Let the comments begin

Mickey Check to Appear in Restaurant Menus Soon I for one do not need the education,I am on vacation to enjoy myself,my question is do you think the premium mickey bar will get a check from mickey,or the dreaded turkey leg,which now has its own tee shirt,this is a path disney should not walk down,i personally think most parents understand nutrition facts but also realize they are on vacation,but on the other hand maybe the line for soft serve ice cream or dole will get shorter,then just maybe,just maybe…haha

I would hope most parents have enough commonsense to know what is nutritional and what isn’t - but there’s probaby alot that don’t. The problem is, the ones that don’t, don’t care anyway and the parents that are on top of their kids’ nutritional needs, probably don’t need help from Mickey. I agree that when you’re on vacation it’s ok to splurge a little.

Yes…I think while on vacation…fun is the option…but another comment from me…I have learned on many occasions that my idea of healthy is not necessarily what a restaurant considers healthy…so…I make my own decisions…some menu items marked healthy because they are “less” grams of fat or something…however less can mean a lot of things…and that less or low fat can be full of sugar and salt…

My point being…I don’t think it’s going to make any difference on the menus…I noticed when there in August that most CS offer apples or something instead of French fries…which is a great thing…but…I’m not sure checking menu items is really going to make any difference…the other unchecked is still available and a week or so at WDW won’t hurt anyone…:closedeye

[QUOTE=smallworld;1125013]Yes…I think while on vacation…fun is the option…but another comment from me…I have learned on many occasions that my idea of healthy is not necessarily what a restaurant considers healthy…so…I make my own decisions…some menu items marked healthy because they are “less” grams of fat or something…however less can mean a lot of things…and that less or low fat can be full of sugar and salt…

My point being…I don’t think it’s going to make any difference on the menus…I noticed when there in August that most CS offer apples or something instead of French fries…which is a great thing…but…I’m not sure checking menu items is really going to make any difference…the other unchecked is still available and a week or so at WDW won’t hurt anyone…:closedeye[/QUOTE]

I shouldn’t comment on the apple slices because I have never had them but if they are like some fast food restaraunts with a shelf life of weeks , just that fact will cause to me to ask how do they do that?its like fresh washington state apples in april,really…now if we are talking mt rainer cherries thats a whole other story,those are just great FRESH

I don’t even notice that stuff, but I don’t mind if others want to use it.

First thing that popped into my head is the confusion. Many items have the dining plan snack logo just past it, now there will be a “check” before it. Just seems like information overload, especially to people new to the whole dining concept at Disney.

its like a couple of years ago in NY city,the price board comingled with the caloric count

Just what we need - more waiting in line while people try to figure out all the logos - on top of trying to decide what they want to eat…which they could have done while waiting in line, but always wait until they’re at the cashier!!!:angry: And that’s my rant for the day.

Ok so a couple years ago we were at EPCOT and DW decided that she should be healthy and have grapes substituted for french fries. Well she was happily eating her grapes until one decided to go down early and try to choke her to death…luckly for my DW I was there to giver her the heimlich.

TRUE STORY! Eating healthy can be a hazards to your health!

(Fries have never tried to kill me…in fact I think they love me.)

I am all for healthy while I am home, but… I am some while on vacation,but… I am on vacation,so… I want to eat unheathy while I am at WDW,so,… I don’t care about calories becasue,… at WDW there is NONE!!! We all walk enough to burn our entire trip of calories, ok, not all of us, but, some of us. I try to be health consience while at home and on vacation but when I go to places like, Chef Mickey’s, Boma, Ohanna’s, Crystal Palace,etc… I want to eat!!!

I never understand how someone can wait on a line for 20 minutes, get to the front, and not know what they want. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves.

I don’t see this being an issue. If you’re interested in the information fine, if you’re not fine.

We’re on vacation, I don’t care what my family eats. I push fruits and veggies at home but I honestly don’t care what my son eats when we’re on vacation.

a growing trend,maybe instead of the mickey check,they should have signs stating please figure out what you want to order…

on that note we did the soft opening for fantasyland and when you walk in I believe gastons tavern,the menu board was so dark and the font so small you could hardly read it,seems to be a disney thing many menu boards are unreadable so maybe I won’t be concerned about the mickey check,I probably won’t see it HA HA

…my biggest in line complaint is the DP not knowing what’s covered and holding up the line trying to figure out whats covered and how much they have left for the day…I would love it if they had DP lines and non DP lines…

another reason I don’t like the dining plan…too confusing for some and a line killer for the most part…