Le Cellier Suggestions

What would you recommend Lil’ and I order off the Le Cellier menu? We’re on the food plan, so appetizers & dessert recommendations are wanted as well as main courses.

The cheese soup for one! OM I can still taste it…it was that good. I just got a red,red super rare steak with some kind of mashed potatoes. DD got pasta with no sauce. The bread is awesome… For dessert, I had some chocolate cake that put me into sugar shock and DD had the I think the campfire smores, if it wasn’t that it was the dirt. I cant’ remember for some reason…sorry caver.

The cheddar cheese soup is awesome, you have got to try that.

The prime rib and filet mingon is beyond belief!

Enjoy!!!

The cheese soup is great and the bread sticks are wonderful. I had steak tips and they were very, very good. It was served in a puff pastery with a sauce and some chopped up veggies–yum!

Any of the beef entree’s are great and the Asian Shrimp appetizer is a good start. The bread sticks like Dana said are really very good!

The steaks are fantastic. Like Dana said, the rarer the better. It should be just warm and pink in the center.

They usually have a steak and lobster special that’s never let us down - nothing like Nova Scotia lobster, mmm, mmm. My dh’s favourite is the filet with mushroom risotto. I had salmon with Asian noodles last time and it was wonderful! Try the pretzel breadsticks - they’re addictive. And the creme brulee with maple sugar topping. (and of course, they’ll make the kids a chocolate “moose”)

You have got to have the cheese soup, It is the best! And as it has already been said the bread sticks are out of this world! My DD had Prince Edward Island Mussels and she said they were the best she had ever had! I had the Filet Mignon with a BBQ sauce and the was great too!
For desert I had Maple Creme Brulee it was perfect! My DH had a cheese selection and both my DD’s had Campfire S’mores and loved every bit!

oooooooh I LOVE this thread! All of ‘my’ food sounds great, I can’t wait to taste all of these meals :smile:

oooooooh I LOVE this thread! All of ‘my’ food sounds great, I can’t wait to taste all of these meals :smile:

I had the filet w/sauteed mushrooms…excellent! We weren’t impressed with the “cheese sampler platter” (it’s offered as an appetizer and a dessert) but the soup and bread sticks (as stated above) are wonderful!

I always get the Cheddar cheese soup. For my main course I like the Le Cellier mushroom filet mignon with an ice cold Labatt Blue. For dessert, nothing beats the maple creme brulee. MMM… so hungry now! :happy:

I can’t remember what we ate there last year but I know it was all delicious. I agree about the cheese sampler for an appy, I didn’t care for it too much. I know we got a second helping on the breadsticks. OK, this thread is getting me hungry.

I haven’t been there yet, but when I first joined DC, I read about the cheese soup there and have been dying to try it ever since. That is what I am getting for sure. Obviously, a steak, and for dessert, I think the creme brulee sounds yummy!!!

I got it! I know the perfect thing for you to order.

[SIZE=7]FOOD!!![/SIZE] :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry I am just in one of those moods. :tongue:

I had the cheddar cheese soup and it was delicious - especially with those pretzel bread sticks! My dad had the beef barley soup and said that was good as well. For an entree, I had filet mignon with some kind of au gratin potato I think. My mom had the lobster and steak special that llama mentioned and said it was delicious. Can’t remember what my dad had.

For dessert my mom and had had the homemade sorbet which was very good and my dad had some kind of cake that I think had whiskey in it - he said it was very good.

All the food being delivered to the tables around us looked just as good as what we were eating so I don’t think you can go wrong there!

I forgot about the maple creme brulee…best I’ve ever had. Actually when I think back it’s still one of the best meals I have had anywhere.

Cavey you really can’t go wrong with anything on that menu…

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP]
For dessert my mom and had had the homemade sorbet which was very good and my dad had some kind of cake that I think had whiskey in it - he said it was very good.
QUOTE]

That’s the Canadian Club cake - it’s sooo good! Chocolate cake, apricot jam and CC whiskey poured on it. :wub:

The cheddar cheese soup, absolutely. And the apple and dried cherry cobbler with ice wine syrup is amazing for dessert. I can’t ever finish it, but I get it every time.