Live from HHI

After a couple of days in Savannah we finally made it to Hilton Head Island. We arrived about 11:00 this morning to find our room ready. We quickly unpacked and hit the beach. We spent the whole afternoon playing in the water having a blast. After a long afternoon of sun we ordered pizza (Thanks Bella, it was yummy!) then did the camp fire at 8. We just got back and are already settled in for the night.

We are totally in love with HHI. Everything is so laid back and relaxing, it’s so different from our typical WDW vacation. The staff is wonderful, everyone is so friendly.

Today is Nate’s birthday. While we were at the beach the rec CMs left him a couple of surprises in the room.

Tomorrow is another day of fun at the beach.

It’s so wonderful to hear that someone is enjoying another trip besides WDW. It gives me hope, as I’m being forced into going to the Grand Canyon this year for vacation instead of Disney. Enjoy the beach, and everything else you will be doing!

Oh wow, how nice! Happy Birthday Nate! Enjoy your trip. :smile:

:laugh: We’re having a non-Disney vacation with a touch of Disney. There are signs of Disney all over the resort but we’re not at WDW, it’s nice.

Thanks! Nate had a great day, a perfect way to turn 11.

You are in a great place… the beach there is fabulous-for playing and for looking for creatures. I have heard that the beach and water there is so dark and unblue because of all of the sea life there. If you go out at dusk and walk the beach… You might find ghost crab- they are crabs the color of the beach. We found one there a few years ago, and were so excited. Also, go into sea pines for dinner one night, and go to Harbour Town- it is worth the $5 to get in there… Have a good trip. It is a fun place to be…

I LOVE HHI! It was so relaxing and Disney magic everywhere. I had a 2 bd villa and loved it. I don’t know what you have but IF you have a bench in the room look and see the Mickey loves Minnie carved in the wood.
I love the magic of HHI.
I didn’t know you were leaving so soon. Your countdown still says days left. Anyways, have a blast and I can’t wait to see your pics.

I’m so glad that you love HHI, we fell in love with it too when we went in 2007. I’d love to get back there soon! Can’t wait to hear more details. Happy Birthday Nate!

Woot Woot Giuseppi’s!!
I can’t wait to see your pictures…it’s going to make me miss my home!!

Sounds awesome…Bring on the pics!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!!

What a way to start the summer . . . can’t wait to see pictures! :happy:

Unbule is a good way to put it. We’re used to water that is a bit more clear but we didn’t expect clear blue water so we’re fine with it. We signed the kids up for a sea creature activity tomorrow so we’ll see what they learn about the ocean life here.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;964557]I LOVE HHI! It was so relaxing and Disney magic everywhere. I had a 2 bd villa and loved it. I don’t know what you have but IF you have a bench in the room look and see the Mickey loves Minnie carved in the wood.
I love the magic of HHI.
I didn’t know you were leaving so soon. Your countdown still says days left. Anyways, have a blast and I can’t wait to see your pics.[/QUOTE]

I played with my countdown a couple of months ago when I was waiting to make ADRs for our WDW trip that Nate doesn’t know about. I didn’t want to put WDW in it just in case he saw it and I never did change it back.

We have a two bedroom here so we have the Mickey loves Minnie bench.

We do love it. We’re with our usual travel friends and everyone fell in love as soon as we got here. The resort is beautiful, it’s so quiet and relaxing. We’re already trying to figure out how many points we need to buy so we can come back every 3 years–about 100.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;964574]Woot Woot Giuseppi’s!!
I can’t wait to see your pictures…it’s going to make me miss my home!![/QUOTE]

I was thinking about you yesterday as we drove through town getting to our resort. It’s a beautiful area, everything looks so nice.

The pizza was good, thanks for the tip. We even have so left for a snack later.

I didn’t get the camera out at all yesterday, I’m going to have to get some pictures today. We were just so excited to be here that I didn’t even think about it. I didn’t even get room pictures before everyone moved in.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;964584]HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!!

What a way to start the summer . . . can’t wait to see pictures! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Well, as soon as I remember to take some I’ll be able to post a few. I didn’t even take the camera out yesterday. It’s out now so hopefully I’ll remember to get a few today.

Glad you are having a great time Steph!

Yeah, remember to take some pics 'cause many of us have never really seen the Disney HHI resort! :smile:

I will do that because I hadn’t seen many pictures before I arrived. The guys and kids start all their golf tomorrow so I’ll have a lot more quite time once they hit the courses. I think they’re playing 3-4 times starting tomorrow so they’ll be busy all week.

We are. It’s so nice to have no real plans for a vacation. The kids and guys have tee times reserved and Nate and Lauren have some lessons booked but that’s all we planned before we got here. It’s been nice. Last night everyone was tired so we just ordered pizza to be delivered and had dinner in the room while the kids chilled.