Leslie's Thumbs up vs. thumbs down mini TR

On a previous trip I used the thumbs up vs thumbs down format for a simple TR… here’s another one:

Who: me, DH, DS 14, DS 9
When: Dec 18th - Dec 25th
Where: BLT Magic Kingdom View 1 br

Thumbs up:

1- Drive to Fla on I-95 and I-4
yes, you read that right- thumbs up! We beat the snow by an hour and had no traffic at all.

2- BLT- Holy cow what a beautiful resort. Our MK view was amazing, and I spent HOURS looking at the castle- even from the jacuzzi tub! The pool area was great, and the splashing area was a blast.

3- Dinner at Sanaa- first time for us, and it was very good. I suggest ordering the bread service- you choose three breads and three sauces. Really yummy flavors.

4- Meeting Wish, Mickeysgirlz and Bransworld (ever so briefly) at BLT’s Top of the World Lounge. :happy: They were having a great night after Daniel’s party! (I couldn’t stay longer due to a thumbs down you will read later…)

5- Captain Cook’s at the Poly for breakfast- two words: Tonga Toast. 'nuf said.

6- Annual Pass renewal- received 15 months instead of 12. It was still expensive for three of us. (DH doesn’t get one)

7- Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness- my DH and I had a great time! With a discount it came to about $150 for the two of us. A little pricey, but the tour was 2 1/2 hours and those segways are cool. I figure I saved about $4,500 since now my DH doesn’t need to go and buy one. :ph34r:

8- The view from BLT deserves another mention :laugh:

Thumbs down to follow…

Here’s one from our balcony- I didn’t bring a tripod… next time.

[QUOTE=leslieh;1010755]On a previous trip I used the thumbs up vs thumbs down format for a simple TR… here’s another one:

Who: me, DH, DS 14, DS 9
When: Dec 18th - Dec 25th
Where: BLT Magic Kingdom View 1 br

Thumbs up:

1- Drive to Fla on I-95 and I-4
yes, you read that right- thumbs up! We beat the snow by an hour and had no traffic at all.

2- BLT- Holy cow what a beautiful resort. Our MK view was amazing, and I spent HOURS looking at the castle- even from the jacuzzi tub! The pool area was great, and the splashing area was a blast.

3- Dinner at Sanaa- first time for us, and it was very good. I suggest ordering the bread service- you choose three breads and three sauces. Really yummy flavors.

4- Meeting Wish, Mickeysgirlz and Bransworld (ever so briefly) at BLT’s Top of the World Lounge. :happy: They were having a great night after Daniel’s party! (I couldn’t stay longer due to a thumbs down you will read later…)

5- Captain Cook’s at the Poly for breakfast- two words: Tonga Toast. 'nuf said.

6- Annual Pass renewal- received 15 months instead of 12. It was still expensive for three of us. (DH doesn’t get one)

7- Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness- my DH and I had a great time! With a discount it came to about $150 for the two of us. A little pricey, but the tour was 2 1/2 hours and those segways are cool. I figure I saved about $4,500 since now my DH doesn’t need to go and buy one. :ph34r:

8- The view from BLT deserves another mention :laugh:

Thumbs down to follow…[/QUOTE]

YAY!! So glad you had a lot of ‘thumb’s up’ moments! I was so happy to meet you :biggrin:! :happy:

WOW… what a view!?!

Here’s Space Mountain from our balcony… notice SM didn’t make the thumbs up list. It was by no means a thumbs down, but I was expecting something special from the refurb. As others have mentioned, it was a very limited refurb. Regardless, it was cool being so close. :happy:

I think this view of Mickey on the Contemporary was posted before, but here he is again from our balcony- it was a great Christmas decoration!

What floor was your room on?

We were on the 9th floor- you were higher, right? I think I’ll ask for a higher floor for our trip in April!

Thanks- watching Wishes from our room was so cool!

The thumbs down list is very short, but has some surprises… including two popular restaurants :ph34r: More to come later.

We were on floor 11 (just right of ‘center’) & I think it was a perfect view. We were a good amount above ‘eye line’ view. It looks like your floor was almost at or slightly above the eye line, right? I am just trying to figure out what floors have the best views at BLT? I am starting to think floors 9 & above are the best.

Nice pics! :smile:

That is an amazing view alright. so very jealous :pirate:

What a view! Wow!

love that view!!!

Jealous too !!! What a view (sniff,sniff )
Watching Wishes from there must have been awesome. Someday I too will watch it from there … someday. :pirate:

I'm giving your TR a Thumbs Up ..... :laugh::pirate::laugh:

Was Le Cellier one of them? 'Cause I’ll never go there again. :pinch:

:laugh: patience young grasshopper , patience. I do think you might have a correct hunch. Hmmmm

:ohmy: You will have to tell me about this. I have only been there once but it is quite high on my list…

[QUOTE=WALL;1010791]Jealous too !!! What a view (sniff,sniff )
Watching Wishes from there must have been awesome. Someday I too will watch it from there … someday. :pirate:

I'm giving your TR a Thumbs Up ..... :laugh::pirate::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Well, here’s a teaser… since we were on the dining plan, we did a TS for dinner each night. These are the restaurants we dined at:

The Wave
Sanaa
Chef Mickey’s
Ohana
California grill
Le Cellier