Limsy in Disneyland!

Yes, I said Disney Land, not Disney World. :smile:

In a word, it was “SPECTACULAR.”

More to come.

:mickey:

YAY! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Oh my gosh, let me first start by saying if you have never had the chance to go away with your significant other sans children, you certainly should consider it. My dh and I had such a wonderful time. I was so worried that I would miss our boys, and that I would constantly be thinking about how much they would have liked this or that, but, honestly, I had such a ball, those boys were but a blip on my mind. Heehee!!

I also have to say the trip would not have been any where near as successful as it was if I did not have all the wonderful help and advice from Peppy and Andrea in tow. Their expertise and tips truly guided us through our journey.

The bad news: it was cold, wet and rainy.

The good news: it was cold, wet and rainy!!!

Crowds were so low on Friday, we literally walked on to every ride!

Saturday was much busier, but, thankfully Friday was so incredible, the crowds on Saturday did not dampen our spirits at all.

If we did not have wedding to go to that evening, it would have been an even better weekend. (Too bad we had to go the wedding, afterall, it was the reason that brought us to California in the first place.)

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1095488]Oh my gosh, let me first start by saying if you have never had the chance to go away with your significant other sans children, you certainly should consider it. My dh and I had such a wonderful time. I was so worried that I would miss our boys, and that I would constantly be thinking about how much they would have liked this or that, but, honestly, I had such a ball, those boys were but a blip on my mind. Heehee!!

I also have to say the trip would not have been any where near as successful as it was if I did not have all the wonderful help and advice from Peppy and Andrea in tow. Their expertise and tips truly guided us through our journey.

The bad news: it was cold, wet and rainy.

The good news: it was cold, wet and rainy!!!

Crowds were so low on Friday, we literally walked on to every ride!

Saturday was much busier, but, thankfully Friday was so incredible, the crowds on Saturday did not dampen our spirits at all.

If we did not have wedding to go to that evening, it would have been an even better weekend. (Too bad we had to go the wedding, afterall, it was the reason that brought us to California in the first place.)[/QUOTE]

Yes- Californians melt in the rain! So glad you were able to walk on- that’s the BEST!

I can’t wait to get all the details!

First off, we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn.

The room was great, it was clean, the bed was comfy, and the walk to the parks was very quick, and quite nice. I was feeling a little wistful about not staying on property, but once we checked in and walked over to Downtown Disney, I was fine. I did not feel like I was “missing” any of the magic.

We ate at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, TJ was our server, and he was simply adorable. :slight_smile:

Dinner was excellent. I had the black and blue filet and dh had the medallions of beef. He also had a cup of the gumbo for an appetizer, and it was perfect. Our service was outstanding, the timing between appetizer and meal was just right, and then we split a waffle with caramelized peaches, toffee bits and I want to say ice cream but it may have been whipped cream on top. YUMMY!!! No pics though since DH thoroughly and utterly pooh-poohs any food picture taking in his presence. We ate outside, because it was balmy and warm and it was oh so much fun to people watch. Afterwards, we strolled around a bit and then headed back to the room.

Friday morning we ate breakfast at the hotel, bagels and fruit, and pretty good coffee, couldn’t sit by the pool though, as Dopey had suggested, since it was RAINING. :crying: :crying:Raining! No, no, no, I say nay nay!!! It shall not rain on my trip, my very first trip, to Disney Land!!! But, no matter how many times I said it, it did not stop raining.:dry:

Did I let this slow me down? Not a chance. Off we went. We arrived at the gates to Disneyland about 30 minutes before opening. There were 4 people in front of us. Not much of a park opening, but none the less, we were there for it. We headed straight for the Nemo subs, and we were FIRST in line!! :slight_smile: The young man that greeted us told us they were still running the start of the day safety tests, it should only be a couple of minutes before they opened. So we waited. While we waited, we chatted with the CM, and when we told him it was not only the first ride of the day, but the first ride ever at Disneyland. He told us he would be right back, and then he appeared with “First Trip” buttons for both of us! So sweet. :slight_smile:

And, then, we were the first ones onto the first sub of the day.:mickey:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1095485]Yes, I said Disney Land, not Disney World. :smile:

In a word, it was “SPECTACULAR.”

More to come.

:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Yay!!! what do you mean “more to come” ?
get out of facebook and start your work right here. I am sitting on pins and needles :dry:

oh oh, the submarines. How fun. So glad you had a grand time.

Oooh, can’t wait to hear more. I’ve never been to Disneyland.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1095496]Yay!!! what do you mean “more to come” ?
get out of facebook and start your work right here. I am sitting on pins and needles :dry:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:

I think I need to change my name. You find me no matter where I go…

hehe

Ok, after Nemo, where did we go? Really, I should say, where didn’t we go? We tried Buzz Lightyear’s Astroblasters, but we were truly stinko. We had no idea what we were doing. But we did have fun! Some more pictures from the Nemo Subs, and then Buzz.

