Light weight cheap stoller

My DD will be just 2 yo when we leave for WDW. I would like to purchase a new light weight stoller for this trip but one with comfort for DD, myself (as I will be pushing her around when she is not walking) and has good storage under the seat for snacks, etc. Any suggestions??? Thanks all. :mickey:

I would look for a good USED one if it was me. T

wo reasons… (1) you can get a better stroller at a cheaper price. (2) The older strollers come with rubber tires and not plastic tires. Makes a huge difference to us.

We have a small stroller that has a small basket underneath for storage. It also has a canopy to pull up so that your DD can be in the shade. I highly recomend taking your own stroller rather than renting one at the parks.

Also, welcome to DC. I see you mastered the Countdown.

This is the one we have…we love it.

http://www.thebabyjoint.com/ShowProduct.do?id=10965&cid=10147&page=3&source=bizrate

Myself and many others here on DC have loved the MacClaren Volo for Disney. Lightweight mesh seat, large basket, easy to travel with. You can get it for $50 on Ebay (new) or at an in-store sale. I got mine at the Right Start store for $49 (on sale).

Hi,
I was confused with the stroller idea. I heard that the ones that you can rent are hard, with almost no storage and must get hot in the sun also. I was given some GREAT advice from a friend…

Check out craigslist.org
or freecycle.com

I am getting a stroller Graco Century Travel Lite Sport Stroller - $10
can you beat that deal… its supposed to have large storage (we are planning to bring a small cooler)

Just call the company to make sure that there are no recalls or issues with the stroller…

hope this helps ya…

We have a Maclaren and love it. It has all the features of the expensive umbrella strollers but less expensive. It has the sun shade, a good size basket underneath, and it reclines 3 positions. We paid I think $99 when the equivilant of the expensive brand was $160. We have brought it to disney at least 4-5 times and to the zoo a few times. It has survived heat and downpours from Wilma. Totally recommend it.

Also, the rain shield that you can buy for $15 at Babies R Us fits over it perfectly. We had ds in the stroller with the see-thru shield and he stayed bone dry.

I just got a Maclaren Quest Mod. It wasn’t cheap ($189) but I LOVE IT!!! It is my 5th stroller and I can honestly say IT IS THE BEST ONE! Sooooo unbelievably LIGHT which is so important to me! It has the single handed fold, which is awesome. It has a decent sized basket and you can push it with one hand. It also comes with it’s own custom rain cover. And it has a sunshade! THe only downside is that it doesn’t have a cup holder. But I bought the Maclaren organizer and it holds bottles of soda or water PERFECTLY!!! I haven’t taken in to WDW yet, but I am taking it to the Atlantis in 6 1/2 weeks. :cool:

This one is real handy for traveling:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=438755&itemType=PRODUCT&lGen=detail&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=85219&iProductID=438755&change=117

We have a McClaren also and I will never recommend another stroller. I dont care that I only use it for WDW. It is better than every other stroller I have ever pushed.
Got mine for $129 at Target, best money I ever spent on a stroller.

I felt like WDW was price gouging this past winter. The stroller rental has gone up so much, and during busy times, they don’t sell the pre-paid tickets which saves some $. That being said I will never again rent- I will bring my own stroller from now on. I’m going to check out some used McClarens- they sound like they are the best!