Location of Pirate rooms?

Hello all! I am VERY VERY excited and a little nervous; it looks like we will be staying at the Caribbean, in the Pirate Room :pirate: the first week of March!
Air fare’s good, free dinning is available, and I decided to opt for base tickets instead of hoppers to save a little moola!
We have never stayed or even visited The Caribbean before :eek:
I have so many questions like, where are the Pirate Rooms located on the property?
How is the food??
Also, we stayed at Coronado Springs a few years back, and it looks as though (from pictures on line) that the decor of the resort is about the same??
I’m hoping this is not the case, DH wasn’t a huge fan :pinch:

Any tips or info would be wonderful!

Hello tink. DW and I have stayed at CB for a week and loved it. Unfortunately, I do not know where the pirate rooms but I do know that the food is great! There are several options to choose from and we did not experience one that we did not like. Do you have any other specific questions that I might be able to answer?

That’s great to hear Buzz because I was just on wdwinfo.com heard a horrific food review on Shutters. They had said the service was bad and so was the food :ohmy:
Can I ask you what you had at Shutters that you enjoyed?

I finally found an old post locating the pirate rooms :happy:

The Pirate rooms, altho preferred are WAY out there. A good 15 minute walk to the pool. They are close to the road, you can see POPS bowling pins from there. The rooms are AWESOME and totally worth it if you are a pirate fan, but be prepared to walk for the cool Pirate pool and food! We only dined at the food court, but it was good, lots of variety.

Per CBR - we stayed in the regular “Nemo” themed rooms, and the ONLY way I’d stay here again is for the Pirate rooms - as MODs go, I much prefer CSR over CBR! IMHO

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1059142]The Pirate rooms, altho preferred are WAY out there. A good 15 minute walk to the pool. They are close to the road, you can see POPS bowling pins from there. The rooms are AWESOME and totally worth it if you are a pirate fan, but be prepared to walk for the cool Pirate pool and food! We only dined at the food court, but it was good, lots of variety.

Per CBR - we stayed in the regular “Nemo” themed rooms, and the ONLY way I’d stay here again is for the Pirate rooms - as MODs go, I much prefer CSR over CBR! IMHO[/QUOTE]

Oh that stinks…I was hoping that wasn’t going to be like that.
When we went to POR in June we were the farthest building away from the food court/main pool :glare:

We stayed in trinada south now the pirite rooms. We didnt like the distance to the main pool and food court. Its a beautiful place but the walk? We are an active family but the walk drained us.

We are also an active family, but the long walk gets old on about day 2!
I get up early and bring back coffee and sometimes breakfast every morning, and for the most part i don’t mind a STROLL…looks like the DH will be the coffee “getter” this year :laugh::laugh:

Tink, I alpologize for misunderstanding your origional question. Unfortunately, we did not eat at Shutters we just grabbed a couple of meals from the counter options. The food there was amazing. I am not a breakfast person, as a rule, but there was a breakfast burrito that changed that for a week. :happy:

We stayed in the Pirate Rooms in 2009, they were great rooms. I did a bit of a trip report afterwards if you can find it…“Aarg A Pirate Trip Report”. I posted some pics of the rooms. They are so uniquely decorated. So many details are incorporated into the Pirate Theme, the rooms are amazing, and definately a “must-do”, at least once, to experience them.

The only real down-fall is the walk to the main building. The rooms are really far, and a long walk. There is an internal bus that runs around the resort, so I definately recommend using that if you are stuck with bad weather. The nice part of being so far away is that the buildings are quieter, the quiet pool is actually quiet, and the beach area is hardly even used.

The main building has a lot to offer. The counter service choices are great, so much to choose from. Shutters is excellent. We ate there twice, had amazing service and great food.

The main pool has a really fun theme. It is very child friendly with a beach entry ramp and a large and small slide and even a pirate ship themed splash area.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1059515]We stayed in the Pirate Rooms in 2009, they were great rooms. I did a bit of a trip report afterwards if you can find it…“Aarg A Pirate Trip Report”. I posted some pics of the rooms. They are so uniquely decorated. So many details are incorporated into the Pirate Theme, the rooms are amazing, and definately a “must-do”, at least once, to experience them.

The only real down-fall is the walk to the main building. The rooms are really far, and a long walk. There is an internal bus that runs around the resort, so I definately recommend using that if you are stuck with bad weather. The nice part of being so far away is that the buildings are quieter, the quiet pool is actually quiet, and the beach area is hardly even used.

The main building has a lot to offer. The counter service choices are great, so much to choose from. Shutters is excellent. We ate there twice, had amazing service and great food.

The main pool has a really fun theme. It is very child friendly with a beach entry ramp and a large and small slide and even a pirate ship themed splash area.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info…I’m going to look right now for the trip report.

We have never stayed in the Pirate rooms but have stayed at CBR several times. We absolutely love the resort. If you want to be close to OPR (Olde Porte Royal-Shutters, food court and main pool) request a room in Jamaica or Aruba. They are not preferred locations and are a “short” walk across the bridge to OPR. Trinidad N. and Martinique are preferred room locations and are on either side of OPR. Barbados is noisy and Trinidad S. is the farthest from OPR. There is an internal bus but may take a while to reach you. Try to request a ground floor room as there are not many stairways to the second floor rooms. You could wind up going around in circles to find your room upstairs.

Each has a quiet pool with laundry facilities and the beaches have hammocks and playgrounds which are fun too. The theming is really nice too. Lots of bright island colors and exotic flowers all around.

