Looking For New Places

We’ve been to WDW so many times and we’ve done all the popular places. We’re looking to try something new. Well, new to us.

Can you suggest some places that aren’t as well known but still offer a nice dining experience?

I’m not sure this would qualify as a “nice” place but have you ever done the Plaza in Magic Kingdom?? They are on the dining plan and I have always wanted to go there for lunch (I don’t remember if they are open for dinner) but I’ve always made other plans instead. The sandwiches look incredible.

Oh yes Bella. We love the Plaza. It’s a great lunch spot and even nice for a quick dinner too.

We love the Kona Cafe. Especially for breakfast, but I’m sure dinner is good too. We also gave the Chefs de France another try this year, after two bad experiences in the past couple of years, and it was REALLY good. We wanted to go back again during our trip, but we never made it. OKW is kind of off the beaten path, but Olivia’s is one of the best-kept secrets of WDW.

Why don’t you try the Private Dining Experience at the Grand Floridian? They’ll do it for any WDW Resort guest.

In agreement with llama on her picks…just quoted her cause I am lazy…lol

Trail’s end at Fort Wilderness is off the beaten path, but the food is good, and the price is reasonable.

Marrakesh is wonderful and often overlooked.

The Artist Point over at the WL is wonderful!

One of my best dining experiences to date was on the balcony of the Dolphin, with room service, watching Illuminations. THis was the first night of our honeymoon 12 years ago, many great experiences since, especially with the kids.

i always love yachtsman steakhouse. consistently the best meal i have at wdw.

Hey Doll, give Il Mulino a try, we had a
excellent meal there last trip and are
going back this time to!:happy:

Elmo beat me to it.

Marrakesh is one of my favorites. Great food, great service, and not your typical dining experience.

Make sure you try Teppan Edo once it opens up, it should be a slightly different experience than Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki!

Will you have your own car? The Sandtrap Bar and Grill at Osprey Ridge Golf Course is quiet and delicious. They have a great burger!

How about Tonys in Magic Kingdom. I think its one of the best kept secrets.

:confused:

Cinderella’s Royal Table is nice if you time it for the fire works but would not say it was very romantic. it has very nice food the character’s are not to much in your face and the photo you get on the way in is a nice memory of the night.

our favourite is Narcoossee’s we went there for our honeymoon meal and loved the meal staff, electric parade and fireworks. but i bet you have done this.

Paris is said to be the most romantic city on earth so why not try Bistro de Pariso in EPCOT - time your meal while Illuminations Reflections of Earth is on, you’ll have a fantastic romantic view from which to see it. I’m sure you will like this venue we did. plus you can leave epcot from the “back entrance/ exit” by boat and beat a lot of the crowds (depending were you are staying) or have a slow walk back through the park and enjoy your evening. :heart: :wub: :heart: :wub: :heart:

:flowers: you could also have a flower or balloon basket sent to you room for when you return.

We love Portabellos. The food and service are great and it’s in DTD, perfect to take a nice stroll after dinner.

Thank you for so many wonderful suggestions! I will be checking out the menus for all of them!!

I didn’t realize you could see Illuminations from Bistro de France! Do you have to request a special table to see?

:confused: I thought that i go things mixed up when you said that, you know how thing are when going from one fantastc place to another. so iv been on the net to check thing out. i was right you can see iluminations fron bistro.

go to Bistro de Paris restaurant above Chefs de France in Epcot World Showcase at Walt Disney World

:redface: :confused:

Oops, I morphed Chefs de France and Bistro de Paris into one name! :redface:
I’m thinking that one looks a little too fancy for me and my friend. Maybe we’ll save that for a special romantic dinner when I go with DH.

Thanks for the link and the info though. I never knew you could see it from there.

I’d suggest something, but I thought you’d pretty much dined everywhere I have.
Finally got to Jiko. It was enjoyable.
Flying Fish has been consistant.
Gave Spoodles a second chance for dinner. No more tapas, but the shrimp and linguine were excellent.
I’ve always liked Kona.
Boatwright’s looked interesting for dinner.
Wolfgang Puck Cafe has a pretty extensive menu for something that’s on the dining plan.