Legit or an Email scam? Please Help

My DW received this email after receiveing and email requesting she take part in the survey. We thought it was spam or a scam because she is not registered on Disney.com.

Has anyone received anything like this or know if there is a number to call and check its authenticity?

Thanks!
Alvin

[WDW LOGO]

Dear Disney Guest,

We recently invited you to participate in an important online survey about your vacation experiences at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We value our Guests’ opinions, and we’d appreciate your help. Would you please take a survey lasting about 15 minutes, to tell us about your experience and preferences in booking your trip? If you have already completed the survey, please disregard this reminder.

To complete the survey, click here.

Please have the person most responsible for booking the vacation complete the survey prior to July 31, 2008.

If you have problems with the link above, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser’s address box.

[url=http://www.

Your opinions and feedback are very important to us, as we want our Guests to have magical experiences. Thanks in advance for your time and participation.

Best Regards,
Your friends at the Walt Disney World Resort

I think it’s OK. Disney does a lot of survey’s via e-mail. Usually you have to put in a special pin code or number when you begin. Just don’t enter any personal info like your travel dates, cc info or reservation numbers. If they ask for stuff like that just don’t do it. Usually Disney survey’s are pretty low-tech looking as well…that’s always a good hint. There is usually one question per page with a blue background and you press next. I hope this helps!

I’ve gotten surveys by mail, phone and email this month from Disney . . . I think they are feeling out their guests . . . or it’s just that time of year. Seems like there is a survey on every receipt from EVERY store I go too!

I have gotten emails like that also from them usually when when get back from vacation.

We got one last week about our recent stay at DW. We have not been to DW in 7 years, and had not been to WDW since last December. It looked o.k., but just to be safe, Tim deleted it.

Disney does send out a lot of surveys by E-mail after recent visits, and you do not have to be registered at Disney.com to get the surveys. If you were there recently, it is probably o.k.

I have had that before- I belive it is totally legit

I’ve gotten surveys like that after several of our stays.

Totally legit. We have been asked our email address by Disney’s Research crew many times while in the parks. When we get home, we have one of these surveys to complete.

Same - and I’m such a survey “nut”, I get so excited! Disney sends these out all the time.

I got that survey last year after our visit. I had taken one of their in-park surveys and given them my email address then.

Thanks everyone!!

It looks legit. You didn’t post the web link.

The cautious thing is don’t down load anything, and don’t give them any more info than a zip code (I’ve not had a WDW survey that asked for more than that.).

[QUOTE=Cavey;854859]It looks legit. You didn’t post the web link.

The cautious thing is don’t down load anything, and don’t give them any more info than a zip code (I’ve not had a WDW survey that asked for more than that.).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cavey!! I did not post the link on purpose, because (as a new member) I did not want to expose a potential scam to the group. You never want to be that guy!!

Alvin

[QUOTE=CarolinaTilt;855623]Thanks Cavey!! I did not post the link on purpose, because (as a new member) I did not want to expose a potential scam to the group. You never want to be that guy!!

Alvin[/QUOTE]

Good point, and GREAT thinking!:happy:

[QUOTE=CarolinaTilt;855623]Thanks Cavey!! I did not post the link on purpose, because (as a new member) I did not want to expose a potential scam to the group. You never want to be that guy!!

Alvin[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being so considerate of everyone here. I get that e-mail every time we visit. A few days after our return I get it. Smart of you to check it out though.