Little Mermaid on Broadway is closing

August this listed as the last date for performances.

The Little Mermaid | New York City | Disney on Broadway

Sad to see this very family friendly production close, but looking forward to seeing what Disney has in store for the future.

Oh no I am so sad… We haven’t gotten to see it yet and I doubt we will. Can’t afford it right now.

The arts are suffering so much right now! :frown: Sad to see this go.

Wait what??!? I heard this was amazing!! I can understand Tarzan closing so soon, but really! :cry: That’s so sad, I’ll never see it.

A CM told me this when we were in Disney. :sad: Although, she DID say it was because they are going on a national tour! I believe she said starting in 2011.

Yes a national tour is in the works and auditions are being held now. The tour is slated to launch in fall 2010 and will be a great opportunity for people around the country to catch this beautiful production. My DD saw it and she said it was fantastic.

I just have to see this before it closes!!!

[QUOTE=Tinkerbelle67;973275]August this listed as the last date for performances.

The Little Mermaid | New York City | Disney on Broadway

Sad to see this very family friendly production close, but looking forward to seeing what Disney has in store for the future.[/QUOTE]

I am so glad we got to see it, we seen beauty and the beast to, omg it was awesome, and the little mermaid was just as good…
My DD 4 year old is really hoping for a Cinderella story…she thinks all the princesses have their own show :heart:

Just went to see it yesterday and the kids really loved it. The adults enjoyed it but it was no Lion King, Beauty and the Beast or Mary Poppins.

For those of you who haven’t seen Mary Poppins - it is a must for adults and kids. One of my favorite Broadway shows and we are regular goers.

[QUOTE=Pixie Mom;976083]Just went to see it yesterday and the kids really loved it. The adults enjoyed it but it was no Lion King, Beauty and the Beast or Mary Poppins.

For those of you who haven’t seen Mary Poppins - it is a must for adults and kids. One of my favorite Broadway shows and we are regular goers.[/QUOTE]

My DD#1 just went and saw Mary Poppins two weeks ago and came home saying it was an amazing production and even went so far as to say it was one of the best shows she has seen. Now I’m dying to go see it.

Only 10 days left :sad: I wish this and Aida played longer…I :heart: them both!

I just saw this in New York Last week and it was AWESOME! I went into it thinking that there would not really be anything too spectacular…boy was I wrong…the special effects were breathtaking…

WWWOOOO!!! National? Do you think they will stop by Chicago area?