Laugh Floor to come to TL in 2011

Once Captain Eo finishes its run by 2010 WDI has plans to completely gut and re-make the Magic Eye Theatre in Tomorrowland and install a newer version of the “Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor” attraction that is currently at WDW’s Magic Kingdom Park, WDI had plans to tweak and re-do the show a bit for DLR and as of now, its debut is to coincide with the opening of the newly re-worked Star Tours II in 2011. Pretty interesting stuff, at least the tired “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience” will not be returning, thank goodness.

I love the Laugh Floor in WDW! It’s a great addition to DL.

I don’t know if I would want the attraction at TL. It does not seem futuristic enough to be in TL. My sis said the Stitch Great Escape would be better; I kind of Agree.

No more HISTA?!?

HALLELUJAH. It was desperately in need of replacement. And while the other Monsters, Inc. attraction is over in DCA, I think this’ll be a good use for this venue. The Laugh Floor will be completely new to West Coast Disneygoers who haven’t made the trip to Orlando, and this theater can accommodate good-sized crowds.

OMG, I’m sorry but this is getting ridiculous. I really get frustrated with all these copycat attractions. ToT, Soarin’, Toy Story Mania, Tough to be a Bug, they announced that the Little Mermaid ride slated for DCA will now be coming to WDW also, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Turtle Talk with Crush, Pixie Hollow, etc… there are SO many. They couldn’t think of something new and original to replace HISTA in Disneyland?

I like the Laugh Floor and it’s cool they’re updating it a bit with a slighly newer version but all the homogeneity is starting to make me nervous. I just feels like it encourages east coasters to visit Disneyland less if they can get 60% of it at WDW. Disneyland is SO special and amazing, I would like to see more original things come in when changes are made.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;992971]OMG, I’m sorry but this is getting ridiculous. I really get frustrated with all these copycat attractions. ToT, Soarin’, Toy Story Mania, Tough to be a Bug, they announced that the Little Mermaid ride slated for DCA will now be coming to WDW also, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Turtle Talk with Crush, Pixie Hollow, etc… there are SO many. They couldn’t think of something new and original to replace HISTA in Disneyland?

I like the Laugh Floor and it’s cool they’re updating it a bit with a slighly newer version but all the homogeneity is starting to make me nervous. I just feels like it encourages east coasters to visit Disneyland less if they can get 60% of it at WDW. Disneyland is SO special and amazing, I would like to see more original things come in when changes are made.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you! I at least would have liked to have seen Laugh Floor go over in DCA and replace “Muppet Vision 3-D” and at least that way it would compliment that Monsters Inc Attraction in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

But seriously, Disney…stop cloning attractions, honestly.

I dont really feel Laugh Floor is appropriate for Tomorrowland, but I do suppose anything is better than the tired HISTA. Who knows, maybe plans will change between now and then? With Disney…you never know!

Monsters, Inc? Isn’t that also kind of tired?

We need something NEW. Something futuristic. Something with VISION that does NOT have a movie tie-in!

[QUOTE=Andrea;993002]Monsters, Inc? Isn’t that also kind of tired?

We need something NEW. Something futuristic. Something with VISION that does NOT have a movie tie-in![/QUOTE]

Too Too True, I think the Suits have forgotten the Vision and Idea of Tomorrowland and the term “New and Fresh Attractions” not “Cloned and Copied”

But hey, what do I know? :wink:

Do you think they will change their minds about the Laugh Floor??? I hope so… that’s really retarted if they were’nt gonna bring in something new then they should have gotten the Stitch’s Escape from WDW. It would be perfect it’s right next to Space Mountian!

As always with the Walt Disney Company Policy: Anything is subject to change without notice.

Do you know when Captain EO will end?

I thought Disney wanted to get rid of the laugh floor in MK? Anyway, whatever there Disney :glare:

Captain EO is set to start showings in January and is planned to run through the spring season, with an ending nearing the summer season of 2010, however, as always, anything can change; IE: It may run longer than originally planned if it turns out to be very popular or it may end its run sooner than planned, but the first scenario that I listed is what is planned to happen in terms of its short second life in Disneyland Park.

It may not end up making its way into TL here at DLR, the Laugh Floor was a blue sky idea, I know the green light has been given to go ahead on a new attraction, but with 2011 being 2 years away, something better may replace it, so many things can happen between now and then. I personally hope the Laugh Floor does NOT find its way into DLR’s TL. I dont think it fits the theme at all and is just another cheap copy-attraction, one that TL would not benefit from. If anything, if Laugh Floor is brought to DLR, they should put it in Hollywood Studios over in DCA to replace Muppet Vision 3-D and have it coincide with the Monsters Inc Dark Ride in DCA, but hey, thats just me.