Last minute decision for a nice hotel?

Hey all!

My gang is going down to Disney in a short while. I was considering showing up a day earlier than originally planned. [I]Can’t get enough DL! [/I]:blush:

It looks like I cannot get another night at the Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Resort as I had hoped, so I need to find an alternative for that extra night.

Any recommendations for a local hotel that is nice, clean and priced well??? :confused:

We have been mostly staying at the resort hotels, so this is a stretch for us!

THANKS!!! :happy:

Try the Country Inns and Suites on Apopka Vineland Road. It is less than a mile from DTD, very clean, and they were very friendly when we stayed there for one night before check-in at SSR in Feb. 2010. So much so that we are staying there for 5 days when we go at the end of this month. They have choc chip cookies for the kids and disney Shuttles, and free breakfast with waffles. It is also right across from the Cracker Barrel and Joe’s Crab Shack. They also have no resort fee. We got an awesome rate for 6/30-7/5/10 (59.00 + tax per night) for a King one bedroom Suite. We always stay on Disney property, but for that price I just could not say no. Even the Values didn’t have a comparable price to that.

They have a room online right now for 79.00 + tax per night. That’s not bad as far as I’m concerned.

Well, we’re staying at the carousel inn in july and it looks really nice. Other than that the only hotel i’ve ever stayed at is the ramada maingate which is like a 8min walk. Its a nice hotel, very simple and affordable.

NICE! I will check out Country Inns and Suites… We don’t need to be super close that extra night as far as I am concerned. We’ll get plenty of the villas for the rest of the trip.

I stayed there waaaaaay back. About 1999! :blush: And it was nice then. I definitely liked how close it was!

THANKS EVERYONE! :happy:

[QUOTE=The Goof Father;1036611]NICE! I will check out Country Inns and Suites… We don’t need to be super close that extra night as far as I am concerned. We’ll get plenty of the villas for the rest of the trip.

I stayed there waaaaaay back. About 1999! :blush: And it was nice then. I definitely liked how close it was!

THANKS EVERYONE! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I’m confused! Are you staying in California or Florida? :confused:

[QUOTE=The Goof Father;1036611]NICE! I will check out Country Inns and Suites… We don’t need to be super close that extra night as far as I am concerned. We’ll get plenty of the villas for the rest of the trip.

THANKS EVERYONE! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah… Country Inn and Suites is WDW. I’m thinking that might be a long walk to the Disneyland gates.

I’ve stayed at Carousel- basic and fine, nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either. Really, all of those hotels right there on Harbor across the street from DL are all pretty much “fine”. They’re not “not nice”, but they’re not resort hotels, for the most part.

The Marriott is nice, but I don’t know about price.

Well, for that one day, you could do what we did. Park at DTD and then head for the parks. If you do not want to hop to a resort to get to DTD, then take the walking path to Congress Park at SSR and then take a bus to the park of your choice. We never had a problem doing this. We are DVC members and it seemed to be the easiest way.

I am so sorry Goof father. MY information was incorrect. I did not realize that you were staying in CA. I assumed you were staying at WDW. Sorry. But I’ll bet you can still find a good rate at a Country Inns an Suites.