Kona cafe question

Which do you prefer and why…Kona cafe for breakfast or dinner? Thanks!

We’ve only done the Kona for Breakfast and it was great

That is a tough one. We have been to both. It really depends on what you order. For breakfast the pancakes were awsome and for dinner (I don’t know remeber what I had) depends on what you oreder. What I got and my friend got were both great.

I’ve done all three meals there and all were good.
We keep going back for breakfast because I can order a shrimp omelet off menu as it used to be part of the breakfast menu a few years ago and the option is still available.
The last time I tried to make a reservation for dinner, I wasn’t able to work it into our schedule.

We just had dinner there, and I must say the scallops and shrimp were phenomenal. Really, they were perfectly cooked and seasoned. There was some fun sushi available, and the Lapu Lapus were excellent, as always.

I forgot they were experimenting with making the morning coffee bar a sushi bar in the evening.
They need an expanded menu!
Sushi in WDW is best enjoyed at Tokyo Dining. I swear the salmon melts in your mouth.

we had breakfast there and the pineapple pancakes with butter nut butter was out of this world…till this day i still dream of them.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;938287]I forgot they were experimenting with making the morning coffee bar a sushi bar in the evening.
They need an expanded menu!
Sushi in WDW is best enjoyed at Tokyo Dining. I swear the salmon melts in your mouth.[/QUOTE]

I love sushi!
Is Tokyo Dining in the same spot as the sushi bar that had its entrance by the maitre d’ stand in the old Teppanyaki lobby?

Tokyo Dining is now a much larger area than the old sushi bar.
TD is the entire glass walled dining room now plus some interior space.

Teppan Edo is a series of 4 or 5 4 grill/8 seat dining rooms.
I hope that explains the new floor plan in the middle of the dining space. They now have a shared check in/waiting area.

I love the Tonga Toast for breakfast. The steak was excellent for dinner. But I really love their desserts!!!

I do the breakfast for the Tonga Toast and their smoothies.

I have never tried the dinner.

IMO-- Both are excellent!!!

Tonga Toast in the AM and the Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi (what I had when we were there) were delish!!

I really enjoyed both breakfast and dinner there. Sorry, I am no help!! Do both!!

I’ve done their dinner and it was amazing!
I’ve always wanted to do breakfast but I never have. Instead I would go down to the CS in Poly they have Tonga Toast there as well.

I’ve done both and they were equally delicious! :happy:

Both are excellent but if I had to choose one meal there it would be breakfast!I could eat breakfast there everyday of my trip if the family let me.

We are fans of both meals as well. But I think I prefer dinner, only because of the desserts! :slight_smile:

We have had all 3 meals there but we prefer to have breakfast then lunch. We were never quite happy with dinner there.

thanks everyone!!