Lessons Learned

This is a TR from our Wine and Food Festival. To set it up, there was a lot of overlapping vacations.
It was Denise & I and the 5 mini-mice who are all over 21 now. Her mum came with us. Mr brother & SiL came the Sat. before us; my niece came a day or two before us and My sister and her GF came the same day as us - only earlier(They all stayed off site w/RCI or family.

I owe a lot of thanks to some people: Richard - thanks for the point exchange; Dana thanks for the help.

Den & I (and MiL) stayed at SSR from Thursday - Sunday, then moved to BLT from Sunday to Friday. The boys and MiL checked out Monday; the girls on Wednesday.

So that should cover the basics. Lets hope my pics are ready and my beer doesn’t run out:

This trip began like so many others; everyone is too excited to sleep the night before, dragging to get going the day of our flight.
We did not have to get up at 3 a.m. this trip, but 5 still seemed like it was work. Most of the clan came home the night before so the fun really started Wednesday night.

We flew Air Tran (booked through S/West) out of Baltimore. A crowded, but smooth flight down w/no issues at all. We were greeted by Quicksilver and again had a gracious driver. Cool thing - my sister made last minute arraignments for personal reasons. Quicksilver was booked, but they fir her in when she mentioned the kudos we all hand out to them here. Any way - we were driving past her hotel and I tell the family “I think that is where Aunt Debby is staying”. The driver looks at me and asks “Who is Debby?” Long story short - he was her driver. … Small world. (pun intended)

Stopped at the supermarket, divvied up the list and had at it.

I did not take into account everyone is now over 21, and we planned to have company. I learned to stock up better.

Checked into SSR w/out a hitch. Scooter was waiting for my M-i-L. She learned to appreciate that buggy w/in 8 hours. My MiL is a very active (80?) year old. But the walking, heat and humidity took it’s toll. She fought us on getting one before the trip, but was very thankful the first night.

We scooted over to the Magic Kingdom to meet some family: My brother & his wife; my sister and her GF; my niece, her husband, son, father & M-i-L ; and my niece the Disney engineer. We were not staying together, just in WDW at the same time (as planned).

…great TR…great pictures…keep it coming…hope the beer holds out…:smile:

We ate a late lunch at Be Our Guest. In fact, we were the last to be admitted for lunch. The place was awesome. It is everything you expect from WDW from the detail to the Cast Members.

When you order they give you a tracking device so your food can be brought to which ever table you chose. DW asked a CM how they knew where we were sitting. The girl looked around, leaned in and said “Shhhh the furniture told us. There’s magic here.” TOO COOL!

We popped into Arial’s castle/attraction. Again – well done. The lines were short. I forget what else we did, I do remember – the boys cut out after lunch. They were eager to hit EPCOT. Foreseeing is why I offered to buy everyone lunch.
Photo bomb by by brother.

Did I mention the weather … Hot! Summertime hot & humid. We expected mid 80’s and we got 90’s. I learned not to trust weather.com.

We went back to the rooms to unpack, freshen up & gear up for EPCOT. Two of the girls (DDs) had a mixology seminar. We had requested and received rooms at the Grand Stand as it was close to the club house.

We learned it was better to go to the clubhouse, cut through the pool and catch the bus at the springs – the first stop. Sometimes they were full when they hit the Grandstand. However, coming home, we were first to get dropped off.

Great tr and pictures, can’t wait to read more.

We went back to the rooms to unpack, freshen up & gear up for EPCOT. Two of the girls (DDs) had a mixology seminar. We had requested and received rooms at the Grand Stand as it was close to the club house.

We learned it was better to go to the clubhouse, cut through the pool and catch the bus at the springs – the first stop. Sometimes they were full when they hit the Grandstand. However, coming home, we were first to get dropped off.

EPCOT was a HOOT! The family all met up again and jocularity ensued. What a great time. It was not too crowded; a bit, but not so bad we couldn’t get food and drink. It was a memorable evening. Truly. However, it was a long day and I learned my legs don’t rebound as quickly as they once did.

If he post pics of himself, ESPECIALLY in the YOU KNOW WHAT, well there just isn’t enought beer to forget that. :laugh:

See, I TOLD you the restraing order was still in effect. Bet when you got too close to a fountain…

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Love you TR Boss…

YAY!! I have been patiently waiting for this. I was happy to help you :slight_smile:

So nice to read a trip report! You have a terrific family!

Looking forward to more of your TR! We stayed in Grandstand in Oct. and we were first to be picked up! I wonder when that changed!

Thank you, Ma’am.

On Friday we went to the AK. It was another scorcher of a day. I had earlier learned not to over plan a trip with so many groups. So we met up as various people entered the park. Some of the gang were eager to do the Safari and were there early.
I was eager to open the Dawa bar and so waited until the appropriate hour. The timing was excellent. As various groups got off rides we met at the bar and meandered together. This was a good day for the Kali Rapids. Very good.

Someone once said “He who laughs last ……” we made it ALMOST through the ride and I stayed relatively dry. So I started to laugh as Den got drenched. And of course there was one more hosing to come; and I got it full bore.

We went home to change and then back to EPCOT. Friday was a little more crowded than I prefer and went home to relax at a decent hour.

Saturday was another marathon. And humid. I really thought we missed this, but, alas, we did not. This really took a toll on my M-i-L. She was digging the scooter at this point.

6 of us had seats at the Cheese Seminar at 10:30. WINE and cheese seminar …………… at 10:30. A.M. That would be 10:30 in the morning.

Well, I’ve started days worse.

The seminar was very informative and we enjoyed ourselves. Gliding along by noon. I learned that is not a bad way to start a day after all. We hooked up with the rest of the various parties and strolled along each stopping when they wanted and catching up later. Very fluid, very stress free.