Looking for points

I realize this is far in advance, but I am just starting to toy with planning my next trip. I am looking for points for 9 nights next August. I want to stay at Saratoga Springs again this trip as both me and my DD LOVED it there. My dates are pretty felixbile, but I would prefer to be in the last full week of August as the crowds are much lighter than earlier in the month. I would need to be home the Wednesday after Labor day becuase my DD starts school on that Thursday.

First choice for dates: Monday August 23rd - Wednesday Septemper 1st

Second choice for dates: Sunday August 22nd - Tuesday August 31st

Third choice: whatever works for your calender year in August…

Who has points? Who wants to rent to me? When can we set this up? How much for the points? Anyone able to take payments rather than one lump sum (not the only way I can pay, but easier on me if it’s possible)?

I have rented from mickey twice and llama once and I think they can both vouch for my timely payment and hassle-free rent.

YEA Dana, I’m thrilled that you are planning a trip. Life is just better when there’s a trip in the future.

Yeah, true that DT. I have been working so much and so hard. It’s time to start planning a little fun for the future.

Aww… too bad you were not going to be there the first week in August, like DT and me.
Now that would be a good party. :happy:

[QUOTE=ddoll;974940]Aww… too bad you were not going to be there the first week in August, like DT and me.
Now that would be a good party. :happy:[/QUOTE]

I believe she’s talking about 2010, so, youse guys make sure you’ll be there that same time :wink:

[QUOTE=ddoll;974940]Aww… too bad you were not going to be there the first week in August, like DT and me.
Now that would be a good party. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am talking about 2010 like Iris said. Would have been VERy cool to meet up with you guys…hey, there’s always next year.:heart:

No points, sorry! Just stopping by to say “Hi Dana!” waves :happy:

Hey Dana, I don’t have any extra points either but I just wanted to remind you that DVC members can’t book using their points until 11 months out. So you may have to wait a few months, although DVC members know what their future use years look like & how many points they have so hopefully you can find someone early & they can book when the time comes.

Dana – this is great news, another trip!

I think we will have points available, but I won’t know for another month or so. I will let you know ASAP. It would be 200 points – don’t know how many nights that covers in August. Is it enough?

Yes, I know. I am just in the preplanning and want to see if anyone is interested. I will have to do it in payments and wanted to put that up long in advance so people could think about it.

With Dd’s tuition going up YEt again this coming school year, I want to be smart about my monthly spending and pay this off as slow as possible so I don’t get jammed up. I just caught up on bills and have no interest in getting behind again even for a WDW trip.

MissDisney -
I would need 136 points to stay at SSR for 9 nights in August on the dates that I really want and that is Monday - Wednesday with the trip ending on 9/1.

WAVES hey!

[QUOTE=Dana;975937]MissDisney -
I would need 136 points to stay at SSR for 9 nights in August on the dates that I really want and that is Monday - Wednesday with the trip ending on 9/1.[/QUOTE]

I believe MissD owns at BWV, would I be able to talk you into staying in my favorite resort area??? I love the location of BWV, walking to Epcot and maybe even HS is so nice.

Dana, she’s right. I think you’ll enjoy it.:wub:

It is very nice there, but the points will be much more expensive unfortunately. I am looking for 9 nights, so I have to get something a bit more inexpensive like SSR or OKW…AKL value would be ideal, but I think that may be a bit harder to get in to.

Just something to think about–a standard view studio for 8/23-9/1 is only 133 points. SSR would be 140 points for the same time.

Straight from the DVC website:

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas Studio Accommodation - Standard View 8/23/2010 9/1/2010 133
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Studio Accommodation 8/23/2010 9/1/2010 140

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;976105]Just something to think about–a standard view studio for 8/23-9/1 is only 133 points. SSR would be 140 points for the same time.

[/QUOTE]

Very interesting info DT! Dana- can we sway you to try the Epcot area? One stay at BCV and we were hooked. :happy:

It is. The standard view at BWV is nice because you get the prime location w/o using lots of points. The downside is it’s hard to book because people like to book it to save points. If you can call right at 11 months getting it shouldn’t be a problem. The back up is SSR at 7 months, not too bad.

I agree with DT, if someone can get you into a BW ‘standard’ studio right at 11 months it would be AWESOME! That’s how we stayed at Boardwalk several years ago, although, we have NO idea how we got so lucky to get one from a waitlist for our dates.

Try it, it never hurts to try.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;976105]Just something to think about–a standard view studio for 8/23-9/1 is only 133 points. SSR would be 140 points for the same time.

Straight from the DVC website:

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas Studio Accommodation - Standard View 8/23/2010 9/1/2010 133
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Studio Accommodation 8/23/2010 9/1/2010 140[/QUOTE]

wow…I didn’t realize! I will have to consider that as saving the most money is definately the goal here. Thank you for looking into that for me Steph.

I was talking to rlcarmichael about points. I will have to see if this is an option for him. I am not sure where he has points at. AKL value is even cheaper than BW if you can believe it…lol