Last minute questions for my Friends!

Hi-
it’s been so long that we stayed on property that I have questions :mickey:

Are the pools heated in December at All Star Movies?

I looked at our pictures from last Dec (3-9) and we had sweatshirts on 3 of the nights… the weather for next week is 70’sin the day and 58-64 at night.
(I am always hot so I can’t tell…) but can you swim in 70 something degree weather???

I just had a breast biopsy which came back benign (thank GOD!) but I had a major set back in my plans— luckily the ADRs were made months ago— but I have nothing packed or planned out and we leave Saturday morning.

I just thought about the pool situation this morning!

thanks friends!

any tips for a first time ASMovie stayer? We are renting a car— I do know that much!

thanks,
Theresa

We stayed at music last week and we could see the steam coming off of the pools in the mornings and at night. As for the weather the coldest it got was about 45 and the high when we left was 75.

I sugguest you bring a couple of sweatshirts and maybe a light jacket. We were fine doing this.

Have fun on your trip.

The pools are heated. My son swam on Christmas eve last year, the air was cool but he said the water was fine (my DH didn’t exactly agree but he lived).

HI Emmy! i have no info - just wanted to say hi -and i’m glad your tests were benign!! have a great trip!!

Thanks! So much! When these “other” things take over, I get so caught up I forget to stay tuned here… and then i have to play catch up!

I miss you guys when i don’t read daily!!!

But thanks— if they are heated— we’re in!

Oh Em me too, no info I am afraid, but so glad your tests came out well and I do hope you have an amazing trip (so envious!!)

we were supposed to finish our basement---- made a family promise to NOT go in 2008. We THEN decided to go over new year’s… since we have off the week in between christmas and new year… BUT then we got that code for free dining so we switched everything around… 69 a night WITH free dining— Heck, we busted out the remainder of the funds for the basement- upgraded to the deluxe dining and we’re doing it! i will ALWAYS have debt---- i just know it! This year has been very good to us with Bob’s health improving- the boys doing well… this lump is no big deal now---- we will totally LOVE this get away!

Oh- then I come home and freak because there will be 4 days til Christmas – but it’s HAPPY Stress - right!

Does this mean you will be there on the 21st? We’re trying to get a meet and greet together . . . would love to say HI! :happy:

ASMovies is great . . . I was told the pools are heated to 84 degrees! It has been chilly, but the days are up and down, so bring layers. If you are driving to the parks, it is closest to AK . . . but all the other parks are EASY. You can ask for a driving map at check in.

They will also give you a parking pass that gets you into park parking for “Free!”

I’m glad you are OK . . . have a magical trip! :wub:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;912615]Does this mean you will be there on the 21st? We’re trying to get a meet and greet together . . . would love to say HI! :happy:

ASMovies is great . . . I was told the pools are heated to 84 degrees! It has been chilly, but the days are up and down, so bring layers. If you are driving to the parks, it is closest to AK . . . but all the other parks are EASY. You can ask for a driving map at check in.

They will also give you a parking pass that gets you into park parking for “Free!”

I’m glad you are OK . . . have a magical trip! :wub:[/QUOTE]

Hi- No… we leave the 20th! That would have been wonderful!!!

You almost feel like you know more people here than the people we SEE everyday!!!

Thank you for the well wishes! I have worried enough in the past 72 hours to last me another 2 lifetimes!

This trip is on perfect timing!!!

thanks again!

I have been wondering the same thing as I’m leaving the day after christmas and have nothing packed as well. Congrats on the great test results

[QUOTE=Emerson613;912647]Hi- No… we leave the 20th! That would have been wonderful!!!

You almost feel like you know more people here than the people we SEE everyday!!!

Thank you for the well wishes! I have worried enough in the past 72 hours to last me another 2 lifetimes!

This trip is on perfect timing!!!

thanks again![/QUOTE]

Bummer we arrive on the 20th, but not until 3pm . . . you’ll be on your way by then! OH well . . . next time!!

Enjoy!

lol I asked the same things…I ended up buying Disney princess hoodies at Wal-Mart for $5 each!!! and flip flops at Old Navy…

talk about not knowing!!! lol

Ooooooooo…a meet & greet would be FUN!

The All Star Movies Fantasia pool was pretty cold when I was thrown in on our February trip… :closedeye

It’s a very cute resort, but we didn’t spend much time there. However, I did all of my shopping at the gift shop in the resort. It had most of the park souvenirs. On theme park merchandise, it was better equipped than the GF’s gift shop.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!