Legoland Florida

Can’t believe discussion isn’t happening on this yet. :ohmy:

Legoland theme park to open at Cypress Gardens, Florida

I know it’s not Orlando, but Legoland coming to Florida is major news. They (Merlin Entertainment) are the second biggest attractions company (next to Disney). They plan to invest heavy amounts of money into the former Cypress Gardens and make it into another destination area for Florida vistors. I can’t wait to see more developments. Come 2012, There will be many great new reasons to vacation in Florida once again.

That is good news.

Very cool, I had a great time when I visited in CA and Denmark!

I dont know what the other Brits think, but I went to one in Windsor and wasn’t impressed at all-

Where is Cypress Gardens? Is it a day trip from WDW?

It’s in Winter Park. How far from WDW, I’m not sure.

Is that where the mermaid show is?

No, that is Weeki Wachi, that is far away.

Cypress Gardens is about 45 minutes from WDW.

It’s targeted for ages 2 - 12 and their parents.

I think this is great news. Legoland was a lot of fun. We went last spring and wish we had gone sooner. Cypress Gardens is about 45 min. - 1 hour away from WDW.

sounds awesome!!! :laugh:

aww Cypress Gardens. :crying: I have good memories of that place - I got to dress up like one of their Southern Belles and wander around the park feeling pretty all day. Kind of like their version of buying a princess dress and wandering the Magic Kingdom, I guess? :laugh:

But I’m excited a Legoland is coming!! I’ve always wanted to go.

I wonder what the situation is with Lego having the big store in DTD and then opening a competition park.

Kinda like having a Disney Store at City Walk. :laugh: I dunno, Lego may like the idea of keeping their brand in the Disney goers mind. There is a Lego Imagination Center at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney and they have a Legoland close by there.

My grandson 7 yrs. is very excited about going to LegoLand in 2011.

Since we’re in 2011 now, the new park will be open soon! My younger son is a Lego master- I’m sure we’ll take a day to visit next December. here’s a link to their official website.
LEGOLAND Florida - LEGOLAND

My son lives and breathes Lego…he’s going to be 11 this summer and is dying to go to Legoland.

Florida may give it what it needs the website looks good.
I just can not get exited about legoland Windsor. The funny thing is they were going to build one in my little home town of Scarborough (UK) :laugh:

[QUOTE=jimbo;1061010]Florida may give it what it needs the website looks good.
I just can not get exited about legoland Windsor. The funny thing is they were going to build one in my little home town of Scarborough (UK) :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Hey Jimbo! Happy New Year to you and yours! I didn’t like Legoland Windsor either- we had a very dull day there and I dont think even our kids were that taken with it and they were only small at the time and huge Lego fans too.

I didn’t know that about a Scarborough Lego land- thats amazing- my mum and sister had their summer holiday there this year and just loved every minute.