"look it's a hee haw with wings"

Well, we are back. As most trips there were great and not so great moments. I’ll explain the title later, you’ll just have to wait a bit. :pirate:

Day one

cast- me AKA grandma, grandpa, DB (who is staying at all stars), DD and two DGDS ages almost 3 and 7. Staying at a one bedroom at BCV and then AKV kidani. Sorry, not too many pictures and those are mostly of my DGDs.

We left early tues on a 7 am flight. Got into Orlando, went to ME and walked right onto a bus. Within an hour of landing we were in our room at BCV. We were on the fourth floor just around the corner from the elevator. We’ve never had a room so close, it was wonderful.

My brother came over and took me to Walmart. After picking up almost everything in the store, we returned to BC. My DB pulls up to the drive and before he stops, they are ready to shoot him away. I explain we were just stopping to get help from bell services with the groceries. Well, that’s ok then. Someone comes over with a cart, helps to unload the bags and then explains, he is not bell services but valet. So he can’t help any further. Well, since he already unloaded the bags onto the cart, I felt I should tip him but I wasn‘t happy to do so. If I had know the difference, I would have looked for bell services first. Then I went to find someone from bell services to help. So of course, when bell services brought the bags up to the room, I tipped again.

Meanwhile, my DD was coming with my two DGDs. Her first flight was delayed, so she missed her connection. The next few flights were full, they were going to put her on a 4 oclock flight. Which means waiting for 6 hrs in an airport and MISSING OHANA. I told her to try calling the airline 800 number, not talking to gate agents. Well, she tried and they said oh we can put you on the 1 something flight. Whoo hoo.

But she’ll still be late for ohana. She called disney dining looking for another time/day, but nothing. Disney dining said Ohana would still seat us ever though we were an hour or so late. We were a little unsure of traveling over to the Ohana to only be told sorry can’t help you. So I called dining and went thru the whole tale of air travel and my concern with the credit card thing, and the CM suddenly says “hey, there’s a ADR for 6:35, how’d that happen?” So DD lands, get to resort, rushes to room, we all rush to dinner, still got there about 15 mins late, and was seated about 7. Enjoyed the meal, kids did the dancing and all the fun stuff. Got back to the room about 9:30, got kids to bed. Grandparents already worn out.

The sign of a good start to the trip. Who cares about sleep… the kids are with you in the World.

I’m doing a little 'Ohana boogie for your story.

That’s exactly what happened to us at AKL one time. I was quite upset that he failed to tell us he was valet until the entire cart was filled. When I asked him why in the world would he help us when he knew he could go no further. He replied he was just trying to help. Tipped him. But, then there were no bellmen available right then, so DH had one of the boys park the car, and we brought the stuff in ourselves. Kind of felt weird, like they they were all glaring at us for doing it ourselves instead of using their services.

excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between a valet and bell services?

They both hang out at the front doors, but valet takes your car after you have unloaded it, and parks it (for a fee) and bell services takes your luggage out of your car and takes the luggage up to your room.

Day two

It was early EMH for HS, so after breakfast, we rushed out. We didn’t get there to maybe 8:40 ish. Got FP for toy story and then went on with 2 yr old. Wait time was about 15 mins. Got off and went on again, this time it took a bit longer but not much.

This toy story is serious stuff.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. She is totally adorable. So looking forward to many more pictures!

DD had taken 7 yr old on another ride and to sign up for jedi training. Then muppets and star tours. We also found the “singing in the rain” spot.

Then back to the resort. Nap time. 7 yr old went to nap in the bedroom where grandpa was reading. I go into the bedroom, no Alexandria, hmmm where is she. I look in bathroom, on balcony….where is she??? I finally found her here.

How is she breathing???

Lol…what an adorable picture. She is really into it!

Oh my… I am happy that things worked out… can’t wait to read more… your granddaughter is so cute.

About three we went to beaches and cream. The server comes over to our table and asks what we wanted. I whispered to my older DGD, “ask for a kitchen sink”. She kept saying no, like grandma that is soo werid. So she tells the server we would like a kitchen sink. A few mins later …Here comes the kitchen sink with all the lights flashing and everything. The server does her little speech and ends it with “and this young lady is going to eat it all by herself” and puts it right if front of DGD. We all dug in.

Great start! Your DGDs are adorable!

Be back later with more. Have to go see how much our grandson has grown in a week. He is now a whole month old. :wub::wub::wub:

Right. That’s what I imagined. So then, why did the valet get involved. He knew what he was doing :pinch:

That tip was not earned and he should have given it back. It’s not a lot of money but it makes me kind of a little upset :pirate:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1111791]DD had taken 7 yr old on another ride and to sign up for jedi training. Then muppets and star tours. We also found the “singing in the rain” spot.

Then back to the resort. Nap time. 7 yr old went to nap in the bedroom where grandpa was reading. I go into the bedroom, no Alexandria, hmmm where is she. I look in bathroom, on balcony….where is she??? I finally found her here.

How is she breathing???[/QUOTE]
hehe, that is too funny. I found one of my boys once under his bed - fast asleep

jo-jo’s back! :wub:

Next morning was EMH at MK. We left early, got there just at 8 am. Ran to Dumbo but he wasn’t working yet. Must have had some big problems, a number of hard hats was looking at it. So we went on the goofy ride…again and again and again.:blink: Dumbo still wasn’t working so we left to go on tea cups a few times.

By now DB had arrived, we went to the race cars. I had gotten FP for Buzz and my DGD ticket wouldn’t work, so they gave me a fast pass card AND an extra fast pass for the ride by accident. Later I went for FP for Pooh and someone left a FP on top of the machine, so I had extras for my DB. Since the 2 yr didn’t need a ticket, several times I would take her and then DH would take her, so she got extra rides. In the course of the morning, we had done Pooh, Buzz, people mover, race cars, goofy roller coaster, small world and tea cups several times over. Then the girls went to see Mickey and princess with the fast pass thing. It seemed to work well.

We then left MK and went to Epcot for our lunch in Germany. The girls just love the dancing part. I went up with them. I was standing as they danced around holding onto my arms like I was a maypole. There was another young child that looked at me like “when is it my turn to pull your arms off”.:laugh:

Look who we found outside after lunch.

just one of the flower show displays from near the the entrance of Epcot.

And a few more displays…I didn’t really have a chance to see all of them. I thought there would be time, it all slipped away.