Late arrival, last call for dinner?

Our flight doesn’t land on Florida soil until 8:35 PM. We are using Disney’s Magical Express and staying at Wilderness Lodge. What’s the latest we are likely to be able to get a seat at Whispering Canyon? I suspect that we would arrive at the resort around 9:30 PM. We are on the deluxe dining plan so eating at Roaring Forks would be a waste of a point, so we are hoping to snag a late-night sit down.
What are your thoughts about being able to get a table that late?

Hmmm - the problem is you just never can guarantee how quickly you will get to the resort. The plane may be delayed, your luggage may take longer to collect than you thought, ME might be slow. Last Fall we waited over a 1/2 hour for ME. I guess there’s no harm in making the last ADR of the night - if you make it in time, great, if not…oh well…

I agree with Llama—it’s hard to tell how long it will take to get from the airport to the resorts. I would have a backup plan.

Most of the time ME has been pretty quick but there was one time that we waited on the bus for a flight that was late getting in—our bus was almost empty without them so I guess they felt compelled to wait or something.

Also, in years past—with our own transportation—we have run into accidents which shut down the whole freeway. You just never can tell.

I think their “last call” is 10pm. You may be able to walk up.

I realize that things don’t always go as planed. I have done ME a few times now and did run into a slow driver who loved to chit-chat with the cast members at every stop (very frustrating). The kicker was we got him on the way back to MCO too. Figure the odds? Anyway, I am assuming that if all goes as it usually does we should make the 10pm last call, thanks Dana.
Anyone ever hit ME that late? I am wondering what ME will be like. I have been on a few trips when we have arrived late but that was when we were renting a car. MCO is pretty dead at that time comparatively speaking of course, but I would think ME although less crowded, may have less buses urm… um… I mean “deluxe motor coaches” running at that time. (this may be a separate thread:confused:)

[QUOTE=Spectro is #1;1108808]I realize that things don’t always go as planed. I have done ME a few times now and did run into a slow driver who loved to chit-chat with the cast members at every stop (very frustrating). The kicker was we got him on the way back to MCO too. Figure the odds? Anyway, I am assuming that if all goes as it usually does we should make the 10pm last call, thanks Dana.
Anyone ever hit ME that late? I am wondering what ME will be like. I have been on a few trips when we have arrived late but that was when we were renting a car. MCO is pretty dead at that time comparatively speaking of course, but I would think ME although less crowded, may have less buses urm… um… I mean “deluxe motor coaches” running at that time. (this may be a separate thread:confused:)[/QUOTE]

This may sound trivial, but just relax. No point in stressing over what may or may not happen. If you’re fixated on getting to WC in time for last seating, you’ll spend your entire day rushed and frustrated. You’ll be agitated with the airlines for the delays. You’ll be agitated with ME. You’ll be frustrated with anyone you see has preventing you from reaching that destination. That frustration could turn around and effect a lot of your trip.

So I’d encourage you to just enjoy the day, go with the flow, and taken in the magic around whether or not you arrive in time or not.

There’s always pizza delivery for a last resort for food. I think they deliver till. Midnite…just a thought if you are really late. I realize your point is WC to use your plan.

I too am interested in how the ME works late at night…we may take a flight the night before because of cost. I read that after 10pm you have to get your own bags and meet the bus, but that’s the only difference.

I am thinking that late at night, there will be less people, hence no stops maybe?

[QUOTE=smallworld;1108816]I too am interested in how the ME works late at night…we may take a flight the night before because of cost. I read that after 10pm you have to get your own bags and meet the bus, but that’s the only difference.

I am thinking that late at night, there will be less people, hence no stops maybe?[/QUOTE]

We used ME once very late at night because of extreme delays with our flight. Really there wasn’t that much of a difference other than the fact that they waited for every single person to arrive from the late flights, and put more resorts on one bus. I’d say we waited on the bus about 20 minutes before heading out.

As far as food, I agree with Cavey. Having a scheduled item will stress you out more, so have a couple of options. When you get there, see how walk up is. If that doesn’t work, then maybe consider heading over to DTD. I believe a number of restaurants take DDP, don’t they? And, they are open much later.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1108811]This may sound trivial, but just relax. No point in stressing over what may or may not happen. If you’re fixated on getting to WC in time for last seating, you’ll spend your entire day rushed and frustrated. You’ll be agitated with the airlines for the delays. You’ll be agitated with ME. You’ll be frustrated with anyone you see has preventing you from reaching that destination. That frustration could turn around and effect a lot of your trip.

So I’d encourage you to just enjoy the day, go with the flow, and taken in the magic around whether or not you arrive in time or not.[/QUOTE]

Though it absolutely KILLS me to agree with Cavey:pinch: - he’s right.

We’ve used the ME several times late. I usually allow about 1 1/2 hours from the time the plane lands till when we get to the hotel and that’s usually about what it takes.

I would just use a snack credit or pay for counter service OOP. That way you can maybe use that extra credit and eat at a signature restaurant!

Good to know the late arrival with ME worked well—We may do that to save money on airfare…

We’ve used ME several times and each time it’s a little different than the last. However, they all average about 90 minutes from touching down to getting to our resort. Our quickest trip had only 2 resorts on our bus but that is not typical. We usually have 4 resorts on bus and wait about 15 minutes pulling out once we load the bus.

That’s what our issue is. The early Saturday flight was way too much money and the next following flight was too late I would’ve lost another day. If we were to return that following Saturday, the flight left very early, again resulting in the loss of the day. By leaving Friday night we don’t necessarily gain a day because we’re leaving late but we don’t lose Saturday and the flight coming home the following Friday is very late essentially gaining us an extra day.

This will be my contingency plan.

I think people are misunderstanding me. I am not stressing about this I simply am trying to figure out whether I should eat at the airport before I leave which I’m not crazy about or if there’s a possibility I could get a sitdown which in case I would wait. So now that I know I can most likely get a sitdown (depending on Magical Express) I will scrap the whole eating at the airport idea and use the snack credit/counter service out-of-pocket plan as my backup. If somebody had said there’s no way you’re getting a sitdown, than I would probably just eat at the airport.
Thanks for the help

See, it’s not that bad of an experience. Try it a few more times, and you’ll discover life’s just easier when you have me do your thinking for you. :wub: