List of Disney Classic movies

Hi there,

For fun, while we are counting down to our June trip to WDW, we are planning on watching a Disney Movie each week. I have a list of some of our favorites, but am wondering if anyone has any others that would make a good edition to our pre-trip list. We’re trying to think of movies that would be most visible in the parks. Here’s what we have so far:

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Snow White
Beauty and the Beast
Cinderella
Monsters Inc.
Wall-e
Mulan
The Little Mermaid
Sleeping Beauty
Swiss Family Robinson
Lady and the Tramp
A bugs Life
Up!
Finding Nemo

Thanks!

I saw an ad for the release of Princess and the Frog available in March…that would be good to watch if the kids haven’t seen it yet. Then they’ll be familiar with the story of the newest princess.

I’d also maybe add Peter Pan or any of Tinkerbell’s new movies. Or maybe some Mickey classics.

Otherwise you’ve got a great list, and a fun idea! Enjoy!

Great Suggestions, Mickey Mom! Sheesh…I can’t believe I forgot Peter Pan!

I would add Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and my kids love the Tower of Terror movie to get them in the Disney mood.:happy:

The Haunted Mansion … w/Eddie Murphy (Very Good)

… And Jungle Book , and Dumbo.

I like the live action films as well such as …
The Apple Dumpling Gang
Escape & Return from/to Witch Mountain (The originals )
Shaggy D.A.
and of course the Pirates Trilogy:pirate:

More of my kids’ favorites!:laugh:

I would say they are my DD fav’s , but I love them just as much as she does! :pirate:

Hey … What about Mary Poppins? Gotta add that to watch.
Bednob and Broomsticks too!
We could go on and on…

Lion King and Pocahontas!!! :slight_smile: and there is a Mulan II
Oh yeah and Robin Hood and Ratatouille

Pinnochio and Enchanted! G-force was cute. And Bolt was SUPER cute!
DS favorite is CARS!!

Wow … how did that one slip by us ???

Funny story about Lion King. The DW and I were on our honeymoon at WDW in 1993 when it was in production.
We visited then “MGM” studios and they had a tour thru the artist work shops and at that time they were working on backdrops for the Lion King. Of course it just looked like a painted desert to us , so the guide said "And currently we are working on an animation set for release in 1995 called the “Lion King”.
I elbowed my wife and said jokingly…“That’ll never make it” We both laughed and went on.

ANYWHOO… the rest is history as they say!!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=WALL;1015261]Wow … how did that one slip by us ???

Funny story about Lion King. The DW and I were on our honeymoon at WDW in 1993 when it was in production.
We visited then “MGM” studios and they had a tour thru the artist work shops and at that time they were working on backdrops for the Lion King. Of course it just looked like a painted desert to us , so the guide said "And currently we are working on an animation set for release in 1995 called the “Lion King”.
I elbowed my wife and said jokingly…“That’ll never make it” We both laughed and went on.

ANYWHO… the rest is history as they say!!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

LOL I LOVE Lion King!! And the show at AK is amazing!:laugh:

You guys are great! I knew I was forgetting some major classics. For the life of me, I couldn’t remember! I’m adding them all and we may be watching more than one per weekend LOL!!

And super funny story, WALL! I’ve had that happen with movies I couldn’t get excited about until someone dragged me to it and it ended up being a favorite of mine. Mulan comes to mind. I was NOT excited to see that one, but once I did it became my favorite!!

Jennifer

[QUOTE=jen9804;1015265]You guys are great! I knew I was forgetting some major classics. For the life of me, I couldn’t remember! I’m adding them all and we may be watching more than one per weekend LOL!!

And super funny story, WALL! I’ve had that happen with movies I couldn’t get excited about until someone dragged me to it and it ended up being a favorite of mine. Mulan comes to mind. I was NOT excited to see that one, but once I did it became my favorite!!

Jennifer[/QUOTE]

You also might want to try “Walt Disney Treasures” They are more directed at behind the scenes stuff that are great. I’m a Walt Disney(the man) Fanatic. These series of DVD’s showcase him and all the neat things that he created. They have alot of the old “Wonderful World of Disney” TV show programs in them. I love’em.

WALL, Do you know if Netflix has those? I’m going to have to check into those. Are they the DVDs that have Davy Crockett on them? My son loved those shows!!

I’m not sure if Netflix carries them.
Yes… they are(Answer to Second Question). The first series of “Treasures” had it’s own DVD “Davy Crockett”
Here is the description link
Walt Disney Treasures: Wave One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me go check my kids movies, their mom was a CM and I think they have every movie Disney ever made including a copie of Song of the South. They better stop making movies or I will need a new room just for them.:laugh:

Boss Mouse does Disney;
Boss Mouse and the Mystery of the EPCOT Fountain;
Boss Mouse meets the Wolfman;
Boss Mouse meets the Bobbsie Twins;
Boss Mouse in Traction.

All classics

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1015421]Boss Mouse does Disney;
Boss Mouse and the Mystery of the EPCOT Fountain;
Boss Mouse meets the Wolfman;
Boss Mouse meets the Bobbsie Twins;
Boss Mouse in Traction.

All classics[/QUOTE]

Those were all straight to video … Right??? :laugh::pirate::laugh:
I thought there was also “Boss Mouse meets Abott & Costello” ???

The Curious case of Boss Mouse
Boss Mouse and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Finding Boss Mouse
The Boss Mouse Un-official guide to Beer
One Flew Over the Boss Mouse nest
A Boss Mouse Christmas
Hunt for Red Boss Mouse