At OPR, the the main pool is great and there is an ourside bar for adults. There are two gift shops, one small with island theme items and the other has it all. There is several stations in the food court and then there is Shutters. We have never eaten at Shutters but the food court has some good selections to choose from. There is also a grab and go area for those quick mornings or a snack when you get back at night.

Hope some of that helped too.

Have fun planning.

[QUOTE=hiner;1060140] If you want to be close to OPR (Olde Porte Royal-Shutters, food court and main pool) request a room in Jamaica or Aruba. They are not preferred locations and are a “short” walk across the bridge to OPR. Trinidad N. and Martinique are preferred room locations and are on either side of OPR. Barbados is noisy and Trinidad S. is the farthest from OPR. There is an internal bus but may take a while to reach you. Try to request a ground floor room as there are not many stairways to the second floor rooms. You could wind up going around in circles to find your room upstairs.
[/QUOTE]

Respectfully, I’ll disagree with your blanket statement that Jamaica and Aruba are close to OPR. There are specific buildings in those villages that are as close to OPR as you can get without preferred location (Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45). However, this doesn’t mean that the entire villages are close to OPR. As a matter of fact, Jamaica 41 is the very farthest “standard” guest building from OPR, and Aruba 56 is a close second to that.

Not all of Martinique is preferred location. Only 3 of Martinique’s 6 guest buildings are preferred location … Buildings 21, 22 and 23 are standard, not preferred. As measured on a runners’ website using satellite photos, Martinique 22 is exactly the same distance to OPR as Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45.

Trinidad South no longer has any standard rooms. 100% of Trinidad South is comprised of Pirate theme rooms; these rooms cost more per night than standard rooms.

I’m not sure what you’re basing your opinion on when you say that Barbados is noisy. I’m curious.

I’ll give my opinion that, overall, 2nd floor rooms are quieter than 1st floor rooms. Number one, in a 1st floor room you can have running/jumping/stomping noises from the room above you. Number two, everyone who stays at CBR has to walk by at least some 1st floor rooms to get anywhere. But only half the people staying at CBR have to walk by 2nd floor rooms. Therefore, 1st floor rooms are going to get more people walking right outside them, and therefore 1st floor rooms are, overall, going to be noisier than 2nd floor rooms overall.

Robyn -

thanks for starting this thread! I, too, have an upcoming trip to CBR in augst and have never even visited! DS13 has wanted to stay there for years, so here we go! I am a bit concerned about being placed in a distant location, but, we’ll adjust. We never upcharge to the Preferred, so we will take our chances.

I’ll be looking forward to your trip report to get alot of insider information!

[QUOTE=crazy4tink;1060304]Robyn -

thanks for starting this thread! I, too, have an upcoming trip to CBR in augst and have never even visited! DS13 has wanted to stay there for years, so here we go! I am a bit concerned about being placed in a distant location, but, we’ll adjust. We never upcharge to the Preferred, so we will take our chances.

I’ll be looking forward to your trip report to get alot of insider information![/QUOTE]

We’ve never visited this resort either! I’m excited for something different. I’m a little concerned too about being so far away from everything, but I guess it will quiet and relaxing:happy:.
The food court looks comparable to POR, which I really like.
In June we were in the farthest building AND ROOM away from everything at POR :ph34r:. We felt like we were on our own little personal resort vacation, we never saw another person outside our room, besides our family in the next room.

We have only ever stayed at the values, which I don’t mind at all, but at the values, there is never a feeling of being “on your own little private resort vacation”! :laugh: But we know that going in, so “NO WORRIES”; it’s part of the experience!

We were going to stay at a value for the first time this trip. But when I called and got the pricing, a mod was a much better deal with the free dinning.

Silly winch. Pirates don’t sleep in rooms…just a hammock below deck unless you be an officer then you gets a cabin on a the ship. :pirate:

OMG you owe a computer cleaning!!! I just spit my coffee all over the place:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We’ve stayed in Trinidad S. years ago, before the pirate themed rooms, and found it was the farthest of the islands from OPR. We had also stayed in Jamaica, bldg. 41, in which the walk over the bridge was not far if you go through buildings. We’ve also stayed in Trinidad N., bldg. 31, and walked across the parking lot to OPR. Last we stayed in Aruba, bldg. 53, and also was a short walk. I would agree that anyone booking a room at this resort, should try to request the building they prefer located in the island they prefer.

For those booking a Pirate Themed room, just remember that Trinidad S. is the farthest and the internal bus does not run as periodically as the park buses. If you rent a car or have your car, you are better off driving to OPR if you do not want to wait for the bus or take the long walk.

My opinion is based on staying at the resort, checking the islands out, reading reviews and friends’ comments on staying there.

Yes 2nd floor rooms are a little more quieter and depending on what building you are in, you can see the lazers from Fantasmic and Illuminations. But most buildings only have 2 stairways, leaving many people also walking by your room. And late at night, coming back from a park, who wants to climb stairs and walk around half a building to get to your room. Again it depends on where your room is on the 2nd floor. You could be close to the stairwell or far away zig zagging around to get to your room.

We have never had an issue with noise being on the 1st floor. Also, our son had a blast searching/catching lizards and feeding the ducks every morning. It was the high-light of waiting for one of us while we were getting ready for the day. If you are lucky enough to get a 1st floor room with a courtyard, there are tables and benches to hang out or eat at. It all comes down to what you prefer when it comes to 1st or 2nd floor.

I always enjoy reading everyone’s opinions. That’s the fun of trying to base your decision on where you want to stay.