Laundry

DVC villas have washer and dryers in the rooms but do they have laundry detergent or do I need to bring/buy some? I really don’t want to do laundry on my vacation but I might need to.

They supply you with one one-wash box of Tide. If you use it before Trash and Towel day (in the middle of your stay), they will replace it. So basically, in a one week stay you can do two loads of laundry. Sometimes you’ll get lucky and the guest staying in the suite before you will leave their detergent and it will be overlooked; but don’t count on it. If you need more, just call housekeeping and they will bring you anothe box or two.

Thanks! I hope to only do one or two loads the entire trip.
I have a few days off when we get home so I will have time to finish all our laundry at home before I go back to work.

I love to throw a few Purex 3 in 1 sheets in when I pack, they’re easy and don’t take up any room.

I will bring some bounce with us too! Keeps the suitcase smelling fresh too! hee hee

Just a laundry based story- we always buy ours from Wal mart as obviously having a very long stay at POR, WDW and the weight of wash powder it would not be feasible to carry it from the UK.
At the end of our stay there is usually a 3/4 full box left and so I leave it in the laundry area with a note ‘free to good home’ along with all my magazines, read books, noodles and pool balls!

[QUOTE=dixie;1073385]Just a laundry based story- we always buy ours from Wal mart as obviously having a very long stay at POR, WDW and the weight of wash powder it would not be feasible to carry it from the UK.
At the end of our stay there is usually a 3/4 full box left and so I leave it in the laundry area with a note ‘free to good home’ along with all my magazines, read books, noodles and pool balls![/QUOTE]

We have done the same and we have been on the receiving end of free laundry detergent. It was a nice surprise to find an open bottle of soap when I went the the laundry room at SSR one evening. We always find a family with kids to hand our pool noodles off to at the end of our trip and have even pass a stroller off late one night. I haven’t thought about books or magazines (except on a plane that was going on after we deplaned).

You need to bring some. I use to be against doing laundry while on vacation until I did it one time because we just hung at the resort for the day. I can’t tell you how nice it was to come home and not have 20 loads of laundry to do. We don’t over-pack as much now because I do laundry once or twice during the trip. It really doesn’t take that much time either. We break mid-day, so that always a good time for me to throw a load or two in. It’s not like you hav to sit in the laundry room and wait. You can go back to the room, the pool…gift shop or get something to eat.

I have to say I do love not bringing home suitcases full of dirty laundry. If we’re in a two bedroom I always try to do as much as I can before we leave so I don’t have to do it once we get home. I throw it in on our way our the door and dry it when we get back for a short break or before we go to bed. This year we’re staying in a two bedroom for a week before Nate and I more over to Pop. My plan is to have all our clothes clean before we move over, once we move over I don’t plan to do laundry unless it’s super easy.

Believe it or not, it is super easy at any resort. I’ll do it while sara swims or plays in the arcade…maybe have an adult beverage while I wait for it…lol

I may get some done if it’s that easy. Nate will want to swim every day so I may throw some in while he swims for a couple of hours.

Because we always have a car, I pick some up with the groceries when we arrive. I always leave it too. Not only is it nice to have clean laundry to take home - it also cuts down on packing. I always only pack for one week, even if we’re staying 10 days or two weeks.

[QUOTE=dixie;1073385]Just a laundry based story- we always buy ours from Wal mart as obviously having a very long stay at POR, WDW and the weight of wash powder it would not be feasible to carry it from the UK.
At the end of our stay there is usually a 3/4 full box left and so I leave it in the laundry area with a note ‘free to good home’ along with all my magazines, read books, noodles and pool balls![/QUOTE]

I love this idea, the giving and receiving!
I might get some from GG when I order my groceries.

We are moving resorts too! I like this idea I can do the laundry the night before the move. Then I won’t have to pack as much clothes for the wee ones and I can pack more for myself. :laugh:

I use the washing machine as the hamper and each day before I leave for the park I run it. Then when we come back mid-day to use the pool I change it to the dryer. Folding gets down when the kids are in the shower and by the time we go out for the evening its all done. I find I pack very little this way!! Since it is getting done daily, you only need one pair of Pj’s per person, a few pairs of underwear, 2 or 3 basic shorts and you can get fancy with the t’s.

Love your style!! I like the organized plan. Great idea!

I actually don’t mind doing laundry while I am away. I try to rent places that have laundry. I just put in a load at night and throw it in the dryer in the morning…I run the dryer for a few when we return then fold it. If we are in a hotel room, I also do the laundry while the kids are at the pool…etc. I love that I can pack less clothes. I always purchase my own detergent as I have to use dye/perfume free. I just leave the extra for the next person.

We usually end up doing a couple of loads. It’s especially nice for those days when it rains and you get soaked or you have wet swimsuits. We always go to the laundromat before we leave and buy a couple of the small detergents so they don’t take up space in our bags.

We also throw the towels in with a dryer sheet each day to freshen them up - We bought the little tablet type laundry soap because they pack better and I brought enough for 3 loads a day. I always do my laundry before I go home so its less to unpack and wash later! Saves on a lotof the depression after you go home.

This is the big advantage to us in the DVC unit. We can pack 4 days of clothes for a 10 day stay. Every AM a load get started as we go out the door, put in the dryer when we get back, and start the process the next day. Pam and I can pack in 1 extra large softside and out the door we go when we leave.