… you read my mind.

I am just so excited to try this resort. There are three man-made protected coves that will allow anyone to enjoy the marine life without being tossed around in open ocean. I think kids are especially going to enjoy that.[/QUOTE]

That sounds great.

We’ve never been to Hawaii so we are really looking forward to going in a few years. Nate will be a great age to enjoy all of it.

Hmmm. Why is this the first I’m hearing about this? I must have been in la-la land the first round of discussions about a new resort. Sounds like fun, but I agree that they should temper the theming a little. I mean it’s Hawaii. How much theming do you need?

It does look amazing!

I love Lilo and Stitch - especially Lilo. She has such spunk! Disney has overdone Stitch and that horrible attraction at MK has got to go.

Exactly! I was completley overwhelmed by how hard they were pushing the characters when the movie came out, and how that push never seemed to subside!

In addition to the ride (which I found to be really dumb and even the little kids didn’t seem to enjoy it), there was so much merchandising that it actually became a bummer to me.

If I flew all the way to Hawaii to enjoy that lovely beauty, but instead had to stare at Stitch curtains in my room and Lilo tablecloths at the restaurant, and the beach activities all had Lilo/Stitch themed names, I would not be a happy camper.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;945763]Exactly! I was completley overwhelmed by how hard they were pushing the characters when the movie came out, and how that push never seemed to subside!

In addition to the ride (which I found to be really dumb and even the little kids didn’t seem to enjoy it), there was so much merchandising that it actually became a bummer to me.

If I flew all the way to Hawaii to enjoy that lovely beauty, but instead had to stare at Stitch curtains in my room and Lilo tablecloths at the restaurant, and the beach activities all had Lilo/Stitch themed names, I would not be a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

I agree. And honestly, I don’t think I’d even want to stay there if I were in Hawaii. I like to keep my vacations separate. WDW is wonderful, but I don’t need Disney on every vacation I take.

Well said, Llama!

Well…even though I like both Stitch and Lilo…I won’t take offense:laugh: Anyway…I can’t wait for the Ko Olina resort!! It will combine two of my favorite places…Disney and Hawaii:lilo:

We have both visited and stayed at the Poly and they really don’t over do the Lilo and Stitch thing. They have a figurine, made of chocolate in Kona Cafe and then a surf board in the lobby…maybe a few figurines around the boutiques, but I don’t remember much, if any, more than that. Of course the character breakfast features them, but you don’t have to go:happy: For the most part the rest of the resort is Lilo and Stitch free…