Late ADR times?

Would you take an ADR for 10 minutes before the restaurant closes? I want to go to 'Ohana so much, but the only ADR I can get is at 9:50, they close at 10. I (think) DD’s would be ok with eating late, we’d eat a late lunch/snacks. The problem I see is as a former server I hated when people came in right before closing. Will we get fresh food, or just whatever is left at that point?

I am leaning more towards waiting and trying again (and again and again) for an earlier time…

I would keep trying for an earlier reservation. But since they take reservations til 10:00, maybe the servers are expecting to work to 11 - 11:30. I’ve never eaten that late when we’re there, so I’m not sure how they handle those last reservations. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

If you really have to eat there then do it, but I think I would try a walk up earlier in the evening.

I didn’t book it. I just hate the idea of eating that late and that close to closing.

I’ll keep checking and will try even while we are there and will give walk up a shot too!

You’re darned skippy I would!
Many times I’ve gotten the latest seating I could get and I’ve never been rushed as well as rarely ever been told that something I’ve wanted was unavailable at places like Flying Fish, Jiko, Narcoossee’s, or California Grill.
Just because they are not seating after such and such a time, this really means that this is the latest they can seat you and give you a proper dining experience. If your reservation is for 9:30, the restaurant fully expects they likely will still be hosting you at 11 PM.

Thanks SG! I didn’t book it (and of course it’s gone now) but am going to keep trying (and trying) and may even try to walk up on Saturday. :slight_smile:

I stopped checking for the elusive 'ohana ADR Monday. Tonight on a whim I checked one last time before we leave in a few hours & snagged an ADR for Saturday night at 8:15!! So, so excited!!

Have a safe trip.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1094826]You’re darned skippy I would!
Many times I’ve gotten the latest seating I could get and I’ve never been rushed as well as rarely ever been told that something I’ve wanted was unavailable at places like Flying Fish, Jiko, Narcoossee’s, or California Grill.
Just because they are not seating after such and such a time, this really means that this is the latest they can seat you and give you a proper dining experience. If your reservation is for 9:30, the restaurant fully expects they likely will still be hosting you at 11 PM.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

Lisa