Looking for place at MGM

We ate a place at MGM and I had one of the best steaks I have EVER had in my life. Wondering if anyone can help with where that may possibly have been. I think it might have been Italian.

Was it Mama Melrose?

thats it. I searched yahoo pics and that is it.

Thanks

[QUOTE=dadofthree;914200]thats it. I searched yahoo pics and that is it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I am surprised to hear that the steak was that good there. I always pictured that place to be Spaghetti with meatballs. Very interesting.

So, dadofthree, when are you going back? How old are your kids.

Yes, tell us.

Welcome to MB.

What kind of steak did you have?

Going back sometimes in Dec of 09’ - I have already put deposit down on the room just got to get my dates straight.

Yes, I am almost 100% sure that is the place and was also shocked that there was steak and that it was that good.

I didn’t know Mama Melrose had a steak on the menu…welcome to Mousebuzz.:happy:

btw 7 yr old boy, 4 yr old boy, 6 month old little princess

I pasted this off the menu via online menu:

Entrees

[B][U]Charred Butcher Tender Steak gorgonzola butter on roasted red pepper polenta, grilled asparagus and red wine reduction $20.99[/U][/B]

Wood-Grilled Salmon basted with sun-dried tomato pesto over roasted vegetables $19.99

Penne Alla Vodka with pancetta and sweet onion, finished with tomato basil sauce, cream, vodka and pecorino romano $16.99

Eggplant Napoleon eggplant, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes over a warm cannellini bean ragu $14.99

Grilled Pepperoni Flatbread - with bell peppers and sweet onions $11.99

Vine-Ripened Tomato Flatbread with sweet basil pesto and caprino cheese $11.99

Spaghetti Fra Diavolo with clams, calamari, mussels and shrimp, tossed in a spicy Marinara sauce $19.99

Wood-grilled Chicken tossed with Pipette pasta with artichokes, peas, roasted red peppers in a basil and four cheese cream sauce $17.99; substitute shrimp for $19.99

Spicy Italian Sausage with rigatoni pasta, peppers, onions, and a tomato basil sauce topped with caprino cheese $16.99

Grilled Chicken Flatbread with sun-dried tomato pesto, pancetta, asiago cheese and fresh chives $12.99

Four Cheese Flatbread with Asiago, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Gorgonzola Cheese $11.99

Oven Baked Chicken alla Parmesan over spaghetti $16.99

There ya go. The first item on the menu.

Wow, that’s a nice sounding menu.
I don’t hear very many good reviews about Mama Melrose.
Definitely worth checking out, I guess.

We’ve been to MM twice and really enjoyed it.

I think all people in my party enjoyed Mama Melrose’s, but I just loved the fact that I got a nice steak and didn’t have to pay a dime when I left. We had gotten the Disney Dining Plan, so I know I paid for it ahead of time…but I just felt like I had won the dollar battle on that.

I am sorry, I had a close friend that I BEGGED to stay on property and get the dining plan and Park Hopper, but refused and told me he was saving about $1500. He came back and said he would NEVER go back. He said he drove too much once he got there, paid too much for food, and would NEVER go back. I just didn’t understand it…until I realized the stress I would have gone through if I had to worry about driving, budgeting for food, staying in the park even though I was ready to go somewhere else. I probaly would of stressed out too.

I know how much eating out costs and we ate out EVERY night on the DDP and I just couldn’t help but feel like I was getting a deal.

We ate at MM last week and all enjoyed our dishes. My mom and I had the Pork Marsala (very good), my husband and dad had steak (they said it was very good) and my in-laws had the Salmon (they raved about). We also had the Fantasmic Dinner package, which allowed all of us to get a free appetizer, we all got something different and shared and they were also all very tasty.

I would recomend Hollywood Brown Derby, I ate their for my birthday and LOVED it! Everyone should try it! Plus our waiter was really nice, he noticed my pin and was like, how is everything Justin. It was just so cool! I loved it.

• Justin

Nice reviews for Mama Melrose. I’m gonna have to give it a try. Thanks!

We just at MM a few weeks ago. The Pork Marsala was wonderul. Surprisingly, one of our more enjoyable non-character eating experiences!!

[QUOTE=Justin;914804]I would recomend Hollywood Brown Derby, I ate their for my birthday and LOVED it! Everyone should try it! Plus our waiter was really nice, he noticed my pin and was like, how is everything Justin. It was just so cool! I loved it.

• Justin[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing, Brown Derby is awesome. The steaks are great…

We ate a MM in Sept. and really enjoyed it. I had the Spaghetti Fra Diavolo. It was so delicious. We are looking forward to going back next Sept.

The Calamari appetizer was very tender. Sometimes calamari can be rubbery, this definitely wasn’t.

In addition to great food, I think that Mama Melrose has a great atmosphere - lots of details and fun theming.