LMM's What Happened to Global Warming? TR

Just got back from WDW with the band! We actually did not perform, this time. We had to have 75 students to march because that was the first estimate that Mr. Smith gave, but not that many people were willing or able to go on the trip. But Mr. Smith wanted his Disney trip (me, too!), so we worked together and got us student group rates with the Y.E.S. program. I picked out the physics tour because it took us on the most attractions, and we would get to ride the monorail, which we’ve never done on a Disney trip with the band before. I actually assisted alot with the planning of this trip. Mr. Smith knows that I’m a Disney freak and that I go multiple times a year, so he wanted my help in scheduling. I created the itenerary (meeting his wants and needs, of course) and helped him create his chaperone packets… I actually got volunteer hours for assisting him! :laugh: So, I was very excited for this trip and hoped that Mr. Smith would be pleased.

Now, the entire band went, but the cast for my TR includes:

Dad (didn’t like the value resort or being restricted by the group, :laugh: but he had a good time) and his boys…
Joel (Mr. Smith’s son), 14 yrs
Jacob (Joel’s twin), 14 yrs
David, 15 yrs
Baby Jacob, 12 yrs
Mom (an experienced band chaperone) and her girls
Me, 18 yrs
Helen (my bff), 17 yrs
Merrill (Mr. Smith’s daughter, Rachel’s bff), 17 yrs
Rachel (sister!), 16 yrs
And then not in our room, Blair, 16 yrs

We were a pretty fun group! :laugh:

Before the trip, I made autograph books for my room.

It was Helen’s first trip to WDW (well, she had been to MK when she was a little girl, but that was all), and I wanted her to have a magical experience. I knew she would love the autograph book. I included the band information on mine and Helen’s, but Rachel and Merrill aren’t in the band, so I just gave them a cute girly design. Merrill’s was a waste, though. I actually knew that while making it, so I used hers as the tester, and it had all of the errors. :laugh:

What happened to global warming you ask???

Look at my ‘Tink contemplates a move south’ string. The pic says it all. When the white stuff hits Beaufort global warming has been debunked.:laugh:

Sounds like a fun TR is on its way.

ohmygosh could those autograph books be any cuter?? :wub: You’re so creative!!! Can’t wait to read your TR!

We met in the band room Wednesday night at 8:30pm to go over the rules and details of the trip. Then, we loaded the buses and headed south.

This year, I knew to bring a blanket and pillow. However, I still couldn’t find a comfortable sleeping position. I finally ended up on the floor below my seat where I slept for an hour or so. Then I got back up in my seat and went back to sleep. I kept waking up every two hours in need of a new sleeping position. I really have to be flat on my back or stomach or curled up in a ball to fall asleep. I cannot sleep sitting up. And no one can sleep well on a bus.

The bus was an hour behind schedule. The driver stopped five times that night! I suppose all of the coffee made him need to pee. We arrived at McDonald’s at 7:00am. I immediately rushed for the bathroom and got myself ready for the day. Then I ate. Beauty comes first! :laugh:

Now, the weather was supposed to be in the upper 60s. At least that’s what Accuweather told us. So we packed shorts and sandals, thinking that it would be sunny and warm.

ACCUWEATHER LIED!!! It was in the 40s that morning, and it never warmed up. :angry:

Never trust the weatherman. If we all had jobs where we could be wrong with no consequences, then the world would be a lot less stressed… Looks like a fun trip, and how fabulous was this that you got to plan it!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1018145]

Just got back from WDW with the band! We actually did not perform, this time. We had to have 75 students to march because that was the first estimate that Mr. Smith gave, but not that many people were willing or able to go on the trip. But Mr. Smith wanted his Disney trip (me, too!), so we worked together and got us student group rates with the Y.E.S. program. I picked out the physics tour because it took us on the most attractions, and we would get to ride the monorail, which we’ve never done on a Disney trip with the band before. I actually assisted alot with the planning of this trip. Mr. Smith knows that I’m a Disney freak and that I go multiple times a year, so he wanted my help in scheduling. I created the itenerary (meeting his wants and needs, of course) and helped him create his chaperone packets… I actually got volunteer hours for assisting him! :laugh: So, I was very excited for this trip and hoped that Mr. Smith would be pleased.

Now, the entire band went, but the cast for my TR includes:

Dad (didn’t like the value resort or being restricted by the group, :laugh: but he had a good time) and his boys…
Joel (Mr. Smith’s son), 14 yrs
Jacob (Joel’s twin), 14 yrs
David, 15 yrs
Baby Jacob, 12 yrs
Mom (an experienced band chaperone) and her girls
Me, 18 yrs
Helen (my bff), 17 yrs
Merrill (Mr. Smith’s daughter, Rachel’s bff), 17 yrs
Rachel (sister!), 16 yrs
And then not in our room, Blair, 16 yrs

We were a pretty fun group! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I love your picture. How did you do that? Sorry you had such cold weather. We have almost 4 feet of snow in our state and getting more tomorrow and maybe Sat. I can’t wait till august. That is when we will be going. We have never had this much snow here since they starting keeping records. :angry::angry::angry:

yay another TR i can’t wait to read all about it :slight_smile:

Really cute autograph books!! Yea does anyone else hear God saying “HA, I LAUGH AT YOUR GLOBAL WARMING LIES!!!” ? Record snow amounts in Washington D.C., I’m thinking He is trying to tell someone something.

I used Photo Impact.

Bring on the TR!!!

I bet you were freezing in shorts!
Love the autograph books.

WOW, you went all out with the graphics & autograph books! Can’t wait to see the rest.

WOW, those autograph books are amazing. Yes, I am sure it was cold. Thats seems to be what this winter is bringing this year. I really cannot wait till spring and summer. I can’t wait to read more.

It’s crazy but over they weekend there was snow on the ground in all 50 states, yes even Hawaii which has a mountain top where there is generally snow year round.

The global warming side says it’s PROOF of global warming and the other side says it’s proof of weather cycles. All I know is somepeople are making a lot of money preaching global warming, and that makes me doubt their science.

And I’m glad I’m not in the DC area. I’ve shoveled enough snow for a long time this year, and I’m ready the break out the Hawaiian shirts and shorts again! COME ON SPRING!

I love all the autograph books, nice job. Bring on the rest of the report, I can’t wait.

Victoria you are so creative! Looks like you may have a future in graphic design.
I’m off from work today, unfortuantely awaiting more snow tonight, so bring on the TR please!

Those autograph books are so cool! Can’t wait to read more about your trip!

[QUOTE=jk8;1018177]I bet you were freezing in shorts!
[/QUOTE]

I was. But worse than my legs was my toes. I was the genius who decided to wear sandals to show off my pedicure (I still had my lovely French toes from the pageant!). :laugh: They went completely numb!!!

[QUOTE=PhilliesFan;1018192]Victoria you are so creative! Looks like you may have a future in graphic design.
I’m off from work today, unfortuantely awaiting more snow tonight, so bring on the TR please![/QUOTE]

Well, I’m off from school, so let’s get started!!!