Looking for ideas

we are planning on a trip to WDW. I think we are going to get our park Hopper plus tickets and plan on staying at pop century. What I am looking for are good ideas on what to do without using our park passes the first night there and our last day before we fly out. we are going to stay 7 nights and get 6 day passes. Seems to work out pretty well and will save about $250 dollars doing it this way. :smile:

Downtown Disney is a blast!! Lots of fun shops!! Places to get ice cream!!

Or I have always wanted to spend a day visiting resorts and seeing all the different things at the resorts we have not stayed at!!!

There are also oulet shops nearby Disney property that have Disney outlets there!! You could go there and pick up some cheap souveneirs!!!

I agree with inluvwithdisney on both ideas! And if you want to use the money you saved lol, spring for some Cirque de Soliel tickets! Well well worth the money!

DTD or do one of the shows like the HOOP DE DOO or Luau or go to Chef Mickey’s

You could always stroll around Boardwalk, Yacht Club and Beach club. There is also Miniature Golf too. We played for free using a voucher we received at check in.

On your first night there, take a ride over to Fort Wilderness and eat at Trails End Buffet, have the kids go to the petting zoo, play at the playground and then go on a hayride. You can also go to the campfire with Chip and Dale and watch Disney Videos (weather permitting!). All of this (except the meal…which by the way is the BEST valued buffet on disney property!!) is free!!

You might consider viviting other resorts. We did this last year and my sons loved it. It is interesting to see all of the different themes and atmospheres created at the different resorts. My family loved the Wilderness Lodge and the AK Lodge.

This past year, we went to Chef Mickeys and rode the monorail several times on the first night. The kids had a great time and it got them excited for the next day. We also watched the light parade on the lagoon from the Poly and then the fireworks.

You might also consider putt putt at one of the courses or DTD.

The last of our trip (last January), we went to Downtown Disney Marketplace. Fun shops, great places for lunch and a great way to put a capper on your trip. On your first night, you might try eating at Boma at AKL (make reservations ahead of time though). The lodge is beautiful and while you’re waiting to be seated or after your meal, there is an outdoor observation patio where you can see any number of animals that make the savannah their home. (Infrared binoculars are supplied)