Looking for Crusin' Tips!

We are booked on The Dream Jan 3-7, 2012 - and I’ve done ZERO research :blush: on the cruise - zero! Any feedback, tips, tricks, anything you can tell me I would GREATLY appreciate it. :happy:

PS. It’s the 5-Night Bahamian cruise :heart:

Well who all is going? What are the ages? It has been a few years, but our cruise on the Wonder was one of the best vacations yet. I would be happy to share the things we learned.

-Harry

Grandma and Grandpa - 66
Me - 40
My DDs - 11 & 7 :happy:

LOL and if a moderator could change my title to’Cruisin’ please, that’s what I get for posting late at night :blush:

Lucky girlz…enjoy the cruise. I can’t give any advice but I hope you have a FANTASTIC time!!

Ok,

The kids are going to have a great time. There are activities for different age groups on board. MY DD was a teen when we went, but at one point she said she wished she was still a pre-teen cause they had such cool stuff to do.

Here is a link to the report I wrote a few years ago ( wow has it been that long! ) http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/take-cruise/24071-cruise-impressions.html

You are going to have a great time,
Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1097746]Ok,

The kids are going to have a great time. There are activities for different age groups on board. MY DD was a teen when we went, but at one point she said she wished she was still a pre-teen cause they had such cool stuff to do.

Here is a link to the report I wrote a few years ago ( wow has it been that long! ) http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/take-cruise/24071-cruise-impressions.html

You are going to have a great time,
Harry[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! :heart:

Hi Jen- I’m so excited for you! We’re not cruisin’ on the Dream until April, so I personally don’t have any suggestions. Just wanted to say hello and congrats on the great trip- your countdown says 19 days!!!

My advice is skip excursions and stay aboard the ship and enjoy everything it has to offer!

Thanks! Yes we are super excited - but clueless :blink: I have never gone into anything without planning every minor detail - with this I’m like “board at 3:45pm” “OK! I’ll be there!” :laugh::laugh:

I really have to do a little research asap!! I’ll be sure to tell you all about it when I get back - 10 days to go!

I agree!! :heart:

PS. If a moderator could change my title to "Cruisin’"please, it’s killing me I can’t change it. :ph34r:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1097639]We are booked on The Dream Jan 3-7, 2012 - and I’ve done ZERO research :blush: on the cruise - zero! Any feedback, tips, tricks, anything you can tell me I would GREATLY appreciate it. :happy:

PS. It’s the 5-Night Bahamian cruise :heart:[/QUOTE]

The only cruises I have taken were courtesy of the United States Navy: Haze Grey and Underway. :cool:

However, I would advise that you make sure to leave enough food at home for the dog. :pirate:

I’d like to offer my services as cruise guide. Just book the Walt Disney room for me and I’ll see you on the ship. :laugh:

Book Palo or whatever the adults only resturant is one night.

Excursions in Nassau - absolutely skip the Sunshine glass bottom boat trip.

Julie is right in that the ship is empty when in port.

We loved the excursions. The Segway Tours and Atlantis. Senor Frogs is a ton of fun. Go to the back of the buildings in the markets. Same merchandise but better deals. And barter, barter, barter. Our fav excursion was snorkling on the smaller islands. We saw Nemo cleaning his house under water. :laugh::laugh::laugh: You don’t have to book those in advance, the front desk on board can help you with that. It’ll give you more time to see what all is available once you get there.
…and then there’s all the stuff to do on the boat :laugh: