Last Year's Discounts

Does anyone remember what kind of discounts, if any, WDW offered last October. I know the free dining plan went through Oct 4 or so but was there any other discount for the rest of the month? I can’t remember and I am trying to help a family member plan a trip for mid-October and just trying to get an idea of what kind of discounts might be available. Thanks everyone!

Karen

I went in october and the disounts were minimal ($40 a night off a moderate), but we were also under that ol silly AP program that is no longer exists… I think there will be better ones this time around. Here’s to hoping anyway.

I guess I’ll have to keep my fingers crossed! :angel:

In 2005, there were no package discounts at all. The only discount available was the AP best rate program. My guess is that it will be the same this year, October has become a popular time to go. If there is any way they can check in on the last day of value season, they will get the value season rates and qualify for any discounts available during the September value season. Last year, it was the free dining plan of course, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Thanks for the info, Mickey. I didn’t remember there being any good discounts after the free dining plan ended but wanted to be sure I hadn’t just forgotten. Oh well. October is the only time my Aunt can go so she will just have to pay full price.

I think the discounts for WDW are just going to get smaller and smaller. Almost all the resorts were full, or close to full, when we went in January. Usually it’s a very slow time of year, but more and more conventions are using WDW so there is no reason for Disney to offer discounts at anytime. I usually get great interline rates of 50% off rack rates, but those have even dried up.