Lead me to the light MB friends!

Hi all,
I am started to plan for my surprise Happy B-day to me FD bounceback trip I booked last year :slight_smile:

I have a huge dilemma though and need lots of opinions!

I originally booked POP for 8 nights for me and DD. Then DH wanted to come so I added him. DH does not come often and this trip will just happen to fall within a month of our 10th anniversary to so I am tempted to splurge a tiny bit. Not alot! I am just really stuck on the resort decision.

After the free upgrade last year to SSR, I am tainted. I fear I have become a resort “snob” in the making. I LOVE the Values and have always wanted to try POP. But now, I find myself trying to rationalize the extra $600 something to stay at Coronado Springs instead. Nothing about POP is appealing to me now! I only have eyes for CS, AKL (and SSR or Poly of course- both of which are WAY out of financial reach for me- I would like to eat the rest of the year!) :slight_smile:

I have 3 scenarios in mind- help me choose or give me a better one!

#1 We stay at POP as planned, use the $600 for MNSSHP and possibly Waterpark and more option. (It will be August! HOT! DH loves TL- DD hates waterparks (today) because she is almost 13 and having a phase thing-but she can suck it up for us :laugh:)

#2 Upgrade to Coronado because it looks beautiful… DH and I loved Mexico- still go to MNNSHP but plan to use the Dig Site pool intead of TL- unless it is REALLY hot most of the time.

#3 Stay at POP 6 nights and surprise DD and DH with 2 nights at AKL regular room (If I can split the reservation)- They both have said they would like to stay there -go to MNSSHP and not go to TL.

Any other scenarios? Thoughts? Opinions?

CSR is a large resort as is SS but at least at this moderate you do get some deluxe amenities because its a convention resort.

With the renovations that finished in 9/2009, you now get queen beds, LG 42" LCD tv’s, sliding doors between the room and vanity area, a spa, salon, fitness center, tanning beds, Rix Lounge dance club and much more.

Check out my site for more detailed info on the resort.

CS Rocks, As Buzz said check out his web site it has a ton of info. We have stayed at CS 3 times and have enjoyed every trip. This last trip my DW called about a week prior to ariving and requested a 1st floor room and sure enough she got it. But you have to call the resort direct and not the WDW reservation line.

I must say AKL sounds very tempting also.

Good luck on this one…

OK, first, some thoughts. Some will be popular and some will not. But I guarantee honesty.

1. Love TL, but if you are looking at a few nights at CSR or AKL, you have great pools and can probably skip TL without losing too much magic.

2. We really don’t care for CSR. Mexico theming or not, it is a convention hotel full of businesspeople and that atmposphere can be felt in the hotel. The Pepper Market has food our kids didn’t enjoy. Whole thing sort of felt like a giant La Quinta Motor Inn.

3. I vote for Option #3 which would be my perfect plan. AKL is stupendous and will be a memory you’ll never forget.

Miss Disney, Not sure the last time you dine at the PM but the menu has been revamped. It went into effect on 12/3/09. Have you stayed at the resort or just don’t like it because of the appearance? I only ask because i don’t see it listed in your signature. if la Qunitas are like CSR then I’d stay at all of them. :laugh:

Also, many resorts at WDW are convention resorts, CR, BW, Cont, GF, Y&BC and the Swan and Dolphin. I like them because they tend to make the pool and buses less crowded. I’ve seen more business folks at the Y&BC beach than CSR.

I love the values, but I love the villas too. 600.00 is a big chunk of change. I guess for me I want the most bang for my buck. So if I wanted a longer stay then I would cater my trip plans for that. If I wanted more amenities then I would cater it for that. I love AKL, but the food choices were a bit exotic for my family as a whole given the ages.

My 2 cents.

I don’t think I’d even consider TL in the scenario. I mean - it’s great - but all Disney pools are great. It’s a nice bonus if you can - but not a “must do”.

Got to admit I’m not a fan of CSR. But everyone is different. Would you consider another moderate?

I’d go with Scenario 3 - I just looked at some Savannah pictures and I’m dying to stay there.

I say go with Option #3 to me it is the best choice

3 for sure …

We are doing ASM for 5 nights in May, and wrapping up 2 more in the Grand Floridian. I told the DW that this was a combo late Valentines Day and Mother’s Day gift. We will be spending Mother’s Day at 1900 Park Fare for dinner.

