Last Tour to Endor at DHS!

allears.net

Last Tour to Endor – As previously announced, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will host “The Last Tour to Endor,” an exclusive private event on August 14 from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. to celebrate the coming of a new 3-D Star Tours attraction. The after-hours party, which costs $75 per person in advance, $89 at the gate (if available), will feature live entertainment, Disney characters in their favorite Star Wars attire, a special Star Wars-themed fireworks spectacular, the “Death Star Disco,” Jedi Training Academy, Star Wars trivia challenges and more. The new, 3-D Star Wars adventure will open in May 2011. Purchase advance tickets online at starwarscelebration.com.

?Last Tour to Endor? Party During Star Wars Celebration V Lets Guests Be ?the First Among the Last? to Experience Star Tours at Disney?s Hollywood Studios Theme Park (Disney News Blog)

i aM SO BUMMED:noo::frown::frown::frown: WE CANT DO THIS… I LOVE THIS RIDE AND AM SORRY THEY ARE changing it… does anybody know what the changes are?

Form D23 announcement

"But Jay was just getting started. With the help of Darth Vader and an army of Storm Troopers, he announced that as of October 2010, Star Tours will be closing. But not to worry — Jay continued, “We’re closing Star Tours in order to create a spectacular new adventure at Disneyland. We’re going to do things with Star Tours that have never been done in any park attractions before at any theme park anywhere.” The crowd was then treated to a 3D sneak peek of the ride and wow — were people impressed! The new 3D experience will debut at the Disneyland Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2011. "

I was surprised that tickets are still available, but I don’t think I’m making “the last trip”. For starters, DW can’t get that weekend off.
There’s also a passholder event in DHS the night before (which means it would be free) which I might, maybe drive up for by myself. Then again, just driving up and back is a $70 wallet lightening.