Le Cellier Booked

Well, I messed up this one big time. :eek:

We are arriving at WDW on Sept. 1st. I went to make our ADR’s today and Le Cellier is completely booked for the first week of September. I am by no means new to this and I never had an issue with ADR’s before. I know it’s suggested to book 90 days in advance, but there’s still 75 days left and it’s booked!

How often do reservations like this open up? In the past when we haven’t been able to get a reservation, we would just show up and have a wait of no more than 20 mins.

I got Le Cellier for Sept 14 6;30 with no problem. When I called they there was a few spots open.

[QUOTE=MegaPowersPT;969135]Well, I messed up this one big time. :eek:

We are arriving at WDW on Sept. 1st. I went to make our ADR’s today and Le Cellier is completely booked for the first week of September. I am by no means new to this and I never had an issue with ADR’s before. I know it’s suggested to book 90 days in advance, but there’s still 75 days left and it’s booked!

How often do reservations like this open up? In the past when we haven’t been able to get a reservation, we would just show up and have a wait of no more than 20 mins.[/QUOTE]

Le Cellier has become very popular, people are even having trouble booking it right at 90 days out. You can try calling several times a week, maybe something will open up. You can also try showing up, you may get lucky that way. The couple of times we’ve dined there walk ups were being turned away. The CMs were telling the guests that they were booked solid for the next 3 months.

Keep giving it a try in case there are cancellations. Otherwise I would try for a walk-up!

I know when I called a few months ago, I called the moment Disney opened at exactly 90 days before I wanted the reservation, and there were already a couple of parties booked around the time I wanted at Le Cellier! :eek: I don’t know HOW they did it! I was seriously on the phone with a CM at like 30 seconds after opening!

On another site, I was just reading that Le Cellier is THE most popular theme park restaurant at WDW and THE hardest to get into…yes, even at 90 days! Coral Reef ranks #2, CRT Breakfast is #3.

I would keep trying! There are cancellations all the time. I’d call every day, a couple of times a day. I would also HIGHLY suggest arriving there at restaurant opening. Chances are, they will seat you right away! We did that last year the day after Thanksgiving…and the first day of Holidays Around the World! Needless to say, every WS restaurant was booked solid! At noon, we went over to Le Cellier to see if we could make a ressie and they said they were able to seat us right then and there. So we had an awesome lunch instead of dinner that day!

Thanks everybody, I’ll be sure to check daily.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;969142]Keep giving it a try in case there are cancellations. Otherwise I would try for a walk-up!

I know when I called a few months ago, I called the moment Disney opened at exactly 90 days before I wanted the reservation, and there were already a couple of parties booked around the time I wanted at Le Cellier! :eek: I don’t know HOW they did it! I was seriously on the phone with a CM at like 30 seconds after opening![/QUOTE]

Because all onsite guests can book 90+10. Chances are those ADRs were already booked before you called. Frustrating, I know!

Last August we went to WDW for a long weekend. As we were driving home I thought I would call reservations just for the heck of it to see if we could get Le Cellier for December. Mind you, we did not have set plans to go back for sure. I said if we could get the reservation…we ARE going. I called while in the car, and December was already booked up! I could not believe it.

About a month and half ago we booked disney for a weekend in August 2009. Immediately, I tried for Le Cellier. Totally booked for dinner. Finally, I decided to book a lunch reservation. And even with that, they had to give us two tables (5 people). They said more than likely they will be able to push the tables together. It really is ridiculous at how hard it is to get a dinner reservation there. Regardless, we have the reservation now for lunch which in the long run might be better anyway. Lunch is less expensive…free up a little cash to maybe have dessert in France…lol

[QUOTE=CaraMia;969172]Last August we went to WDW for a long weekend. As we were driving home I thought I would call reservations just for the heck of it to see if we could get Le Cellier for December. Mind you, we did not have set plans to go back for sure. I said if we could get the reservation…we ARE going. I called while in the car, and December was already booked up! I could not believe it.

About a month and half ago we booked disney for a weekend in August 2009. Immediately, I tried for Le Cellier. Totally booked for dinner. Finally, I decided to book a lunch reservation. And even with that, they had to give us two tables (5 people). They said more than likely they will be able to push the tables together. It really is ridiculous at how hard it is to get a dinner reservation there. Regardless, we have the reservation now for lunch which in the long run might be better anyway. Lunch is less expensive…free up a little cash to maybe have dessert in France…lol[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great plan!!! :happy:

I’ve never been able to get LeCellier either…is it a small restaurant with not a lot of seating or just that popular??

Never tried to book Le Cellier before, but this summer I had my TA book our dining reservations…she got us 6 pm dinner ressies for the day I suggested I would like to go there…Hooray!!! We are going in August for free dining and we are very excited that we got all the restaurants that we wanted to try on the day we wanted to go there…so, maybe using a travel agent makes the reservations easier. I don’t know this for sure, just was so easy to get our choices this summer. Can’t wait!!

[QUOTE=MegaPowersPT;969135]Well, I messed up this one big time. :eek:

How often do reservations like this open up? In the past when we haven’t been able to get a reservation, we would just show up and have a wait of no more than 20 mins.[/QUOTE]

You are trying to get ADRs at the most popular restaurant during free dining. Even if you had called at 90 days, there’s a good chance you might now have gotten ADRs. But…we have walked into LeCellier twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Keep calling and maybe you’ll luck into a cancellation, (even call after you get to the World) if not try to walk in. Good luck, hope you get it.

There are only 2 of us, so hopefully we can squeeeeeze in somehow even w/o a reservation. : )

I have tried to book Le Cellier on my past 3 trips and have never been successful so I know how you feel. However this morning I used the new online reservation system and was able to book my first visit to Le Cellier for September 24th. I am so excited.

So I completely understand how badly you want to get a reservation. Especially if it’s something you do on every trip. Just keep calling. Hopefully something will become available for you.

There is only 2 of us and we were able to get right in without a problem. I would keep trying and poss someone could cancel.

I think its kind of both, actually. I am not sure how many tables it officially has, but it is on the small side, and it is just that popular. We have had lunch and dinner there, and honestly, the lunch was just as good.

This past sunday was our 90 day window to start calling for our ADRs and Le Cellier was booked for dinner all the days that we are there… We did luck out though and got in for sunday at 345 pm… A early dinner/late lunch works for us. Im just happy that we got in, we have tried and tried so many times on our previous trips and never got in. The CM that I spoke with on the phone also told us to just keep trying to call and we might luck out and get another day/time. I also keep trying on line also just in case, hey ya never know… Good Luck… I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya! :pinch:

With the online ADR system up and running now, you can check daily (or even several times a day) to see if there is any availability. There’s bound to be a cancellation somewhere along the way. We were able to get LeCellier for our mid-Aug. trip, but I called at 7 am on my 90th day and was only able to get a dinner ADR on our last full day there.

I tried when our 90 days hit and had no luck for any of the 7 days we’ll be there.

Mega – book something else at EC, and then try to get into LC a little early. Try around 4:30. However – there are so many great places to eat at EC that you will have a great meal anyway.