La Nouba Questions

I have a few questions about La Nouba.

How long is the show? Is there an intermission? And do the performers look like circus clowns (I only ask because we have one person going that is afraid of clowns, and has a pretty good reason to be, but I won’t share that story :laugh:)

It is a 90 min. show. I do not remember any kind of break. Ans for the clowns,well the two that you see through out the show are pretty much clown like characters. It is one of the best shows I have ever seen. You will be amazed!!

Put it this way…I don’t like clowns, but I am planning on going to see this show again in May!

Some of the performers look enough like clowns that I would recommend sitting in Category 3 seats. (They are still excellent seats, but in categories 1 and 2, the performers often interact with the guests right between the seats!) Personally I was very glad we were sitting a little higher up. :laugh:

The show is AMAZING though, it is definitely a must-do!

The only thing resembling an intermission is directly after the first act…only about 15-20 minutes in. I remember this because we got there a few minutes late and they made us wait outside until the first act was over. :angry: I won’t make that mistake next time!!

Thank you both!

you will not be disappointed in any way. I do think cat. 3 seats is great advice.

This is a fantastic show, it’ about 90 min. When I saw it last August, I thought what in the world is this all about when it first started, as the show progressed…all I can say is WOW! What a fantastic show, you will not be dissappointed.

There are clowns, 2 men that are seen through the show and a female who looks like a clown to me (you see her in a lot of the ads). However, the show is so well done I think most adults can get past it pretty quickly.

We have never done this show and we really should- everyone who see’s it says how wonderful it is. Maybe next time.

OOh and isn’t it strange how alot of people dont like clowns- I dont like ventriliquist’s (sp) dummys- silly I know, so I can see a similarity with the clowns too!

[QUOTE=dixie;929244]We have never done this show and we really should- everyone who see’s it says how wonderful it is. Maybe next time.

OOh and isn’t it strange how alot of people dont like clowns- I dont like ventriliquist’s (sp) dummys- silly I know, so I can see a similarity with the clowns too![/QUOTE]

OK, at this point I have to tell the story. After all, he’ll never know. :laugh: My niece’s hubby is the one who is scared of clowns. He told us he doesn’t do clowns so we naturally asked why. He said his parents would punish him by making him watch the movie “It”. It’s funny, but awful. After that my brother, DNiece’s Dad, chimed in “Do you eat at McDonalds?” He responded “I can but I don’t” :laugh: He was a good sport about it since he was laughing with us.

AWWW, thats terrible. Thats not such a nice punishment. I think even he may enjoy the show. Good Luck!!

Definitely choose Catagory 3 seating. You are at the perfect level and won’t miss anything. The clowns are hysterical. Just don’t try to take any pics of the show. I made that mistake of taking pictures of the clowns and someone was in my face in a matter of seconds. It is a must see if you have the time!

:laugh: That is just horrible! (I still had to laugh though!)

You will NOT be dissapointed! Two of the characters look the most clownlike, but there are a handful of others with face paint…

Any seats are good seats! The farther away the better, I think, because so much of the action happens ABOVE the stage. You don’t want to stretch your neck looking up the whole time.

I actually forgot if there was an intermission, but I’m inclined to think there was…hm.

(Hey, being afraid of clowns is a-okay. I’m afraid of MOTHS. Doesn’t get much weirder than that!)

[QUOTE=Screever;929684]
(Hey, being afraid of clowns is a-okay. I’m afraid of MOTHS. Doesn’t get much weirder than that!)[/QUOTE]

Fish. I am completely, utterly terrified of fish. Dead, alive, frozen in the supermarket…true story. :blush:

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;929096]I have a few questions about La Nouba.

How long is the show? Is there an intermission? And do the performers look like circus clowns (I only ask because we have one person going that is afraid of clowns, and has a pretty good reason to be, but I won’t share that story :laugh:)[/QUOTE]

Ok, I finally finished our WDW 2007 photo album and came across the pics I got in trouble for taking of the clowns.

Were you taking flash pictures?? We took non-flash pictures and nobody approached us. Did I do something I wasn’t supposed to??:huh:

The dip in me forgot to turn off the flash, which is I guess the reason I got caught:pinch:

Ah. Sorry to hear that. I hope you disciplined ‘the dip’ appropriately! :laugh:
We’re going again this year and since I’m buying a new camera I’m hoping to get some better shots than last time! You had me worried.

Fish? Never heard of that one before. Do you eat Goldfish crackers? :happy: Hehe, jk.

I have ALWAYS had a fear of falling from large heights (ToT nearly made me wet myself the first time I went on it). But, after a few times of riding it, I actually like it now. I still scream like crazy, but I like it now. I’m not afraid of heights though. That seems weird to me.

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;930415]Fish? Never heard of that one before. Do you eat Goldfish crackers? :happy: Hehe, jk.

I have ALWAYS had a fear of falling from large heights (ToT nearly made me wet myself the first time I went on it). But, after a few times of riding it, I actually like it now. I still scream like crazy, but I like it now. I’m not afraid of heights though. That seems weird to me.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Yes, there are plenty of Goldfish crackers consumed in this house!

It’s an unfortunate fear for me to have because I have always been fascinated by marine mammals and plant life - yet I couldn’t even consider studying marine biology in college because of my stupid fish fear. :dry:

P.S. I am the opposite of you - afraid of heights, but I LOVE anything to do with falling from heights! (ToT is my favorite ride!) :laugh: I think we’ve got our fears mixed up!