#3. Also look into renting points. You never know.

Good points everyone. We are not considering other Mods for a few reasons… First, we just are not enthralled by the others and second, we really disliked our room at CBR- it was really icky… I would never be able to convince the family to try again.

If I split the reservation, for 2 days at AKL, can I keep the bounceback free dining? How does the splitting work? It is the bounceback fram last fall…anyone know the rules? Can keep the dining if I rent points? I thought I heard you could not.

We stayed a CSR in March and wasn’t a fan. Like Miss Disney said you really feel the business vibe. Lot’s of serious people walking around. :glare:

We usually stay a POR which has a “cozy” feel I didn’t get that from CSR.
I also didn’t like the food at Pepper Market, but we do love the Maya Grill.

Good luck! It’s a win, win where ever you stay, you’ll be at WDW :happy:

I’d also go with option 3…I’ve never stayed at AK. Enjoy, no matter what you decide.

If I split the reservation, for 2 days at AKL, can I keep the bounceback free dining? How does the splitting work? It is the bounceback fram last fall…anyone know the rules? Can keep the dining if I rent points? I thought I heard you could not.[/QUOTE]

You can not get free dining if you rent points. You should be able to keep it with the split stay, I would think!! Good luck on your decision!!

Man… I really opened a can of worms for myself! LOL!
I have been online all night looking at photos and prices…
AKL pool does not facinate me. Can one “pool hop” (sorry about the dirty words) to Kidani or is that a no no? Techincally it is the same resort :slight_smile:
Keep the opinions coming… I am still torn!

Option #3 all the way. Your DD will love seeing the animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge. In fact, you mentioned a regular room, but twice we had arrived there, and they upgraded us to a savannah view. My boys would wake up every morning, get their breakfast and go out on the balcony to have breakfast with the animals. It’s one of those special memories. Also, I love the pool. I’ve noticed over many threads that pools can also be very personal to each individual, as much as the resort itself (I don’t get the glory of Storm Along Bay by viewing the pictures) but AKL pool is very relaxing to me. There is pink flamingos at one end, and sometimes you can see the giraffes watching you swim.

I have stayed at CSR and don’t recomend it for a vacation. (just my opinion). I pitied the families stuck there with me and 3 thousand of my peers. I say stick with POP and do the extras like WPand more option and MNSSHP.

I have never stayed at CSR, but if you want a mod then go for it. If you see all the “suits” around you can just know how lucky you are that you are on vacation and they are not. For you I think I’d choose option 2.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1017693]Good points everyone. We are not considering other Mods for a few reasons… First, we just are not enthralled by the others and second, we really disliked our room at CBR- it was really icky… I would never be able to convince the family to try again.

If I split the reservation, for 2 days at AKL, can I keep the bounceback free dining? How does the splitting work? It is the bounceback fram last fall…anyone know the rules? Can keep the dining if I rent points? I thought I heard you could not.[/QUOTE]

You can if you book a DVC resort from Disney BUT you’ll pay a whole lot more per night than renting points.

You can’t get free dining if you rent points. But, if you price it out, chances are that you can save enough by renting points…and you upgrade to deluxe. Usually, renting get you deluxe for value price.

I priced out one rental even with the buy 4 and get 3 free promo it was as cheap to rent points and pay for the dining plan compared to rack rates. So it really depends on what you have booked for the bounce back package.

Just for quick comparison for you, 8 nights (only 1 each weekend night) points for the first two weeks in Aug looks like 100 for AK value room ($1100) to high of 198 for BLT MK view ($2178) or about $135-272 per night. Add in dining plan ($42 p/n adult & $12 p/n child) and about $1k for the three of you for 9 pay parkhoppers w/water parks for comparison. Last two weeks in Aug are little lower as some schools are back in sesson then.

That is not a bad comparison. Boy would I love to try AKL for a whole week!
Our Bounceback is 8 nights for $1600 at a value w/free regular dining (TS, CS and snack-not the QS kind) and MYW tickets- no extras.

Upgrading to CS brings us to roughly $1900 and it only goes up from there! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info so far… I have so much to think about! And now they came out with a better offer in March than the one I cancelled. So, for the extra upgrade cost, I could book another trip! LOL…Aye chi-wa-wa!