Well, I had never been to Disneyland, and I was not sure how I was going to feel about it, but I have to tell you, I really really enjoyed it. I loved the size, and the feel of both parks. I can’t wait to go again! I know some people frown upon its size, in my opinion, its size is one of the things that makes it so appealing.:smile:

Next up Peter Pan and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. I have pictures, but not from the first ride, because I just wanted to enjoy them both once, and then take pictures on the second run. We also headed over to the Indy ride, but since I had a good feeling we would not ride this again ( Dh is a bigger weinie than I am) I took some photos. Not so great, but I did really like this ride, despite its “lameness” factor, according to some Disneyland experts I know.:ninja: Since this was my first time on the ride, it seemed perfectly lovely and Indiana Jonesesque to me.:wink:

More photos from Indy, loved this CM.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1095493]First off, we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn.

The room was great, it was clean, the bed was comfy, and the walk to the parks was very quick, and quite nice. I was feeling a little wistful about not staying on property, but once we checked in and walked over to Downtown Disney, I was fine. I did not feel like I was “missing” any of the magic.[/QUOTE]

Voldemort loved the Candy Cane Inn, and I guess for good reason. But it is close to the park, and thus almost as convenient as staying on property! :mickey:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1095493]We ate at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, TJ was our server, and he was simply adorable. :slight_smile:

Dinner was excellent. I had the black and blue filet and dh had the medallions of beef. He also had a cup of the gumbo for an appetizer, and it was perfect. Our service was outstanding, the timing between appetizer and meal was just right, and then we split a waffle with caramelized peaches, toffee bits and I want to say ice cream but it may have been whipped cream on top. YUMMY!!! No pics though since DH thoroughly and utterly pooh-poohs any food picture taking in his presence. We ate outside, because it was balmy and warm and it was oh so much fun to people watch. Afterwards, we strolled around a bit and then headed back to the room.[/QUOTE]

I am SOOOOOOO glad you enjoyed the Jazz Kitchen! The food is great and the atmosphere is normally the best second to Napa Rose. Glad you had good service as well. :smile:

Sadly, the rain does make it less than happy at times. :sad:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1095493]Did I let this slow me down? Not a chance. Off we went. We arrived at the gates to Disneyland about 30 minutes before opening. There were 4 people in front of us. Not much of a park opening, but none the less, we were there for it. We headed straight for the Nemo subs, and we were FIRST in line!! :slight_smile: The young man that greeted us told us they were still running the start of the day safety tests, it should only be a couple of minutes before they opened. So we waited. While we waited, we chatted with the CM, and when we told him it was not only the first ride of the day, but the first ride ever at Disneyland. He told us he would be right back, and then he appeared with “First Trip” buttons for both of us! So sweet. :slight_smile:

And, then, we were the first ones onto the first sub of the day.:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! The best part of rain at Disneyland is the lack of crowds! :pirate:

HUZZAH!!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your DL trip. I’m one of those who firmly believes that the smaller size of the DLR and DCA is actually an asset, lending a sense of intimacy that WDW just can’t offer. :wub:

Carry on. :flowers:

[QUOTE=Voldemort;1095510]HUZZAH!!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your DL trip. I’m one of those who firmly believes that the smaller size of the DLR and DCA is actually an asset, lending a sense of intimacy that WDW just can’t offer. :wub:

Carry on. :flowers:[/QUOTE]

That’s because there are greater numbers of targets of opportunity in a more confined space when we playz wheelchair madness! :pirate:

Yay! I’m so glad you started your report:). I’m ecstatic that you enjoyed MY parks so much. Hehe. As Andrea mentioned , we Californians melt in the rain but those of us in the know take advantage of this.

Love that you got on Nemo and had a fantastic CM to welcome you. Indy, well you know how some of us feel about the change. Still, I’m happy you enjoyed it!

OK, I’m ready for more:)

Ooh, I got a lame shout out! Wait a minute… :laugh:

This is great to read. We leave in 7 days for Disneyland without children too. My friends wonder why I would go without them!

Thanks for sharing!

Yaaaaay Disneyland TR! I’ve only been once and it was quite a while ago - I’m excited to see all your pictures!!

Uh oh, Indy was one of my favorite rides - should I be ashamed? :blush::laugh: And hmm, what is the Indy change? Was it changed from something else to Indy or was the Indy ride itself changed?

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1095602]Yaaaaay Disneyland TR! I’ve only been once and it was quite a while ago - I’m excited to see all your pictures!!

Uh oh, Indy was one of my favorite rides - should I be ashamed? :blush::laugh: And hmm, what is the Indy change? Was it changed from something else to Indy or was the Indy ride itself changed?[/QUOTE]

Well, if it was quite a while ago, Indy probably WASN’T lame. Were there flames everywhere? Because there really aren’t anymore and it’s just pathetic.

It used to be my favorite, too.