LeCellier's new menu

So I see that LeCellier is now offering an all-day menu - how very crafty of them.:glare:

I love LeCellier - it’s the one restaurant that my dh will go to without complaining - but this is just getting out-of -hand. Who wants to eat “dinner” at 11 a.m. in the morning? It’s just silly. I know they’re trying to justify the two credit thing - but c’mon! It shouldn’t be two credits to begin with!

I agree! I love Le Cellier too, but I have never considered to to be any more luxurious than some of the other restaurants at EC or on property, and I have ALWAYS wondered why the 2-credit rule applied to it.

It’s good, but not CG good… know what I mean?

WOW! $43.00 for an 8 oz. filet! Plus no more burger? Guess I’m done with one of my old favorites. Bad Disney idea?

I think LeC was so popular, Disney capitalized on it. For people who do not park hop, it is (IMHO) the best steak dinner in EPCOT.

I have not been there is many years…I like the food well enough, but I do not think it’s worth two credits.

We had a really terrific steak at Yachtsman last trip. It really was great meat, perfectly cooked. Just FYI if you ever crave beef but you don’t want to go in a park!

Agreed. We were thinking of LeC this trip, but now I’m guessing Yachtsman. I’ll have to do a menu comparision.

I think “food-wise” it is worth two credits. I think the food is some of the best at WDW. But to deemed “two credits worthy” for me it has to be a little more outstanding, atmosphere-wise. Those two things have to combine. LeCellier is too casual to rate two credits, IMO. Likewise, if a restaurant is all atmosphere and mediocre food, it doesn’t rate two credits, either.

Like you’ve never gone to Yachtsman’s and enjoyed it.:laugh:

Maybe I am just a freak, but I feel the food is just as wonderful at Chefs de France, and for only 1 point!

Dana, you should try the incredible haricots verts at CdeF. So green and yummy! LOL

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1128871]Maybe I am just a freak, but I feel the food is just as wonderful at Chefs de France, and for only 1 point!

Dana, you should try the incredible haricots verts at CdeF. So green and yummy! LOL[/QUOTE]

We used to love Chefs de France - until I took a sip of my onion soup and found a piece of plastic in it. Even that didn’t upset me too much - it was the attitude of the snotty manager trying to tell me it was a “piece of onion” that turned me off the restaurant.:glare: We’ve had some wonderful food at Chefs de France - but it’s not 2 credits worthy either.

Tell me CdeF isn’t two points! Please tell me it’s a 1-point night! :eek:

No, no - it’s one credit. Relax.:happy:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1128871]

Dana, you should try the incredible haricots verts at CdeF. So green and yummy! LOL[/QUOTE]

Not cool:blow:

I had a GREAT steak at the Turf Club. John’s favorite steak of our entire trip was had at the Grand Floridian Cafe - who would have known? He said the meat was as perfect as the seasoning and cooking…he loved it and he’s a STEAK man.

One word my friends… “Poutine”… A Canadian staple. One of the top things I miss now that I live in the states. LC makes an AWESOME poutine. Mmmmmmmm…

[QUOTE=Dana;1128925]Not cool:blow:

I had a GREAT steak at the Turf Club. John’s favorite steak of our entire trip was had at the Grand Floridian Cafe - who would have known? He said the meat was as perfect as the seasoning and cooking…he loved it and he’s a STEAK man.[/QUOTE]

Dana, do you have Fairway by you? They have beef tenderloin for $7.99, all trimmed and tied and ready to be cooked whole or sliced into filet mignon steaks.

Is this a threadjack? Sorry.

Going to see if there is a Fairway near you now…

Poutine…mmmmmm :wub: Although I feel that poutine should never be fancied up - I mean “truffle salt” and “red wine reduction”!? - no. Gravy and cheese curds. Why mess with perfection?

The worst thing that ever happened to both le Cellier and Coral Reef was the dining plan. It’s been downhill all the way ever since. CR has the most pitiful menu I’ve seen in a seafood restaurant outside Cap’n Jack’s. And lC, well, once they dropped that to one credit, forget getting an easy reservation or walk up. Now that they’ve created a monster, they’re raising the dining plan price, but they still aren’t cutting the crowds.

SG, I feel that way about each and every single restaurant since the DP has gotten underway. I know from other threads that lots of people get angry when I post this, because they feel that I am trying to take away their opportunity to enjoy nice affordable meals. But that is NOT MY ISSUE. The issue is, pure and simple, that Disney marketed its way into larger crowds with more and more and more resort rooms, and then implemented the DDP in part, I am sure, to fill those rooms. However, the plan did not include enough of an increase in dining options to handle the extraordinary increase in meals served. Hence, too much pressure on the existing restaurants, which has taken a toll on quality, and on CM morale as well!!!
I know Disney is a profit-making company. Heck, I am a shareholder because of that.
And I know that hiring more workers for additional restaurants would cost money. Obviously.
BUT… the slide in food and experience quality is seriously out of step for Disney, and it could be remedied in many, MANY ways.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1128977]SG, I feel that way about each and every single restaurant since the DP has gotten underway. I know from other threads that lots of people get angry when I post this, because they feel that I am trying to take away their opportunity to enjoy nice affordable meals. But that is NOT MY ISSUE. The issue is, pure and simple, that Disney marketed its way into larger crowds with more and more and more resort rooms, and then implemented the DDP in part, I am sure, to fill those rooms. However, the plan did not include enough of an increase in dining options to handle the extraordinary increase in meals served. Hence, too much pressure on the existing restaurants, which has taken a toll on quality, and on CM morale as well!!!
I know Disney is a profit-making company. Heck, I am a shareholder because of that.
And I know that hiring more workers for additional restaurants would cost money. Obviously.
BUT… the slide in food and experience quality is seriously out of step for Disney, and it could be remedied in many, MANY ways.[/QUOTE]

What she said.

DD2 is at the World right now with a friend. They got the DDP. Yesterday she e-mailed me and said “mom, you’re right…(actually, it’s a miracle I didn’t faint dead away right there)…the DDP isn’t worth it”.