Looking for inexpensive transport from WDW to airport

hi all,
I got my tickets to do the ME to return home, BUT in the booklet it says you have to leave on the ME 3 hours prior to your departure time. With my 2 little ones, I really rather not be on the bus or waiting in the airport for that long. Does anyone know of a taxi/transport service that can take us from WDW to the Airport on the day of our departure.

Thanks so much,
margaret.

I know what you mean. I don’t have little ones like you. My kids are 12 & 8 and that 3 hr thing bothers them too. We rented a car from Alamo. We pick it up at the airport & drop it off at the airport. We will use the car a few times during our trip too. So, those ME tags are staying home…I heard Quiksilver car service is good but I don’t have any info re price but I heard they were cheaper than a taxi or rental car.

I believe Quicksilver would cost you between 60 and 70 dollars for a one way transfer. Better than a cab, and you would not have to leave as early taking ME.

does anyone have Quicksilver link?

thanks,
margaret

It’s on MB homepage

Orlando airport transportation and Disney World transportation.

[QUOTE=kanakoskiddos;884281]hi all,
I got my tickets to do the ME to return home, BUT in the booklet it says you have to leave on the ME 3 hours prior to your departure time. With my 2 little ones, I really rather not be on the bus or waiting in the airport for that long. Does anyone know of a taxi/transport service that can take us from WDW to the Airport on the day of our departure.

Thanks so much,
margaret.[/QUOTE]

I have the same concern about spending so much time a the airport. But I just checked the Quicksilver FAQ and it says they pick you up 2 1/2 hours before your flight - for us it is not worth it to pay $75 for a half hour (there are 5 of us and would need a van. The town car is less).

Just keep in mind that the security line @ MCO is often very, very long. Three hrs. may not be too long if you take into consideration the bus trip to the airport, check your luggage, go through security, take the tram to the terminal, get a snack for the plane. Phew, I’m tired already and we don’t go until 12/6/08.

We did ME with only one little one, but there was no downtime. Security always takes forever, and there is a movie on the bus.

hi all,
Guess I’ll stick with my dad’s wise words…- you go home with who you came with. So we are doing ME going, so we’ll do ME coming home.
thanks for all the input.
margaret.

Not a bad decision. We always use ME and don’t mind the 3 hour pick up. You don’t know how many resorts you have to stop at before you actually leave for the airport and we have found the lines at MCO to be very long at times. One time this year we had a 10 minute wait to board our plane once we reached our gate. Other times we made it through in record time and had an hour wait. I would rather be safe than sorry so I don’t mind the extra half hour to hour difference in time.

MCO security sucks. You never know if you’ll walk right through or be sweating making the flight.

Better safe than sorry. Quicksliver will pick you up about 2:00 before your flight. The time savings is not stoping at another resort for passengers or another terminal at the airport.

I would rather be there early than run the risk of missing a flight. You can always walk up and down the big halls while you wait. It might tire them out.

We love Tiffany TownCar!!! Have been using them for the past 7 years and have never had a bad experience…EVER!

We used ME last time and it was great! I wasn’t thrilled about the 3 hour lead time, but it was perfect. We stopped very briefly at another resort and then the ride to the airport zoomed by while we watched the characters on the bus TVs giving a good-bye to us. Once we arrived at the airport the ME drive directed us with our luggage (we flew SWA) we had time to stop in the Disney & Harley stores, potty break, security check and our friends even picked up a quick lunch and we didn’t wait long for boarding. I felt it was all at a good leisurely pace and I wasn’t stressed out trying to get from point A to point B. We’re doing it again in December! (which reminds me, I better order my ME packets!)