Looking for a little advice

So I originally planned on going down and finding a place to eat without reservations. I have decided to go ahead and make some reservations. I have checked out many of the places but wanted a little extra help.

My girlfriend and I are heading down NEXT SATURDAY:smile: !

We are going down for 7 nights. Any dinner suggestions for a couple (mid 20s) would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to make up my mind but it’s very overwhelming. One thing i decided is I def need some kind of game plan.

Forgot to mentoin I have the dinning package.

My reservations for my Sept. trip so far are: Spoodles, Boma, San Angel Inn, and Yachtsman Steakhous (2 table credits).

A great place for couples would be The Hollywood Brown Derby at the Disney Studios. Keep in mind though, it is going to cost you two credits each off of the DP. It’s a great “old-school” Hollywood atmosphere, and the food and the service is great.

You might also want to try Boma at AKL. It’s kind of an exotic menu in beautiful setting.

You can look at the menu of any WDW restaurant at this website.

Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

2 credits, does that mean I have to use two meals for one? Sorry Im new to the dinning plan.

The Hollywood Brown Derby sounds really nice, I will also conisider the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Thank you.

Yes, that’s what it means, two table service credits. I’m also new to the dining plan but I’ve researched it a ton. If you’re like me and you’ll also be going to Universal, using two table credits isn’t such a big deal since at least one of those days we’ll be eating outside the park, so that makes up for the loss of a table service credit.

Honestly, in the few months that I’ve been on this forum, the most talked about places I’ve seen are: Spoodles (ask Cavey what he thinks), Boma, Ohana’s, and Le Cellier. Unfortunately for me, Ohana’s and Le Cellier are both booked for my week but I’ll keep trying.

A few suggestions:

Since you haven’t made ADRs yet, you may have some issues getting what you want - so try for late seatings. That will help. In WDW, you NEED reservations. Or, you’ll have a hard time getting a good table.

I suggest:

San Angel Inn in EPCOT (mexican food, 1 table service credit)

Spoodles on the Boardwalk (mediteranian, 1 table service credit) - you can enjoy the bOardwalk before/after your meal!

Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary - (american, 1 table service, character meal)

The Concourse at the Contemp (american, steak, - 1 table service)

'Ohana at the Polynesian (Polynesian food?? I’m not sure. - 1 table service - an experience not to be missed, I’m told!)

Those are my suggestions! :wub:

Do you have any of your days planned as to what park on what day? Also, do you have the Park Hopping tickets? That may influence where or where you won’t be able to eat if the restaurant required park admission (places in Epcot, MK, and Studios mainly). You may want to write a list of choices of restaurants then call reservations and see what’s available on what day.

We enjoyed Teppanyaki, Le Cellier, and Chefs de France in Epcot (but we’re much older than you and have 2 kids).

Good luck and have fun!!

MAKE ADRs!!! As soon as possible, ESPECIALLY if you have the dining plan!!!

What kind of places are you thinking of? What kind of food do you LOVE? What don’t you like? Have you decided which park you will do on each day of your trip?

As ingamba said, go to AllEarsNet.com for their extensive menu selection. Clicking this link will bring you DIRECTLY to the DINING section:
Dining at Walt Disney World

Just click on the links to the LEFT for actual menus (or you can click here):
Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

I haven’t used the dining plan yet, but we are doing it in December. At $38 per Adult, per day…we DEFINITELY make out ahead since we almost ALWAYS eat a nice sit down dinner every night! I don’t care what I eat during the day, I just want a nice place to sit, relax, eat a good meal and reflect on our magical day!

My opinion? Make ONE ADR per day, so you won’t be scrambling last minute. And like Erin said, if a restaurant isn’t available at normal meal times, try earlier or later.

I suggest: Le Cellier @ EPCOT, Ohana’s @ Poly, Crystal Palace @ MK, Beaches & Cream @ Beach Club

Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles!

Teppanyaki, 'Ohana, LeCellier…

Oh, and Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles!

Ohana’s! I have nothing else to say!

'Ohana is AMAZING! And so is Le Cellier! (my favorite meal at WDW…try the Mushroom Filet Mignon…the rissotto is to die for!!!)

San Angel Inn is good Mexican food and GREAT Mexican beverages (Margarita anyone? :confused: ) It has such a ROMANTIC atmosphere. Try to get a table overlooking the water and the erupting volcano.

Concourse Steak House is good, too. But if you’re gonna try one steak house, I’d stick witih Le Cellier. YUM!!!

Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. Where else can you get a breakfast pizza? They actually have TWO kinds! One with eggs and cheese, and one with peanut butter, jelly, chocolate, marshmallow and chocolate chips. Both are DELISH! (oh, and they have Krispy Kreme’s there!)

Crystal Palace for ANY meal. I have always had great meals there! It’s a nice restaurant, with spectacular views of Cinderella’s Castle all around. The food is great and the character interaction is AWESOME!!!

Those are my faves. I am trying a bunch of new places when I go in December, so I can’t comment on those.

BUT BE SURE TO MAKE ADRs!!!

I remember in another thread someone suggested asking the Disney Dining CM what is available for the nights you have in mind. This might make it easier for you, considering you are leaving so soon. Let us know how things go!

I forget, what was the restaurant Cavey really liked?:laugh:

California Grille is a good place to go to for a nice romantic dinner. i don’t know if the dining plan has CG on the list. O’hana’s is a good place to go to as well. Yachtman’s Steakhouse is another. Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge is a good meal and entertainment bonus. If either one of you are into character meals: Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern are a couple for dinner, 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and dinner, Beach Club Cafe for Breakfast, Chef Mickey’s for breakfast or dinner. i think that’s it right now. i hope this helps.

If you can’t get some of the more popular restaurants that are mentioned here quite a bit, I would suggest trying Kona Cafe at the Polynesian (a good option if you can’t get O’hana there) and lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK (no characters or all you can eat at lunch, there is a regular menu with really good food).

I agree that Spoodles is a good choice, plus you are at the BW for some night time entertainment. While I was not overly impressed with the service at the Wolfgang Cafe in Downtown Disney, the food was good, and since you’re 20 somethings without kids you can just head to the night life there afterwards too. If you choose to use to go to one of the two credit restaurants, the California Grill was simply out of this world; the food, view and service were top notch!.:mickey:

My top favs would be: 50’s Prime Time (MGM), Le Cellier (EPCoT), Rose and Crown (Epcot), Crystal Palace (MK), and RainForest Cafe (AK). Make sure as you are planning your ressies that you decide which park you will be in which day so you aren’t jumping from park to park, meal to meal.

You must be so excited! Your trip is approaching very quickly!

My DH and I love going to Germany for some good Beer, good food, and a great dinner show. It is not the most romantic of the Disney dinners, but it is a guranteed go time!!!