Length of Stay passes are old history aren't they?

A silly question I can’t believe I don’t have a definitive answer to … :blink:

WDW doesn’t do the length of stay park passes any more do they? We are staying 13 nights, and have purchased 10 day Waterpark/hopper passes. If we wanted to actually go to one of the big 4 parks every day, to enter on the 11th, 12th, or 13th day, we would have to purchase a 10 day + a 3 day wouldn’t we ??? :pinch:

I feel a little lost… I usually have the right answer…

I think it would be cheaper for you to purchase a annual pass at that point.

That’s exactly what I was going to say! I think an AP would make economical sense for you. I don’t think length of stay passes exist anymore…except with packages? I’m unclear as to how the pkgs work these days though, so maybe I should keep my mouth shut. :pinch: :laugh:

You’re correct, length of stay passes are history. Price your options, an AP may be your best deal for that many days.

You may also find that with the waterpark option you will have more to do and won’t need more days. It is actually nice to just chill for one or two days.

That’s a good point!

We took a 7-day trip and only got 5-day passes, with the waterpark option. We felt like we had PLENTY to do. In fact, we were exhausted! I think if we had park hopper options for all of the days, we would have pushed ourselves too hard. It was awesome to do a water park and then a relaxed dinner in the evening. Those kind of days were actually my favorites! :heart:

Thanks for the hint, I will look at the AP option (just because inquiring minds want to know). It’s our first 14 day trip - I’m just so excited!

I agree with both of you, dznygrl & dancing4disney, about keeping a “down day” or two. We won’t be in the parks on arrival or the day we leave. I double checked my ADR’s and a couple of days are resort dinners so we could keep those as non park days, so we’ll likely be fine.

There are some countries outside of the US that can purchase a 14 day pass-just don’t know which countries they are!!:glare:

Undercover tourist has 14 & 21 day ultimate passes. It says that you have to be from the UK to buy them, but I would call them and ask them if you could buy them any way. Don’t know why someone from the US or Canada couldn’t buy them. I use Undercovertourist all the time and have never had a problem with their tickets. They are new, not used tickets. Hope this helps.

We are in the same boat 13 night 14 day with waterparks and more. I figure if we take the kids to a water park out for dinner, putt putt and over to the fire at the campground then we don’t need to do to the park that day. Right? Also we have MNSSHP booked so we will skip the park that day and just go at 4. But I was kinda hopping when I had booked that they would have had a length of stay ticket. I think it would make sense. Oh well. I guess there is plenty to do besides the parks, so we definatley wont be bored

And if you get the annual passes you could plan another trip for 11 months out and get two trips out of those tickets. With the price people are renting DVC points for now-a-days your second trip could be quite reasonable!

I’m trying to be fiscally responsible and insist to my DH “14 days this year - no WDW in 2010!”, but how can I argue when the you all have such good reasons to go again… and again… and again…

One of the reasons I love Mousebuzz!

Length of stay passes were discontinued in 2005 when they rolled out the “Magic Your Way” ala carte vacation plans.
As others have posted, if you’re going to be in WDW for 13 days you should consider buying annual passes for any number of reasons, including annual passholder room rate discounts.

Aren’t MYW passes good for 14 days from first use (meaning you could use the 10 days over 14-day period)?

That’s right. MYWs are only good up to 14 days after the initial use unless you get the non expire option.

Between the waterparks, Disney Quest, Downtown, the boardwalk, fort wilderness, your own pool. Mini Golf and the various resorts for dinners and sightseeing, there should be no problem planning some non-park days.

If an AP is out of the question because of your schedule to come again next year you could easily plan 3 days:

Day 1: Typhoon Lagoon, Lunch at Downtown Disney, back to the lagoon for the lazy afternoon, Dinner at an MK resort, wishes from the Beach at Poly.

Day 2: Sleep in late, Lunch and Ice Cream at the Fountain in the Dolphin Resort, do Fantasia Golf at the Swan, head back for a swim then Dinner and the campfire/movie at Fort Wilderness.

Day 3: Blizzard Beach, Lunch and sightseeing at Coronado, A cool afternoon at Disney Quest, Dinner at Cape May, an Evening at the Boardwalk and Illuminations from the Bridge.

You would never know you were not in a park, and would help keep the parks fresh if you spread the days out.

[QUOTE=bribren;977746]Between the waterparks, Disney Quest, Downtown, the boardwalk, fort wilderness, your own pool. Mini Golf and the various resorts for dinners and sightseeing, there should be no problem planning some non-park days.

If an AP is out of the question because of your schedule to come again next year you could easily plan 3 days:

Day 1: Typhoon Lagoon, Lunch at Downtown Disney, back to the lagoon for the lazy afternoon, Dinner at an MK resort, wishes from the Beach at Poly.

Day 2: Sleep in late, Lunch and Ice Cream at the Fountain in the Dolphin Resort, do Fantasia Golf at the Swan, head back for a swim then Dinner and the campfire/movie at Fort Wilderness.

Day 3: Blizzard Beach, Lunch and sightseeing at Coronado, A cool afternoon at Disney Quest, Dinner at Cape May, an Evening at the Boardwalk and Illuminations from the Bridge.

You would never know you were not in a park, and would help keep the parks fresh if you spread the days out.[/QUOTE]

These are 3 amazing days full of disney fun without steping foot into the park! I might have to use one of these days!!! Day 2 is definately my fave

The only drawback to waterparks and Disney Quest is that they are added admissions. Unless you add the waterpark option, those two days will cost over $80 per adult.
If you’re going to do waterparks or waterpark one day and DQ another, you’ll be better off adding the waterpark option for $50 total per adult.

I’ve posted more times than I can remember that watching Illuminations from outside the park is a waste. Between the inferno flames not being visible and the long video globe segments where nothing else happens, you’ll be left standing for 13 minutes to watch 5 minutes of aerial fireworks and spending the rest of the time wondering what you’re missing.

You’ll also have to plan out your transportation. Either you’re going to drive your car and park at Yacht, Beach, or Boardwalk or you’re playing with taking a bus to DHS and taking the Friendship to the Boardwalk and hoping that Friendships are still running back to DHS when you’re through at the Boardwalk or you’re taking a bus to DTD and changing which can result in as much as a 90 minute trip because you can’t get to the Epcot bus station without entering the park from the Boardwalk and you can’t enter Epcot without a ticket.

I have seen Illuminations plenty of times, so If I see the 5 minutes of fireworks so be it. Its like my kids watching DVDs in the car. I can’t see scooby doo while Im driving, but the sounds and my memory fill in the blanks. Im sure they will see Illuminations up close on their Epcot night.

Bribren, watching Illuminations from outside the park is the same as going to Niagara Falls State Park and only looking south at the Niagara River rapids and never looking at the Falls.:closedeye
Or perhaps crossing Rainbow Bridge on the east side and only looking at the gorge. (I know, that’s a picture looking east at Rainbow Bridge, but you get the point)