Looking for WARM tales of WDW at Christmas

Has anyone ever been to WDW in December or January when the days were WARM – short sleeves, water rides, dining outdoors, applying sunscreen…

No coats, no mittens, no manic search for hot chocolate, no running of the heater in the room…

I am hoping to hear that it is not totally out of the question to have a nice warm poolside day at Christmastime.

I went when I was little, about 7 years old I think, and we wore light jackets and shorts that went to our knees and carpris. It wasnt too cold during the day but the night was a little chilly! We had a great trip and never really had to go get hot chocolate all during the day!

We are thinking about going this coming Christmas so I cannot wait to here what everyone else says!

We went for Christmas 2 years ago and had beautiful weather. Nate and I wore jeans and a sweatshirt every day and started and ended each day with a pullover jacket. Mike wore shorts and a sweatshirt every day. Nate even swam one day but it was a little too cool for me to think about getting in. I was never truly cold, evenings were cool but none of needed more than a jacket to keep warm. We left our winter coats in the car at the airport.

One morning at Epcot we were standing next to a family dressed like it was August, tiny shorts, tanks, and flip flops–they had to be freezing. It wasn’t ‘cold’ but there was no way I could have dressed like that and been comfortable. Most days the highs were in the upper 60s/low 70s and nights were in the middle 50s.

Absolutely! The one year I ran the race with long sleeves and pants was incredibly hot. I was nearly overcome with the heat.

Dec/Jan is just so darn unpredictable that you have to pack for all kinds of weather at that time of year. In fact, I think it’s the norm to have both warm and cold weather in the same week at that time of year.

OK, we are getting warmer, so to speak… PLEASE more! Higher temps! Tell me about the sunburn you got all over your tummy from baking by the pool on Christmas Day! Tell me the line for splash was 120 minutes because guests were looking for any way at all to cool off! Tell me they sold out of Dole Whips on New Year’s! Tell me you didn’t bring a bathing suit, but it was so hot on Christmas Eve that you had to swallow your pride and buy a Seven Dwarfs bikini in the gift shop!!!

I don’t remember the years, but we were there in December (1st week) four times. One, we only had to wear a jacket at night, very nice during the day, another, we never wore a jacket the whole week we were there and not a drop of rain, perfect. In 2008 we froze all except the last two days. Like ddoll said, very unpredictable.

We went the week before Christmas once and it was pleasant. We weren’t sunbathing or anything but it was short sleeve weather during the day and light jackets at night. We did go swimming one night…it was cold but we were rebels back in those days. And the pool was packed.

The family went for Christmas 2007, stayed 9 days some days it was chilly with a sweatshirt some days it was in the high eighties with t-shirts and shorts. The same for December (not Christmas) 2008.

Gotta second everyone else. Even here in SC we are in shorts one year at Xmas, then this year`we were in full winter jackets. Just too darn unpredictable.

If I pay extra, can I request warm weather? LOL

Only during Spa treatments and possibly in the hot tubs.

Only if I can request cool weather in July.:laugh:

Our last two trips have been at the holidays, and it has been challenging to do things we really love to do, like water parks and so forth. I don’t really expect that December at WDW will include that sort of stuff, but I really would like to not have to wear all the clothes in my suitcase.
I know I sound like a big baby, but we haven’t been able to book our beloved May in a long time.
I do love the Christmas decorations and festivities, but I really miss the sun on my bare shoulders!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1015846]Our last two trips have been at the holidays, and it has been challenging to do things we really love to do, like water parks and so forth. I don’t really expect that December at WDW will include that sort of stuff, but I really would like to not have to wear all the clothes in my suitcase.
I know I sound like a big baby, but we haven’t been able to book our beloved May in a long time.
I do love the Christmas decorations and festivities, but I really miss the sun on my bare shoulders![/QUOTE]

I did love going to WDW for Christmas and I can’t wait to do it again but I also missed the warmer weather. I know it sounds crazy but we really don’t mind the heat in the summer, I can deal with that a lot easier than cold weather. WDW in May is perfect, it’s my favorite month.

I also remember our first girl’s trip in December was quite warm. We did have sunburns. We spent time at the pool and everyone was in shorts and tee shirts:

Oh wonderful warm weather Christmas pics!!!
We went in 2001 for two weeks in December, and the first week was so hot, I bought shorts and tank tops. The second week when my daughter came down and brought hot weather clothes from home for me, we were back to jeans and long sleeves. No jackets any time the first part of the trip and it was wonderful. The second part was still very nice but that was the last time we have been that lucky in December. Most times have been nice enough…just enough of a chill to remind us that it is winter.

I am starting to feel MUCH better!!!

Yes, in 2006 it was very warm. We were in shorts and tee-shirts all week. I don’t remember it ever being cold in December until this past year. And then we went for New Year’s in 2007, and it was rainy, but not cold.