Lobby Hopping Order

Ok, so I already posted about lobby hopping and how to get from lobby to lobby. Now I’d like to hear if anyone has done the lobby hopping idea. Where did you start from and where did you end up? Disney resort lobbies are the jewels of the resorts and it just seems like the thing to see. What lobby did you like and which ones “just don’t bother” going to see?:huh:

We have three "groupings of lobbies we go to visit. Depending on where we are staying we generally do the monorail resorts on one day. Then we will go to the Epcot resorts on another day. And finally the Wilderness Lodge combined with a nice boat ride to the MK on one day.

I have not been to any of the all star resorts so that will be another adventure the next time we visit.

-Harry

I would get on a monorail first and see GF, then Poly, then Contemporary… Stop for a cocktail… then hit BC/YC, followed by Boardwalk… have another cocktail… then hit the Dolphin.
Now, if you are interested in touring the grounds of some of the other hotels, I would include Riverside and FQ (walk along the river or take a boat between them), as well as SSR.
I may have left something out, but I think that would be my tour!

Our 1st day.
Pick up our ticket vouchers at Sog. Walk across the street to Poly, hop on the rail and ride to MK gates. Swap vouchers for tix. Take pics with no crowds then we’re on our way.
A list of our next stops (not necessarily in this order) for a snack for the kids and a beverage for us, usually at the QS & pool bar if open.
Contemporary
Poly
GF
AKL (drive to)
Coronado (drive to if time allows)
WL (drive to)
If we hit Boardwalk 1st day we’ll bus to those, to incl the Grotto at the Dolphin while doing the same as above. Otherwise we head to DTD for snack/beverage then hop the boat to FQ/POR then boat back to DTD and head back to Poly for a refill while watching Boat Parade & Fireworks from the beach before heading back to the room. All this is done only if we stay at SoG for a split/full stay. Either way our 1st day is always resort hopping which gives us the Disney Feel on arrival day.
The Values, Carribbean or FW are of no hopping interest to us unless we’re staying there and haven’t been to OKW or SSR…yet.

I like the following:

Animal Kingdom Lodge
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Wilderness Lodge
Polynesian
Contemporary
Swan/Dolphin
Boardwalk

You could take the monorail from the Contemporary and do all of thoseresorts. End at the ticket and transportation center and take the Epcot Monorail. Walk to the World Showcase and boat through all of those resorts. From there take the boat the the Studios. At studios take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. From the lodge take the bus to the Animal Kingdom park and then take Pop Century’s bus. Do pop and Art of Animation. From animation take the bus back to studios and take the bus to the WL. From the lodge take the boat back to the Mk and walk back to BLT

Ah yes Dana! How could I have forgotten WL and AKL? I am losing my marbles!

The AKL is beautiful, but it does get forgotten out in no man’s land…lol

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1110302]I would get on a monorail first and see GF, then Poly, then Contemporary… Stop for a cocktail… then hit BC/YC, followed by Boardwalk… have another cocktail… then hit the Dolphin.
Now, if you are interested in touring the grounds of some of the other hotels, I would include Riverside and FQ (walk along the river or take a boat between them), as well as SSR.
I may have left something out, but I think that would be my tour![/QUOTE]

that’s the way us professionals do it. there has to be an adult beverage in each resort to really get the atmosphere at the various resorts :wink:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1110302]I would get on a monorail first and see GF, then Poly, then Contemporary… Stop for a cocktail… then hit BC/YC, followed by Boardwalk… have another cocktail… then hit the Dolphin.
I may have left something out, but I think that would be my tour![/QUOTE]

Between the Poly and the Contemporary, get off at MK and take the water launch to the Wilderness Lodge - it’s a spectacular lobby you don’t want to miss!

The Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby is also amazing, but a little difficult to get to.

You could use MK as your central hub…

Start at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Take a bus to MK.
Take the water launch to the Wilderness Lodge.
Then back to MK.
Then hop on the monorail - Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian
And you’re back at MK, again!

You could stop there (those, IMO, are the most impressive lobbies), but if you want to continue your journey…

Take a bus to Yacht Club/Beach Club
Walk/boat to Boardwalk
Walk/boat to Dolphin

That’s exactly what I was going to say!! :laugh:

Thanx so much for all the info. I got my paper and pen out writing down all the info for our June visit staying at Bay Lake Tower. Thanx again.

You can always do a monorail pub crawl and really enjoy the lobby’s like oyu never have before. We added the boat from the CR to WL to add more stops.:laugh:

The trouble with pub hopping, with the heat us northerners sweat way too much the next day at the next park. Have to take too many shirts to change into !!! hahahahaha